BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

April 4th--

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lagar
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:55 am    Post subject: April 4th-- Reply with quote

Morning all,

Busy day yesterday so I couldn't get on to check what was going on in here.

Pat- did you get the pictures I sent you from shutterfly?

Hear that we are going to get cold weather for the weekend- glad we have some wood left Wink

Prayers to all in need.

Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Linda and all who come later.
Getting ready to leave for school so I only have a few minutes.I have alot of washing to do today and I'm going to try and get an early start on my weekend cleaning.

Linda, I did get the pictures and they were fantastic.Looked like a wonderful place to have a vacation.I especially loved the picture of the rainbow,so lovely.All of the pictures made me wish I could go there and spend a week or two.

Got to go.

Wishing all a great day.

Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Linda, Pat and all who follow. I decided to post from work today, since everyone else is goofing off, I may as well too. Not much planned today except after I get out of here this afternoon, I have an appointment to get my hair cut and I really need it! My bangs are getting too long!

I did put together some Easter bags for our student employee's and put them out on their desks this morning. They always enjoy the baskets and bags I give them for the holidays and I enjoy doing it for them. I like to do things like that for the holilday's and their birthdays since they are away from home. We have two graduating in May and another one getting married in May so that's going to keep me pretty busy getting gifts, cards and wrappings. I also have two nephew's graduating from high school so have to do something for them...they lilke money so I'll probably just give them that.

Linda - love your bunny graphic. We were lucky last night, we had storms, but nothing as bad as predicted. It has gotten colder today...can't believe it was in the 80's yesterday.

Pat - I hope you get all everything accomplished that you planned.

Well, I guess I had better get back to work. I hope everyone has a nice day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda, Pat, Sheryle, and all to follow,

Can you tell that the cold front has gone through? I looked out our kitchen window and saw occasional snow flakes. We are also under high wind advisory. What a temperature drop from 70 degrees yesterday! Easter is supposed to be colder than Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year's Day. Brrrrr!

Do you have something special planned for Easter? My daughter and son-in-law's family will be spending Easter with his side of the family. We can't complain, though. They are here a lot.

I may make a small pan of brownies this morning. Yesterday, I just didn't dare to bake if there was a chance of a power outage.

Wishing you a cozy day,
Vicki
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, y'all! I have finally made my way back here. As you all know last week I got my new washer and dryer.

After using it all day on Thursday, I was so disappointed in it, because it took forever to wash a load of clothes in it. I was so upset, because believe me, it was not cheap.

I really got stressed out over it and it caused me to have alot of problems with my nerves. I just started having this feeling that I had made a HUGE mistake in my choice. I knew that my DH would be upset with me over it. So after stewing a fretting over it from Thursday until Saturday, I decided I wanted to return it. So Saturday, I went back and told them I wasn't happy with it at all and I picked out something out.

I just went with a basic washer and dryer pretty much like my previous ones. I am so much happier with these. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off of me. I know this may seem silly to some, but it was a big deal to me because of the money invested.

As it turns out, when I returned these I found out that so had alot of other people because they had a lot of problems with them. I'm glad I went with my gut feeling.

I said all that to say this - that's why I haven't posted lately. My nerves are just now getting straightened out over all of that.

It has been very warm and humid here the past few days. It is a cooler this morning and supposed to be even cooler tomorrow. Yea!

I have missed you all. I hope everyone has a great day!

Hugs, Kenna Lou

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO LINDA L, PAT, SHERYLE,VICKI, KENNA LOU, and EVERYONE that stops in today........Now I mean to tell you the temp has dropped by at least 40*!! Yesterday it was warm and sunny and up in the 80's...today it's cloudy, very windy and cold, probably in the low 40's!! We had a little rain, but not the storms they were saying we were going to have. I'm so glad the boys got to play outside for a few days. DH had to weigh his wants with his responsibilities and decide to either mow yesterday evening, before it rained or take a motorcycle ride before it rained! Thank goodness the mowing won, because it needed it really bad. I did however feel bad for him, that he didn't get a chance to ride, seems like it's always raining on the week-ends, when he has more time to ride. I let the boys spend the nite last nite and we had fun playing outside again after dinner, then back inside for Am. Idol and cake and ice cream..then to bed. This morning I got up and fixed bacon and eggs and then bathed the boys and dressed them and we played some more. They sure are a lot of fun!! Thier Mom and Dad have already come to pick them up, so now when I get off the computer, I'm going to jump in the shower. I probably won't fix any dinner tonite , as I still have a lot of Spaghetti and also some Taco meat...so we'll eat leftovers tonite! Works for me and DH doesn't mind!

***LINDA L, Hope your day today is a little less busy. Put some wood in the fireplace and cuddle up to a good book. Isn't this crazy weather...one day, it's air conditioner time and the next it's time to put wood in the fireplace!!

***PAT, Hope you have a good day at school. I won't be doing anymore cleaning until Friday. Then I think I'll start the laundry...if I dodn't have the boys.

***SHERYLE, That is so like YOU, to do SPECIAL things for your student employees. How thoughtful of you!! Sounds like this summer you'll be having a lot of graduation parties to attend. DH and I got our hair cut this past Saturday and of course she didn't fix mine hair right. DH said I looked lie a little dutch boy the way she styled it!!

***VICKI, Is Easter really supposed to be colder than Christmas and New years?? Our plans for Easter are going to DH's parents and eating dinner and letting the boys hunt for Easter eggs...weather premitting of course!

***KENNA LOU, Oh my, so sorry you were so upset about your new washer and dryer. I just figured you were washing everything in sight. I remember you saying it took a while longer to wash. Yes I would have returned them also...especially for the privce you paid and not being happy with them! Did the store give you any grieve about returning them? Sure hope you're feeling better now and YES we missed you!!

Well, I'm going to get off here....I want to jump over and check out my "Myspace", then take a shower. I can't believe it's already 3:00 o'clock! Hope everyone stays warm and dry and has a good day today! Hello to anyone that stops in after me. Take care and hugs to everyone! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all my Bakespace friends. Sorry that I couldn't get on here until now. Been kind of a crazy day.
*Linda L., love that Easter Bunny graphic. We are being hit with cold weather also.
*Pat, I need to get a head start on my cleaning too. My sister wants me to go out with her on Saturday, so I won't get any cleaning done that day.
*Sheryle, what a great surprise for the student employee's. It is sweet of you to try to make their holidays a little less lonely.
Vicki, I think with this cold weather we better rethink hiding eggs etc. outside. Or I guess dress the kidlets really warm.
*Kenna Lou, Good for you, returning something you were not happy with. I am glad that they didn't give you a problem with it. I am sure that is a huge weight lifted off you shoulders. Glad to see you back here.
*Debbie, are you getting upset with American Idol? It is starting to be too sad to watch. I am glad that the boys got to play outside. My granddaughter Madison called me this evening and said she didn't get to play outside today because it was raining. I am glad that my husband doesn't mind leftover either, some nights it sure makes it easy!
Patti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: