BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday.....May 16 th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 2:09 am    Post subject: Wednesday.....May 16 th Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS.....I've been up for several hours and thought I'd start this mornings post, since I won't be home most of the day! DD and I have several errands to do today and nothing ever takes just a few hours...it'll be a "Run All Day" day! She'll be here about 9 o'clock and we'll go for breakfast at Shoney's breakfast bar, then from there take Cody back to the doctor, from there over to my Dad's ...he ask if we would run the vacumn and dust for him (he's been working so many hours, he hasn't had time to do it, then from there to the grocery store!! And I know I'll be exhausted! Yesterday evening when DH came home from work he said, "I have just enough time to eat a quick bite, then I have to go back out for work and leave for Maryland!" He had to drive 4 hrs. and be at his hotel room to check in by 11 o'clock. Now I thought why couldn't the company tell him this earlier, so he could leave without rushing? He'll be home this afternoon, but it sure was quite without him here last nite. Hey did anyone watch Am. Idol? It was really good last nite and from the very beginning when they picked thier top 12 ......I'll always said that Jordan or Melinda would be the top 2 standing. Both those girls can sing. Now Blake is still in the running too and it will a nail biting nite tonite to see who goes home tonite! One thing about the show , when your in the top 4, you usually get a record contract and go on to make a CD! So they ALL are winners! Well I'm going to get off here and watch the morning news and get a shower and feed the cats and take ut the dog and take my morning meds and make my bed.....OK now I'm tired already and I haven't even left! LOL! All you girls have a good day today. It's supposed to be cooler with rain here, but we need the rain! Hopfully we can get of errands done in between rain drops! Take care and hugs to you ALL !! Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
wargofive
Executive Chef

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning all
As usual I am on the run, went to a Victorian Tea last night in honor of the first woman president of the Sons of Italy in 100 years. Very lovely, wore a dress, hat, white gloves, and brought a pretty tea cup. They served finger sandwiches and cookies. Lots and Lots of food, raffles and centerpiece ( a decorated hat) give aways.
Tonight I have another meeting and I have something every night for the next two weeks. So my chicken is in the oven this morning at 6 am so that I have it ready for tonight's dinner. I feel like I have to have a game plan each day.
I hope everyone one of you has a wonderful day
Linda
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning Debbie and Linda. You are both very busy today it seems. I'm having to do the church bulletin for Sunday so I have been working on getting a format set up for that. Just the usual laundry, etc., today.

My daughter did fabulous in the pop show last night. Of course, I think she was the best one. So many of those kids barely open their mouths when they sing and they sound like they have mush in their mouths. My dd isn't afraid to sing out. I'm so proud of her.

We are having summer like weather already. UGH! I hate hot weather and we have it so long out of the year here.

Hello to everyone who stops by later. I hope everyone has a beautiful day!

Hugs, Kenna Lou
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon Debbie,Linda,Kenna Lou and all others who come later.It seems I'm getting later everyday.I worked outside this morning because we're suppose to get some rain this evening.Right now it's not even cloudy,but we are getting some smoke from the fires in Georgia.The winds have been blowing pretty strong this morning.
I thought I'd better get on before I go to pick up the girls or I might not find time later.
All of you sound like you're alot busier than I am.Nothing much going on here.The usual cooking and cleaning.
Hope all of you are having a great day.
Got to go for now,time to leave for school.

Hugs,
Pat
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening everyone. It's 7:30 and I just got home....I've been on the go since before 5:00 this morning and I'm exhausted! I dropped my car off for an oil change this morning at 7:00 and was told it would be ready by 11:30. When I got to work I had a voice mail from the place I get my hair done and they wanted to know if I cold come in at 4:15 instead of 4:30 so I called them back and said I could. At 11:00 I got a call from the mechanic telling me that I had some things that needed to be done and when he told me the cost, I nearly fainted, but since I need my car, I told him to go ahead and make the repairs. I just hope my car holds out two more years then I'll get a new one. Anyway, he said they probably wouldn't get it done until around 3:30 and I said ok...3:00 rolls around and I get a call saying it will be closer to 4:00 (which normally wouldn't have been a problem but since I had a hair appointment at 4:15, that was cutting it pretty close, and I hate being late for anything), but I said that would be fine. About ten til 4:00 I have someone, from another office, at my desk that I'm trying to help and worrying about getting out of the office on time, I got out of there a little after 4:00. I picked up and paid for my car and got to the beauty shop by 4:15, I couldn't believe it. After I left there, I figured I hadn't spent enough money today so decided to go to Hobby Lobby to get flowers (I didn't make it there over the weekend) and then to Sally's Beauty Supply. I stopped at Burger King for a quick dinner and then stopped by Kroger to pick up some groceries. I'm so glad I'm home!

Debbie - congratulations! I'm so happy that you are going to have a granddaughter....I bet you buy a lot of cute little girlie things for her. I know I would. Mmm going to Shoney's for breakfast sounds wonderful! We went to Bob Evan's for lunch today and I ordered breakfast...it was so good! I hope you got all of your errands taken care of.

Linda - I'm jealous! I would love to go to a tea party...they sound so elegant and fun.

Kenna Lou - did you finish the church bulletin? Congratulations to your daughter...I've always admired people who can get up in front of people and sing. I've done it a few times, but have been so nervous that I don't enjoy it. The last time I sang in front of anyone was when my mother was dying and my cousin and I sat by her bedside and sang some of her favorite songs. The Hospice nurse was there, one of my nieces and I'm sure some of the staff heard us, but that was one of the few times that I didn't care. I'm like you I don't like it when its hot...I like it around 75 degrees not hotter and not much colder.

Pat - have you finished with all you planting? I don't know, you always sound busy to me.

Well it's now 7:50 and I guess I will stop for now and eat some of the Turkish Coffee ice cream that I bought while at the grocery tonight. Have a great evening and I hope everyone sleeps well tonight.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all my Bakespace friends!! I had such fun, but it is good to be back. We helped our friends steam clean their carpet at their condo in North Wildwood, then we spent the rest of the day in Cape May, I just love that town before the summer crowds get there. The next day we planted some flowers and did some light repairs at their place at Seaville, went out for lunch and each headed home to vote. My son from Philly called and asked if he could stop in with a friend for dinner, WHILE WE WERE STILL ON OUR WAY HOME!!! He ended up not getting to our house until 9:30p.m. I told him I would appreciate a little notice next time. He said "I gave you six hours notice." I had to explain to him, it doesn't count if he calls when we are on our way back from a trip! It was an exhausting day, so I was glad for a fairly easy day today. I got some gardening caught up on quick before the rain hit, some laundry naturally and I hope to get the house cleaned tomorrow. I hope too, now we will see if it gets done.
*Debbie, I am so so thrilled that you are having a little granddaughter to love and enjoy, along with your grandsons. It had to be so great to be right there with your daughter when she found out, I am sure that I would have cried. Congratulations. Sounds like you had a very busy day today. I too am looking forward to American Idol tonight.
*Linda, Victorian teas can be fun, can't they. Sounds like you had a good time. You girls are all so busy, something every night, don't think I could handle that. I like to get in my p.j.'s early and just relax in the evenings, can't do that if you are out and about.
*Kenna Lou, I hate hot weather also. I was so glad that it didn't get out of the 70's when we were at the beach, made for great walking weather. We all do a lot of walking, usually a couple of miles a day at least. The last day we were there it was getting really hot, so it made me less sad to leave. Did you get to take pictures of your daughter last night? I bet she sounded beautiful.
*Pat, we got some pouring rain here today. I had put some fertilizer pellets down in my flower beds and counted on the rain to water it in. Cut down a little on my work for the day. Does it smell smoky from the fires in Georgia? I hope it is not too bad.
*Sheryle, mmmmmm Turkish Coffee ice cream sounds good. We are going to have a cantaloupe cut up for our treat tonight. We picked it up at a fruit stand in New Jersey, got some strawberries and some tomatoes also. Everything is so good. Must be the sandy soil. I am so sorry to hear about the expensive car repairs, they never seem to come at a good time. I hate to be late for anything also, my hairdresser says if it gets to be 5 minutes before my appointment and I am not there she knows something is wrong. You were lucky to make it on time with all those things getting in your way.
I am off to cut up our cantaloupe. Glad to be back and getting caught up with everyone.
Patti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: