BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday May 10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:30 am    Post subject: Thursday May 10 Reply with quote

Good Morning
Well I am so tired even before my day begins, I was out late last night, I was elected to the Borad of Directors of GS.
tonight is my DD birthday, just having cake late and we are going out tomorrow night for dinner. Have to work today, but I am home afternoon school and getting out my clothes and taking it easy. Been a long week
Other than that not much more week to report.
I hope all have a wonderful day
Linda
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Linda and all to follow!!

We have Kenny Chesney in concert tonight and tomorrow night here in Grand Rapids. Tuesday night on my way home from work I had these 2 buses next to me on 28th(major city street) when we got stopped at a red light I thought it was rather strange there were 2. Anyway I got to looking at the back of the one bus and it said KC Crew. It was Kenny Chesney's crew. It was very neat, I followed them down to the hotel they are staying at. In all, I saw 7 of those big motorhome buses.

What are everyone's plans for Mothers Day??? I'm having my family over for Sunday dinner. Hoping the weather stays nice so we can all be outside and watch the kids play.

Well I better get to work. Hope everyone has a beautiful day!!

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Linda, Jennifer, and all to follow!
I have been under the weather for the ten days, and just starting to feel better. My daughter called and gave me the nicest compliment, "What's wrong? You sound like you've been run over by a truck!" Neutral

Tuesday was my mother-in-law's birthday. Tomorrow, we will have the her and the rest of the family here for dinner to celebrate her birthday and Mother's Day. I'll make the cake tomorrow morning.

Linda -
What are you planning for your daughter's birthday dinner? I hope she has a wonderful time today and tomorrow.

Jennifer -
Quite a surprise to see those buses! Are you going to the one of the concerts? I hear they are sold out.

I'd better get moving. So much was neglected while I was sick.
Have a lovely day,
Vicki

Smile
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki,

No I'm not going. I don't like spending that kind of money on a 2 hour concert. I've gotten cheap since having kids. I guess its all about priorities for me. And they definitely come 1st.

Sorry to hear you've not been feeling well, we had the colds go through our house and everyone seems to be healthy again. Laughing

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer,

We haven't gone to a concert (other than school symphonic concerts) in years. The sinus and ear infections are slowly responding to antibiotics. If they don't fully clear up, I'll be sent to our friendly Ear, Nose, and Throat doctor. Smile

Take care,
Vicki

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Thu May 10, 2007 5:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Linda,Jennifer,Vicki and those who come later.
Doing my usual things today.Kaitlyn has gone on her field trip today.This is the first one that she has been on without any of us going with her.She thinks that's great but it makes me nervous.I guess that's because I'm a worrier.So I'm going to try and stay busy.

Linda, wish yor DD happy birthday for me.
Are you excited to be on the Board of Directors of GS?What kind of things will you be doing?OK enough nosy questions from me. Laughing

Jennifer,For Mother's Day it will be the dinner with the family.Sit around and visit and play with my DGD's.

Vicki,Glad to hear you're starting to feel better.
What kind of cake are you going to make for your MIL's birthday?

Wishing all of you a wonderful day.

Pat
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pat,

I've never made this cake, but it sounds like something that my mother-in-law would appreciate. I plan on making half a recipe using a Jiffy cake mix.

What do you think? Has anyone tried this recipe or a similar one?

Vicki

EASY STRAWBERRY CAKE

1 white cake mix
4 cups sliced strawberries
1 cup granulated sugar
1 pint whipping cream

Prepare cake mix according to package directions; turn into greased and floured 9x13-inch pan. Cover batter with strawberries; sprinkle strawberries with sugar. Pour whipping cream over ingredients in pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes or until cake springs back when touched lightly. Cream and strawberries sink to bottom, forming a lush custard layer.
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki,
I've never make one like that but it sounds delicious.I wish I'd had that recipe last week,a friend gave me a quart of the most delicious strawberries I've ever eaten and big ones too.The girls ended up just eating them.They were so sweet and juicy.Let me know how it turns out and I'll go where she did and buy me some and try the cake out.

Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD AFTERNOON FRIENDS.....Well here it is 2:26 and I'm just now getting on. DD called me at 8 o'clock and said Cody was sick and running a high temp and would I watch Blake for her , while she took Cody to the doctor...long story short....Cody had strep throat. I tell you whatseems like everyone is getting a cold, the flu ,strep or a bad sinus infection this Spring. DD and I were going tostopat the grocery store and also pick up Cody's meds. for his strep, but he was feeling so bad, I told DD she couldmtake me and the boys home and I would doctor Cody, while she went to the store. He went right to bed and fast asleep! We were going to go out for dinner, but since Cody's sick< I'll probably just make BLT's for dinner!

***LINDA, Congratulations on getting the Board of Directors for Girl Scouts! Will that kep you busier than being the President like you were? I love your graphic this morning. Please tell your DD I said Happy Birthday! Hope you get a chance to rest this evening! Are you still shopping for your cruise?

***JENNIFER, Did you spot Kenny Chesney or did his road crew have him well hidded? I'm like you as far as the price of concert tickets anymore. When we were young adults and you could see a good group for 12 to 15 dollars thatwas okay...know that we have other things to spend our money on...like children and/or grandchildren or our home ...we think twice about spending it! For Mother's Day, we are going over to DH parents...I thought maybe we'dtake his Mom out for dinner..I don't know yet! Then I'll go to the cemetery to visit my Mom...it sure is going to be hard to get through that day!!

***VICKI, I'm sorry you've been sick for a week or so. It sure is hitting people hard this season. Hope you're on the road to feeling better. I think this the the hard part about on-line friends for me at least..... I truely think of you all as good friends and I feel helpless when someone is sick or having a bad day or lost a loved one; that I can't be there to give support. Like if I lived closer to you, I would at least cook you and your family a meal and if you needed me too, I would tidy up your home for you. Please know that I'm thinking about you and really do hope you feel better.

Well, I'm going to get off here and go check on Cody and go through my mail. Hello to anyone stopping in after me! Hope everyone has a good rest of the day! Take care nad Hugs and Smiles to ALL.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://bakespace.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1090

We need some help voting - check out the above post and please vote for your favorite story. Smile The top 5 win a DVD.

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: