BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thrusday...May 24 th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 5:49 am    Post subject: Thrusday...May 24 th Reply with quote

GOD MORNING GIRLS....It's 8:30 or around there and I've only been up for a 1/2 hour. Lots to do today...I want to start the laundry, DH's Mom brought bags of things over for the garage sale and it needs gone through and priced. My house is starting to look like the Salvation Army! I have a few pieces of cooked chicken that I thought I'd make Chicken Salad out of and the boys ar coming over about noon, while DD runs a few errands! I need to vacumn, but I'll do it tomorrow! Yesterday afternoon about 4:30, my sister called and said they where going to the Der Dog House (Best Cheeseburgers in our area) and wanted to know if we wanted to meet them over there. So since I really had no exciting plans for dinner, I called DH (he was still at work) and he said sure! DD and the boys and my Dad were going too. So I made reservations for 8, because they are always busy. DH and I rode the motorcycle over and then went for a nice ride afterwards...made it back home with a few minutes to spare before Am. Idol came on. That was a good show, but in between commericals, I would switch over to the LOST finale and watch it too! I hear Lost has signed another 3 yr. contract and it ended really good, so I'll be anxious to catch it this Fall. And of course Am. Idol ended with JORDAN taking home the title of Am. Idol. Of course her and Blake both got brand new Ford Mustangs! Oh by the way....we all had a blast playing outside yesterday. Had a little pizza party and played the rest of the afternoon!
Well girls, I guess I better get busy, time is getting away from me already! I hope everyone has a great day, stay cool in the warm spell we are having. Kenna if your reading this I hope your DH is better and I hope you didn't get it. DD got it yesterday, I guess from me! Take care and I'll check back latr today. Hugs to All....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Debbie and all who check in!

Thank goodness we are taking a break from kitchen sanding/painting today. We'll probably resume the work next week. Banana Bread is cooling, and two loaves of Almond Bread are almost finished baking. If I do make more bread, it may be tomorrow since a very warm afternoon is forecasted. This is our final menu for Saturday: Vegetable tray with dip, quick breads, tortilla chips/salsa, and crackers/hummus which will accompany the cake and punch. The only thing I won't be preparing myself is the cake.

Debbie,
Housecleaning is on my agenda this afternoon, too. Don't work too hard.

Have a great day,
Vicki

Smile
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi to all
I came on this morning but must have been typing while Debbie was,so my other post is under another spot.
I've gotten a few things done this morning.Need to water my plants as it is so dry here.We need some rain.
This hasn't been the best week for some of my friends.Two of the ladies in our church are in the hospital.One had surgery a week and a half ago for a ruptured appendix,came home and started running a fever.Now she's back in the hospital with an infection.The other lady is my Sunday School teacher and she fell and broke her hip yesterday.They did surgery on her last night.I called the hospital but only got to talk to one's Mother because she was having a test run.My S.S. teacher was sleeping so I talked to her daughter.Also DD's father-in-law is in the hospital.His blood sugar level dropped and they're trying to get it stable.Please remember these people in your prayers.
I'm fixing pizza for dinner today.Thougt I'd go the easy route.
I need to get my cleaning done this evening so if DH happens to be off Saturday I will go to see these that are either still in the hospital or hopefully at home by then.

I hope all of you are happy and healthy and having a wonderful day.

Got to take a shower before picking up the girls.
Bye for now.

Hugs,
Pat
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to all my BakeSpace friends! It is really getting hot out there. I went this morning and got my haircut and it looked so nice after she fixed it, well, that didn't last long. I started watering my flowers, decided to thin some things out, transplant a few things and then I was dripping with sweat. Hubby came out and scolded me for doing to much so I came in. He said lets go out for lunch, I had to get my second shower before noon!! Now we are back and we have lots of errands to run, plants to deliver, packages to deliver, things to pick up, laundry to do. I should sleep good tonight!
*Debbie, I noticed a recipe yesterday for a chicken and rice salad, with grapes etc. I think I might try that this week. It sure looked good. I just knew you and the boys would have a great time yesterday. Best of all you didn't have to worry about dinner. Sounds like an all around great day! I was happy to see Jordan win. She seems like a real sweetheart.
*Vicki, those breads you were baking sound real good. Your menu for Saturday gave me another idea for our picnic on Monday, I think I will make some homemade salsa and tortilla chips, everyone always loves that.
*Pat, it is really dry here also. Wow, your friends are having a time of it! I hope they are all on the mend real soon. Pizza is never the easy route here, because everyone requests ones where I make everything from scratch, then when you get to cutting up all the toppings etc. it is quite a job. But they sure taste good. I am holding off cleaning my house until closer to our big family picnic, it never seems to stay clean long and I want it to look nice then. We got the outside looking good, house scrubbed down and everything, all the outdoor furniture cleaned, etc. I am worried about our campfire we build every year with it being so dry, but I know hubby and BIL's will insist on having one.
Hope everyone has a grand day.
Patti Very Happy
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good evening ladies. I've been home about 45 minutes...my sister really wanted me to stay overnight, but as much as I appreciate her helping me out today, I really just wanted to come home and sleep in my own bed...she made me promise to call her (it's about a 20 minute drive from there) when I got home so she would know I had made it safetly. I'm so happy that this morning is over! Once I arrived at the oral surgeons office, it didn't take long. They took me back at around 10:15 and was done by 11:00. My sister was surprised, she said when she went with her daughter, when Melva had her wisdom teeth pulled, she said it took a long time. I said that the difference was due to the fact that I had local anesthesia and not general. I was so nervous, especially after he got through giving me the novacaine....sometimes I think that hurts more than the actual dental work. I'm glad that I didn't have general anesthesia because it makes me so sick. My wisdom tooth came out fine, but he had to cut out the other two, so have stitches in them. We went to CVS to get presriptions filled for an antibiotic and pain pills...they told me that it would be 20 minutes, 50 minutes later we were still sitting there.. By that time the novacaine was starting to wear off and I was starting to feel some pain. My sister was really annoyed and finally asked them if they had forgotten about my meds or what? The best part about the day was that my sister and I went to Cracker Barrel for breakfast before heading to the doctors office...it was yummy!

I have to stop now and go take my meds and then I think I'll go to bed...the vicodin is starting to make me sleepy. I'll talk to you all tomorrow.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO vICKI, PAT, PATTI,SHERYLE, KENNA, BECCA, LINDA AND ALL OTHERS THAT STOP IN TONITE....It's been a long busy day and my foot is in a great deal of pain! I just took 3 Advil and thought I'd set down and check out what happened in you girls world today! As you know I watched and of course played with the boys today and DD and I also went through some more garage sale stuff.....I'm running out of places to hid it, so my house doesn't look like I'm moving! We had a very easy dinner...Schwan Chicken Strips and Fries! I cleaned out the freezer and fridg. when I got finished eating. I was going to do it ealier and Cody said ...Mamaw, remember when you cleaned the fridg out last time and I helped you? I said...well can I help you again? But I didn't get to it until after thewy left!
***VICKI, Sounds like you "WERE" busy in the kitchen! It might not have been with painting and such and I must say those quick breads really sound yummy! I threw out about 6 bananas this week and I thought if you weren't so lazy you'd make banana bread with those. it just kills me to throw bananas away when you can make bread with them, but I've not been in the mood to cook.
***PAT, Sorry we were posting at the same time this morning. We need rain here to...it's awfuly dry, matter of fact I've been thinking about getting out the sprinkler and watering the lawn some. I will difinately keep your friends and your DD's FIL in my prayers and hope they all get well soon!

***PATTI, I bet you were glad to get your hair cut this morning! But then you go work outside and have to take another shower and mess it p...LOL At least it's cut now and you can do something with it! You probably will sleep good toniote. I slept until 4 o'clock this morning and then went right back to sleep and DH said it was because I was outside in the fsh air and was busy! I guess he's got a point. Am. Idol was really good and I so glad that JORDAN won! She did a good job fighting back those tears, didn't she?

***Sheryle, So glad your party at the dentist is over! Hopfully the pain won't ast too long! t least you got to eat a good breakfast at Craker Barrel before you went to the dentist. Get some rest and I'll be thinking about you and your sister. Hope you both feel better soon!

Well, I'm going to go take one more Advil and set down in the recliner with an ice pack on my foot. You all have a good evening and have sweet dreams. I'll chat with ya in the morning! Good-nite and Hugs to all.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: