BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~~ Good Morning ~~ Friday, December 22 , 2006
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Good Morning TOH BBer's And Bake Spacers! :O) Reply with quote

Joseph Johnnie, MDH John's father, is frustrated being in the nursing home and taking his time recovering (he loves being waited on hand-and-
foot).

MDH John is toughing it out. He is still working on his historical investigations/research. He has joined 2 groups of Civil War reenactors and has made webpages for both of them (under construction); this is keeping him busy and preoccupied and out of trouble, for the most part.

Good morning to everyone-and Welcome back (Pat) Kity NC
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile

Wow! How great to see each of you!!

Debbie - What a blessing that your family found such a nice place for your mom.

Pat - Come join us often, please. You are always welcome.

Patti - Pecan pie! Are you making a traditional pecan pie recipe, or do you make another version?

Linda - Healing is truly a blessing. This fall my mother felt the same way about moving to a cane following surgery... graduation!

Redawna - How nice to see you posting, again. Enjoy that company supper tonight.

Linda - What a great idea! Hope we see you back here later.

Holly - I'm keeping you, John, and John's father in prayer.

Kenna Lou - Hope the family trip to pick up the puppy goes well.

Toni - Is your wrapping finished?

Jan - Glad to see you posting. Did Babette fix the problem?

~~ Vicki ~~

Smile
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad I'm welcome to join in .So you can get to know me here's a little about myself.
I'm a stay at home grandmother.My family consists of myself,my husband,our daughter,son-in-law and our 2 granddaughters.We all live together and for us it works out great.I take care of my grandaugters while their parents work,and I do most of the cooking.My daughter does it on the weekends if she doesn't have to work.We both do the cooking on Sundays.On Sundays we take the food to my dads and eat with him.We have always eaten there,my MOM passed away in July 2005 after that we started to eat at home but the girls didn't like te change so we went back to the old way.
I love to cook ,sew and crochet.Aso TALK.
Am excited to get to know all of you!

Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whew - it's been a busy morning! It's lunch time so maybe I can post a little more.

Pat - it's so nice to get to know you. I know it's not the norm now days that several generations live together, but it really wasn't that long ago that most families did that. My maternal grandmother lived with us until she passed away and my grandmothers parents lived with her until they died. I loved having my grandmother live with us - of course I was her favorite grandchild so that helped.

Holly - How long will Johns BF be in the nursing home? That's great that John has plenty to occupy his time.

Linda - I've been spreading the word about BakeSpace too - I've put a link to my profile on my email. One of my nieces clicked on it and loved it - don't know whether she'll get too envolved as she is a working mom so is extremely busy. This is a great place and a wonderful bunch of people, isn't it.

Radawna - it's so nice to have you back as a regular again hope you have fun at the Christmas supper tonight.

Linda W. - yea, a cane! I bet you'll be happy with that. I'm sure you're bored you always seem to be on the go normally.

Patti - mmm I love pecan pie. Now that my Mom is gone, my sister is the pie baker in the family and makes the best pecan pies.

Debbie - I knew once you put the decorations in her room she would love it! I'm so glad to hear that she's eating too! How are you feeling?

Vicki - the weather is warm and raining, I think the temps are in the 50's. I was sitting in the drive through at McDonalds and just had on a light weight cardigan - unusual for this time of year. I heard on the news this morning that we may be in the 30's on Christmas and possibly get a little snow.

Lunch time is over and I just have three more hours to go and then I'm off for four days! I have one more cookie swap recipe to add so will try to get back on this evening.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
hollymcdonoughga
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Many thanks for your kind words :O) Reply with quote

Cookie Baker Sheryle,

MDH John's BF, Joseph Johnnie, thinks he will be out in a week. We have known people who take as long as a year to get back on their feet and walk-especially at his age-Joseph Johnnie will be 80 in April 2007.
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Re: good morning Reply with quote

Kity NC wrote:
I haven't posted here in a while,hope you ladies don't mind if I join you.I'm Kity from TOHBB.I love chatting with my friend on the BB,so I thought I'd check in over here again.
Most of the time I post on The site of SAHWS.

Pat

Hi Pat.. quick question.. was it the newsletter that brought you back to BakeSpace? I'm just checking to see if the newsletter is doing it's job at inspiring "home comings" for members who signed up early on... Let me know your thoughts & welcome back!

To all the other TOH ladies and Tjaart - good morning! Don't know if you guys read in my Skunk posting.. but I got sprayed last night on my neighbors patio.. hilarious and sad at the same time as I was wearing my favorite jacket. DOH! I don't know if I thanked everyone for the holiday cards... thanks! They were very sweet.. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day...

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I missed your post this morning Pat, welcome. This is a great place and I just know you will like it. Linda, it will be so nice for you to graduate to a cane. I had to use a walker for awhile after some major back surgery and was so glad to get rid of it. Holly, they do Civil War re-enactments around here, I live very near Gettysburg, PA. My husband and I never get bored with touring the battlefields. Vicki, funny you should ask about my pecan pie, I have used my great-aunts secret recipe for years, have even shared it with several people. About two years ago, I noticed it is the same exact recipe that is on the Karo bottle except hers says to add a dash of salt. I guess it wasn't as big of a secret as I thought! Babette, I meant to tell you yesterday how much I enjoyed the newsletter, it was beautiful and informative. I get several newsletters of that type, but I think I enjoyed yours the most.
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to make a few more things- my DH favorite apple pie,a flourless cake and a Key Lime Pie but today I made my chocolate cookies for the people who work at the pharmacy. I have to tell you it was the BEST Very Happy
They have a very difficult job and with the price of medications most people take their frustration out on the wrong people which happens to be the ones working behind the counter. I gave them a big box and the girls came around and each one gave me a hug and said none ever gives them anything. How sad is that!
When I read the thread on TOH about people not wanting to eat homemade gifts, I think about the people who are forgotten and I bet they would love to get something and know that someone was kind to think of them.Linda
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it was the newsletter.Thougt I'd check in again.Glad I did everyone seems so friendly.I'll be back tomorrow.

Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD NITE TO ALL MY DEAR FRIENDS.....I'm totally wore out!! It's been a very stressful day with all the running we did and all that stupied traffic. Then as DD and I were almost done with our grocery shopping,DSIL calls her cell and says he's having an allergic reaction to some kind of nuts he just ate...they are taking him to Quick Care...then they sent by rescue squad to the ER...DD was flipping out!! Long story short, he said they gave him about 8 shots, put him on oxygen and gave him a breathing treatment. When they got to my house about dinner time ...he looked very very pale. I watched the boys while they were at the hospital and they were a handfull, plus I had groceries to unload and put away, a sink full of dishes to do so I could get dinner tonite and dinner to fix. Now don't get me wrong..I love to play with the boys and as long as you are playing with them ...they are fine. I didn't go to see Mom tonite and I told her last nite <I probably wouldn't be up tonite...but I called her and talk to my sister, the nurses were doing something to MOM. Sis says she ate good again today and they had her up a few times. So a little of that each day, by next week she should be showing a little more of here olsd self. It is difinitely a Christmas miracle if you ask me. Thanks to all of my good friends for thier prayers....I do appreciate them!!

***VICKI, I hope you had a good day with your grandson today! Did you do anyhting fun? My 4 yr. old grandson stayed all nite with us last nite. He really likes to stay here and i love to have him too.

***SHERYLE, Thanks for taking the time to post all those delish recipes..i copied them all. I received the card you sent Mom today and will take it with me tomorrow when I go see her. I'm also taking her a box of Graham Cracker Sticks..she loves them.

***PATTI, Homemade Pecan Pie sounds sooo good ..it's one of my favorite kinds of pie. The secret recipe is on the Karo syrup bottle huh? I hope you don't mind if I sneak a peek at it> LOL

***LINDA W, CONGRATULATIONS walking with the cane instead of the walker.i'm so amazed at how well you are healing. I was telling my DH(who's DM had hip replacement last year) how well you were doing and he said "she must have had a better doctor than Mom or she's one tough lady?" I told him it was probably both!!

***Redawna< Hope you had fun at your DH christmas Dinner. My DH's company use to have dinners,but they got bought out by a cheap company.....no dinner, no bonus, no nothing!!

***LINDA L, How's your ear infection doing ..hopefully it's getting better!!I love BAKE SPACE too...I find myself coming here first...I guess becaause I feel so much more closer to all of you girls. We have really
become close..Yes? i go to TOH about 4 or 5 times a week..not everyday like I use to. That was really nice of you to bake the pharmacy staff some cookies..and it showed when they hugged you, that they appreciated it too.

***Holly, So glad that ornary Johnnie is doing better.....when he gets frustrated, that's a sign he's back to his ole self! How good that John has something to him busy and out of trouble.....old war re-inactments..how cool.

***KENNA LOU, When you get time, Let us all know about your new fur-
baby Did you have a good road trip?

***BABETTE, A skunk got you..OH MY GOSSH!!! you'll probably never get that smell out of your jacket...I haven't read your story about it yet, but I will.I hope you don't mind if I laugh silently>>>LOL That will be a good one to tell your children someday!!

***PAT, Last but certainly not least. WELCOME !!! We would love to have you join us anytime. I think I remember chatting with you over on the TOH thread...SAHW. I started over here and don't seem to have the time to chat to many places. You'll find we are a nice group of friends and are always here to lend an ear to help each other or just chat about our day and our lives.

Well I've talked enough...tomorrow is another day..you all have a restful sleep and take care..Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: