BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday, April 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:12 am    Post subject: Saturday, April 7 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. It is so cold out this morning and I just saw on the news where the roads are bad this morning. I guess there is black ice on them and they are quite slippery.

I'm lying here in bed with my trusty laptop and a heating pad. My doctor said the muscle in the lower lumbar region of my back was tight and that's what's causing the pain and sitting at my desk at work was just making it worse. Let me tell you, it hurt so bad yesterday that I didn't think I could even walk out to my car and go home! So he gave me prescriptions for muscle relaxers and pain pills and said to keep a heating pad on my back and just take it easy. So looks like my weekend will consist of watching TV, hanigng out on my computer and reading. I just hope i'm better by Monday.

I hope you all have a wonderful Saturday!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Sheryle! Sounds like your weekend is all planned out for you. I hope you feel better soon. The muscle relaxers should really help. The only problem is they relax every muscle in your body! Laughing

I wasn't able to get here yesterday. We had a funeral to attend yesterday morning and when that was over, I took my youngest dd shopping. We didn't find anything and she was very disappointed! If it's not pouring down rain today, we will probably go to the mall and look there for something.

I want to wish all of my Bakespace friends a very Happy Easter! Have a great weekend, too!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle,Kenna Lou and everyone.
I was up early and started to post but then I lost it and had a few things to get done before I could come back.
The girls kept me pretty busy yesterday and I didn't get back on.Also I had company yesterday,Becca stopped by for a visit.I love it when she comes and we can talk and talk Laughing

Sheryle,I'm glad the dr. gave you something for your back.I know how really bad back pain can hurt.Take care of yourself,relax and try to have a good day.
I'm off to the bookstore today.I'm looking for books by Luanne Rice,Leslie Meier,Kay Hooper and Judith McNaught.Also some by Beverly Cleary and Gary Paulsen for Kristin.

Kenna Lou, Hope you have a wonderful Easter.

It's turned cold here but suppose to warm back into the 60's this week.I sure hope so.It rained some here last night, a few places got snow flurries.If we got any I didn't see them.

Wishing everyone a great day and a wonderful Easter.

Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING SHERYLE, KENNALOU, PAT and EVERYONE that stops in today.........I have been sitting here trying to find just the right Easter graphic for all my Special Friends, and decided to wait and do it later as my tummy is grawling from being hungry!! I can not believe it's spring time! Last nite when Dh and I went out Easter shopping for the boys, we came out of Walmart to pouring down snow and it stuck too. so we have snow on the ground and the temps today are going to be in the low 30's! I have a pretty good size Magnolia tree that was loaded with pink flowers and now they are all dead...I hate that, but it was too big to cover! Looks like if we have an Easter egg hut for the kids tomorrow ...it'll have to be inside! today is laundry day and I'll probably run the vacumn and dust, just to freshen up the house. Tonite I'm going to make Bake Steak and put it in the slow cooker. I hope it turns out..I've never cooked it over-nte. DH's parents usually eat dinner early on the week-ends, so I need to fix it like that so it will be done by the time we leave...which will be around 1:00. After we eat and visit there, we are going over to one of my sisters to visit. They invited us to dinner, but I don't think we'll be hungry!

***SHERYLE, Sorry your back is hurting so bad. At least you went to the doctor and got some meds. for it. I sometimes have trouble with my sciatic nerve getting swollen and I can't stand the pain and have to take muscle relaxers for it. Hope you start to feel better. Do you think your sister will bring you a plate of Easter dinner? I would if I lived close enough!! rest and get better OK?

***KENNA LOU, Have a woderful day shopping at the mall with your DD. I pray you don't have any rain!

***PAT, Glad you had a nice visit with Becca. tell her she needs to stop in and visit us at Bakespace more often!

Well, I'm off to the kitchen to fix DH and I something to eat...we both are hungry! Hello to everyone that stops in after me and everyone have a nice day! Take care and Much love to you all.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're interested.. we're holding an easter egg hunt on the main site right now.. If you find all the clues, you get a bakespace gift... Smile
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun Easter egg hunt! Can you believe I sailed through the whole thing and got hung up on the last clue! Must be my meds...

Sheryle

Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cookiebakr wrote:
Fun Easter egg hunt! Can you believe I sailed through the whole thing and got hung up on the last clue! Must be my meds...

Sheryle

Sad That last hint was "peter" as in peter rabbit. Smile There is always next year!
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did finally figure it out...just took me too long.

It was great fun, especially since I'm stuck in bed with my bad back and can't get out to celebrate Easter with family and friends.

Thanks for the hunt!

Sheryle

cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been a quiet day for me. After I ate breakfast and took my medicine I came back to bed, turned on the heating pad (my back started hurting just in that short amount of time) and started reading some posts on TOH and fell asleep. I slept until about 1:00 PM, I missed all my favorite shows on PBS. I got up a bit later and had lunch; chicken salad sandwich, dill pickle, potato chips and root beer, took meds got back in bed and enjoyed the BakeSpace Easter hunt. Just ate some yummy Turksih Coffee ice cream and will soon get out my book and start reading...if I can stay awake.

Kenna Lou - I hope you have a successsful shopping trip today. I never seem to have any luck if I go looking for something special.

Pat - I get so irritated when I've type a long post and then accidentally delete it. I hope you find some of the books that you are looking for.

Debbie - this weather is just awful! I have a small magnolia tree in my front yard and a red bud that had just started to bloom...I haven't had the heart to even look at them because I know what I'll find. I doubt if my sister will bring Easter dinner to me. Her family always pile in on her and she does all the work so I'm sure she'll be tired once the day is done. Then tomorrow (she was having her dinner today) she is getting ready to fly to Washington state to visit her youngest son and his family. Don' t know what my other sister is up to...probably getting things together for tomorrow. I'm ok with that though...I'm kind of the independent sort and don't want people fussing over me.

I think I feel another nap coming on. I hope you all have a wonderful Easter!

Sheryle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: