BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Monday May 7

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yellowcarnation
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Monday May 7 Reply with quote

Hello everbody, I took my DD to the doctor Friday. The doctor said that she has strep throat. I was surprised. Continue to pray for my aunt Arlene. She is taking chemotherophy. She has to take it for four months. My DH just got back from Florida. He had a conference. He left last Tuesday and got back Friday. I have a pulled muscle. I am going to the doctor in the next few days.

Becca
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Becca and all who come later.
Cool morning ,be glad when it warms back up.Being Monday I don't believe I'll do to much.(I don't care for Mondays).Probably just cook and wash one load of clothes.

Becca,hope Hannah is feeling better,and that your back gets to feeling better too.Will continue to pray for Arlene.Thanks for the cake yesterday.

Going to fix my breakfast now,will try to come back on later.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

Pat

Last edited by Kity on Mon May 07, 2007 6:44 am; edited 1 time in total
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Becca, Pat, and all to follow!

Becca - I will certainly keep you and your family in my prayers.
Pat - I'm doing laundry, too.

We are trying to get the final menu down for my son's open house. We scheduled it for mid-afternoon, so we are not planning a meal. We are considering: meatballs; vegetables and dip; crackers and cheese/hummus; fruit; peanuts and mints; graduation cake; punch and coffee. Any other ideas?

Wishing everyone a beautiful day.

Waving from Michigan,
Hugs,
Vicki

Smile
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING BECCA,PAT,VICKI and ALL MY OTHER DEAR FRIENDS TOO......what a week-end! I was busy all day Saturday...with cleaning, Dh and I got all the laundry done, I had a nieces baby shower to go to at 7 in the evening, so I had to get the gift wrapped, then we didin't know if they were going to serve food or just cake, so I fixed a lite easy dinner about 4:30, we ate on paper platesso i wouldn't have a big mess to clean up when I got home and I told DH just to leave everything on the stove, I'd clean it up when I got home. I didn't get home until 10:30 and DH had all the kitchen cleaned up for me! Bless his little heart! Then I had to get back in the kitchen and cook 10 lbs. of potatoes for the breakfast cook-out the next morning! After they were done I went to bed! Only to be kept awake ALL NITE with RLS (restless leg syndrome) I bet I didn't get but 2 hrs sleep and that's when I first went to bed. I go to the doctor for my yearly check-up on the 18 th of this month and Im telling him about this RLS, so I can get some meds. for it. Anyway, back to my long winded story....Started making French toast at 6:30 Sunday morning and left to go out to the park by 8:00! Now let me give you a little background on the breakfast cook-outs! My Mom and Dad love to do things like this and the family would all get together several times in the summer, early in the morning and everyone would bring breakfast food. Some foods would be cooked there at the park like the scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, potatoes and grits...other things like breakfast casseroles, sausage gravy and biscuits and my french toast would be fixed at home. Always had plenty of juice, milk,coffee,donuts and sweet rolls too. Anyway when Momwas alive it was always so organized and this time it wasn't, so we all decided what we could do to make it run more smoothly and will try again in a month or so. Everyone had a good time though...there's a playground right next to where we eat and a creek that runs behind the tables where the kids play and catch crawl dads and they play frezzbie too and just set arounbd eat, play and visit with everyone! Sure did miss Mom though! Enouhg rattling on and on..... sorry!

***BECCA, Will be keeping you and your family in my prayers that you all start to fel better. Glad your DH made it back safely from Florda.

***PAT, It's a bit chilly here too. I almost got up in the middle of the nite and turned the furnace back on! I think it's supposed to warm up here today or tomorrow. I'm also working on one load of laundry. DH forgot to put the quilt in the washer, so I need to do that because one of my cats threw up on it and I don't want it to stain. I cleaned it up and sprayed it with SHOUT, so hopefully it won't!

***VICKI, Your graduation party menu sounds perfect.. I wouldn't change or add anything.

Well I've got to go get busy, my MIL called while I was typing this , so I'm really behind schedule now! I'll stop back in this afternoon. Hope everyone has a beutiful Monday! Hello to those that stop in after me too. Take care and hugs.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning to Becca, Pat, Vicki, Debbie and everyone else who gets a chance to stop in today. I had such a busy weekend that I never got a chance to get on here. Not that you all weren't in my thoughts though. Saturday was great at the Land Of Little Horses with Madison. We spent all day there. There was so much more to see and do than when my kids were little and the weather was perfect for lots of walking. Sunday hubby. son, and two BIL's went golfing so my sister and I spent the day together. It was so nice, we went shopping, came back and made a nice salad for dinner and chatted up a storm. I was so tired both nights I went to bed early and didn't get a chance to catch up here with everyone. Hubby and I went out and spread some more mulch this morning, have laundry in the dryer and thought I better get on before the day gets away from me today.
*Becca sorry to hear that Hannah has strep throat and that your back is hurting. Hoping Arlene isn't too badly effected by her chemo, will keep her in my prayers.
*Pat, I like Mondays because we always go to have dinner with the in-laws and have lots of visiting time.
*Vicki, waving back. Sounds like a great menu you have planned.
*Debbie, your family sounds wonderful! I love the things you all do together. Your craw dad story made me chuckle, one time my kids gathered some up and brought them home and decided to keep them in a bucket, I didn't know that they had snuck them in the house. Next day when they got up they were gone, they had gotten out and crawled into the registers, which I didn't find out for a couple of days!!!! What a stinking mess to find and clean up. BOYS!!!! I hope the Dr. can prescribe something to help with your aching legs.
Gotta go get some lunch for hubby and I.
Patti
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone. I just got back from the dentist and the grocery about 30 minutes ago and am not very happy. After being drilled on for 30-45 minutes, my dentist informed me that the tooth he was working on has to be pulled! So now I have an appointement with an oral surgeon on Friday for a consultation. After I left the dentist office, I went to Kroger to buy my favorite ice cream, UDF's Turkish Coffee, so I could drown my sorrow and there was not a pint to be found, so I had to make do with Hagen Daz Vanilla! Sad

Becca - sorry to hear that your daughter has strep throat, does she have to miss school for a while? I hope your back gets better soon, I know how bad it feels, mine was bad for about a month and finally started feeling better about a week ago. Take care of yourself.

Pat - sounds like you planned a fairly relaxing day, did you get any reading done? I haven't picked up a thing to read in the last week or two...have got to get back to reading again. Instead of reading, I've been hooked on playing Freecell and so far my score is, 137 games won and 5 lost.

Vicki - the menu for your son's party sounds delicous!

Debbie - your breakfast cookout sounds like a lot of fun! I'm sure your mother was missed this year, but since it's something she enjoyed, it would be nice if it continued. The food sure sounds good, of course breakfast food is my favorite. Kids and creeks.... they just seem to go together. My brothers always loved to go play in the creek and one time they even took me along with them. My sister and her husbands property has a creek running through it and my nieces and nephews love to walk down to the creek and play. I hope your doctor can prescribe something for your RLS so that you can sleep.

Patti - I'm glad you and Madison had a good time at the Land Of Little Horses...did she get to ride any? I hope you have a nice dinner with your in-laws.

I'm feeling the need for some ice cream, even if it isn't my favorite flavor. Very Happy

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
Cake_Diva
Garde Manger Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm new to the forums here, so I hope to make some friends. Feel free to ask me any questions! Smile
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Cake Diva. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: