BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday, April 27

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: Friday, April 27 Reply with quote

Happy Friday! Good morning everyone. I tried to post my favorite Friday graphic, but for some reason I can't get it to work...my brain must still be a sleep! Laughing Thanks again for all the birthday wishes posted here and on MySpace yesterday...they meant a lot to me. I had a nice time at dinner last night. My cousin took me to a restaurant that wasn't ultra fancy, but just had a nice atmosphere. Not all the loud music and noise that one finds at so many of the places like Texas Roadhouse. We were able to talk without having to practically yell over all the noise. My dinner was delicious! I had a lovely spinach salad, steak, garlic mashed potatoes, bread and, my favorite part of the meal....creme Brule for dessert - yummy! I got home at 9: 30, so was in bed at a decent hour, but didn't get to sleep until almost 2:00 AM and then had to get up this morning at 5:00 AM. I don't feel too bad right now, but I'm sure it will hit me this afternoon. Must have been the excitement of turning 50. Laughing

Time for me to do something with this hair and then get some breakfast. Have a wonderful day!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Sheryle and all to come.
I have alot to do today.All my church cleaning,cooking and other housework.DD has to work 7 days again this week so I want to get my weekend work done today.That way the girls can spend more time playing with their new puppy tomorrow.My DH has to work 7 days too.
I hope this is the last week they have to do this.

Sheryle,glad you had a good birthday.Your dinner sounded like it was great.

Becca,tell Timothy I said Happy Birthday!
The girls loved the brownies,Thanks.

Going to get some things done,will try to get back later.

Wishing everyone a great day.

Pat
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Sheryle, Pat and all to follow!

Sheryle, I'm glad that you had a lovely birthday, both in the office and later for dinner.

Pat, you seem to have cleaning on your agenda, too.

This week, I've either been on errands or cleaning - at least it seems that way. I shared a hint from TOHBB on the Household Hints thread: Use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and Dawn dish detergent for persistant scum. I have scrubbed and scrubbed this old tub without success until I tried this hint. Now, does anyone have a way of getting a tub shiny without using wax (too slippery for a tub)?

Wishing you a wonderful day and a beautiful weekend,
Vicki

Smile
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By the way, Sheryle....

I heard there was severe weather and possible tornadoes in Illinois, Indiana, and Ohio. Was that north of you?

Vicki
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat - your poor daughter...I feel so bad for her when she has to work 7 days a week. I'm sure it's very difficult. It's great that you are there to help her out with the girls. What kind of job does she have? Gosh and DH has to also...yuck! I'm sure the girls love that little puppy...kids and animals are a fun combination. I hope you get all your work done today.

Vicki - We were lucky, we didn't get any severe storms or tornado's around here, they hit mostly south and east of us. Coming back from Dayton, my cousin and I got a little worried because we drove under a big black could for several miles and didn't get much rain. Needelss to say we kept our eyes on that clould looking for a tornado. We hit some heavy rain later, but that was it. Once again...we were very lucky. The tub in my parents house became all scratched and worn and my Mom tried everything she could imagine to fix it, but it didn't do anygood. They finally had to have someone reglaze the tub and it was good as new after that.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sheryle, Pat, Vicki and all else who are able to check in today. I am doing laundry, made a nice lunch for hubby, finally got my checkbook balanced and that is about all I have planned for today. We have plans to take our DGD out on the boat tomorrow to go fishing, I hope the weather cooperates.
*Sheryle, sounds like you had a very nice birthday dinner. I am glad that you didn't run into that real bad weather.
*Pat, those girls will have great fun playing with the puppy, you should take some pictures. Too bad the rest of the family has to work so much. Hopefully it will lessen a little soon.
*Vicki, I saw your hint and it sounded like a good idea. I will have to try that when my back is feeling a little better.
My dryer buzzer just went off so I will have to go for now. I will try and check back later to see what everyone has been up to.
Patti
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd drop in for a couple of minutes.I've only got a little left to do today and I'll be through.Looking forward to a Saturday with not much to do.Play with the girls and cook dinner.

Sheryle, My DD works as a cloth grader.She's the head of her dept.She went to college and became a surgicial tech.,she later found she didn't care for that,so til she found what she did like, she got a job working with cloth.She likes it .The reason they're working so much right now is that they have a rush order that has to go out soon.Normally they only work 5 or 6 days a week.The cloth they make is mostly for the furniture industry,sometimes they make some for use as uniforms.

Hope everyones day is going great.
Have a wonderful Friday night.

Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friends......Today ahs been different! Last nite I was going to keep both the boys all nite and Cody got sick and threw up all over the living room and was saying I want my Mommy...you know how kids are...there's no one like Mommy when you're sick! So I had to call DD and have her come get Cody, told her to leave Blake here as he was already asleep. Then through the nite he started running a temp and I had no med. for him, so I had to wait until DD came with med at noon. Needless to say he was sick and didn't want me to put him down...That's the reason I haven't been on all day! No throwing up for him though. thank goodness...I thought I ws going to lose my dinner last cleaning up Cody's mess! DH is still sick too and I hope I don't get a relapse in getting sick to. The storm completely missed us! They were forcasting severe storms, large hail and strong winds. We got a little bit of rain I'm really glad too.

***SHERYLE, Sounds like you had a really good birthday and a nice dinner with your cousin, Hope your day today at work was good and now you can loo forward to relaxing this week-end! Glad the storm missed you too!

***PAT, It's really good that you are there for the grandkids while your DD works. I'm sure like your DD and your DH though, you are ready for a break when thier 7 days are over! Hope you were able to get your work done today.

***VICKI, Thanks for the tip on cleaning your tub. I'm going to give it a try. I've bought other tub cleaners and they don't work like they are advertised too.

***PATTI, Balancing our checkbook is a job I hate and it takes me hours! I also need to be alone with complete silence. Glad you got yours done.

Well, sorry to make this so short, but it will soon be dinner time and I need to get busy. Hello to anyone stopping after em and I hope everyone has a good evening. Until tomorrow, take care and hugs to Ya! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: