BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday, April 9
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Monday, April 9 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone...I hope you all had a wonderful Easter. Well I'm staying home from work today. I got up to get ready for work and my back started bothering me...so will give it one more day of meds and rest before going in. I got up a little bit yesterday and washed dishes and took out the trash and was in quite a bit of pain after that. I hope my back gets better soon. I guess I'll spend the day reading and watching TV - again. Guess I'll make my way to the kitchen and get some coffee and breakfast.

Have a great day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheryle, so sorry that you are still in so much pain. Good morning to all my BakeSpace friends. I had a really nice Easter, heard from all of my kids, even if they couldn't all be here. Dinner turned out really good, but that pie I posted was too sweet for my liking. I think I will make a homemade vanilla pudding as the base, so I can control the sugar/sweetness. Not too much going on here, going to the in-laws later today and doing up some laundry before I go there. My back is really "acting up" so I have to be at the hospital by 6:45 tomorrow morning for tests. I hope I don't encounter too much traffic getting there. Kinda cloudy here today, I sure hope we get some warmer weather soon. Poor sister booked a room at the beach this weekend, so far it looks like it will be pretty cool for her. It probably won't bother her too much, she will just use the indoor pool, she would never get in the ocean anyway. Have a great day, gals.
Patti
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle,Patti and everyone stopping by later.
My DH was sick last weekend with a bad cold so guess who's got it now. Sad
If you guessed me you're right.I'm sitting here now all wrapped up because I'm about to freeze.I seldom if ever get cold.Last night I had a fever but this morning it was gone.Sure hope my DGD's don't catch this.
We have plenty of leftovers from yesterday so I'm not cooking or doing anything today.DH is watching the girls for me til he leaves for work.Then I'll let them watch tv or play with each other til DD gets home.

Sheryle,Take it easy and rest today,don't overdo things.Hope your back gets better real soon.

Patti, Glad you had a nice Easter.Hope everything turns out ok with your back.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Pat
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
Well yesterday was a day. My Sister and Mom took her husband and MIL to church and then the diner for breakfast. My sister's MIL had a heart attack at the table. She is in the hospital, 88 and it is touch and go right now. They were able to contact her 2 sons who live in Kansas and Calif. and they were able to get flights out to NY last night. We still had dinner at my brothers, except were a lot less people. This is the 3rd time my brother has hosted a holiday were someone ended up in the hospital. It is really weird.
I am off today and taking my mom to the airport, she is leaving to back to Fla. I have off tomorrow as well and school starts again on Wed.
Probably just shopping today with my girls and making Hot wings for dinner. Have them in the freezer since Super Bowl and want to get rid of them. I have a meeting tonight so I better get started.
Everyone have a great day
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORING DEAR FRIENDS........I thought it was supposed to warm up into the 50's today, but I guess that starts tomorrow! And then rain the rest of the week! So I guess I'll stay inside all week long, but that's OK...I save money that way! I just got finished paying some bills and then after I get off here I'm going to give the house a hot and miss with the vacumn and dust cloth! No cooking for me either, as I have leftover Easter dinner in my fridg too! Dh is working out of town today, so he won't be home for lunch. Usually I don't eat lunch when I'm by myself, but I will today, because I'm a little hungry!

***SHERYLE, Sometimes it takes a while for your back to get better. When my back goes out I'm usually in pain for at least a week, even with the meds. You're just gonna have to take it easy. Hope you feel better soon!

***Patti, Ok, was I wrong? It wasn't "YOUR" birthday? If not when is yours? I need to go over my Birthday list and make sure I have everyone else's correct. Sorry you're having trouble with your back too. What kind of tests are they going to do? Hope the doctors can figure out why you're in pain. Yea, if I ws your sister, I would rather swim in the indoor heated pool, than the ocean.....you never know what's swimming with you in the ocean!

***PAT, This is the kind of weather that makes everyone sick. My DSIL has had it for a week now and he's getting worse. DD tried to get him to call off today and go to the doctor, but he wouldn't. Now one f the boys has it to and is throwing with his! Hope you start to feel better, I guess over the counter meds. don't help too much!

***LINDA W, Oh my goodness......What ashock for your sister's MIL to have aheart attach right there at breakfast. I hope MIL pulls through...88 is getting up there in the years though. I'll be saying a prayer for her and theresr of the family!

Well, I guess I'd better get busy with my house work. Hello to all that stop in after me. Hope everyone has a good day today. Sending hugs and smiles your way....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I just had my grass cut for the first time this year...and it really needed it. The people I have cut my grass just finished about an hour ago. That's one of my splurges...I hate cutting grass and don't always have the time, so it's nice to have someone else do it for me.

Patti - so nice to hear that you had a nice Easter! Too bad your pie wasn't as good as you had hoped...can't believe that something can actually be too sweet. Very Happy I'm sorry that you are having back trouble too...I hope you find out what is wrong, please let us know. Enjoy your afternoon at the in-laws. When is your birthday? As I said in the birtday thread, I have three Patti's on my calender.

Pat - I'm sorry to hear that you aren't well today..do you like tea? I always enjoy hot cup of tea when I have a cold. That would help warm you up too. At least you won't have to do a lot of cooking today. Are your granddaughters on spring break? Take care of yourself and I hope you feel better tomorrow.

Linda W - your poor sister...what a shock that had to be for everyone. I hope her MIL is doing well.

Debbie - your weather sounds as yucky as ours. It is a little warmer today, but another cloudy and dreary day. What happened to the sun? I don't know...I can find a way to spend money whether I leave the house or stay home...there is always online shopping. Laughing That's one of the things I miss about going to my sister's house for the holidays...she usually sends me home wiith enough leftovers to last a day or two. I hope you get your housework done.

It's almost lunch time...guess I'll go make a sandwich.

Sheryle

Last edited by cookiebakr on Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:24 am; edited 1 time in total
KY_Kate
Chef

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the life of me, I couldn't remember my user name and password to post here! That is what I get for not being here for a few weeks.

Easter was quiet at our house. Just DH and me. I did fix a nice supper for us. We had turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, gravy, homemade rolls, green beans, cranberry sauce, apple cobbler, and iced tea. I have learned to buy a small turkey and have the butcher cut it in half. That way, we only have a few leftovers.

I finally got my taxes done. I am so bad about procrastinating doing them. I have been meaning to do an amended return for 2005 since last April, and I just got those done too! That is really bad. At least, we are getting money back. If my amending had resulted in paying a penalty, I would have done it the next day! I still need to file a return with the City of Cincinnati for a refund of local tax paid for days I wasn't working in Cincinnati. I hate paying those 'payroll taxes.'

So sorry you gals are having back trouble. That is so aggravating. Hope y'all start feeling better soon.

We are leaving for vacation on Friday. I told my husband if he found out he was in remission again, we were going to go on vacation immediately. I am off Thursday, we leave on Friday to go to VA to pick up my mom and dad, then off to New Bern (NC) on Sunday. We will leave there on 4/22, unless we decide to come back a day or so early. We will take my mom and dad back to VA, rest a day, and then head home. I don't go back to work until 4/25! Woo-hoo. I definitely need a restful vacation. The only part that sounds bad is the long drive. Not looking forward to that.

Just finished my lunch, such as it was, so I had better get back to work.

Kate
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kate - it's so good to see you posting again - don't stay away so long next time. You sure had a nice quiet Easter...sounds very nice. I hope you have a great vacation...you are always so busy that you deserve it. I hope your husband continues to do well. I don't even want to talk about taxes, just glad mine are done!

Sheryle

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat, sorry to hear that your DH shared his illness with you! I am glad that you are able to take it easy today, I second the nice hot tea. For some reason it always makes me feel a little better.
Linda, what a day is right, your poor family, not a good way to start a Holiday. I hope you and your girls had a good day shopping. My sister and I went on Saturday and oh my goodness, it looked like it was Christmas eve. They were so busy at the malls that people had to park in the grass, it was just crazy.
Debbie, my birthday is July 29th. I can't get it to post the right day in my kitchen, I asked Babette about it and she said it isn't anything I am doing, it is a glitch of some kind. I am having MRI"s first thing in the morning and lots of blood tests. I am in so much pain and have been losing the feeling in both of my legs and sometimes my arms. I have already had major surgery on my spine and definitely do NOT want to go through it again. Sounds like you are wishing for warmer weather like me.
Sheryle, I love seeing the freshly mown grass almost as much as a freshly cleaned house!
Kate, welcome back! We have missed you. I hope you are able to enjoy your vacation and that the long drive isn't too bad. So glad to hear that your husband is doing well.
Patti
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patti - thanks for verifying your birthdate, now I know which of the three is yours. I know what you mean about the BakeSpace birthday...everytime I update my profile, the date changes and to even get it to go to the correct day, I have to save in on next date. Crazy!

Since I've had nothing better to do, I've been playing around on the computer. I found a place where you can set up a free web site, so that's exactly what I did. It's a work in progress, but I'll post the address so you can check it out. Those of you who are my MySpace friends will recognize the pictures. Not sure how much I can add until I run out of space, and don't know if I want to pay extra to get more...we'll see how it goes.

http://www.freewebs.com/cookiebakr/

Guess I had better stop and drag my garbage out to the end of the drive...see what that does to my back.

Sheryle

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: