BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tues. June 5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:00 am    Post subject: Tues. June 5 Reply with quote

I can't believe that I am the first one on today. Sheryle, I was so sad to read that the money didn't turn up and now that there is an I-pod missing also. I hope they find the person, fire them AND prosecute them. I had such a busy day yesterday that I wasn't able to get on. I missed you all. We got up and took Madison to a fish hatchery, oh my did she love that. She asked if she could catch some fish, we told her we didn't think that they would appreciate that! Then we drove down to Maryland and had lunch and then on to the zoo. She is studying about the letter "Z" so she was supposed to get a picture of the zebra. We were walking out the gate and she said "Grammy! We didn't see the zebra!" Wouldn't you know he would be at the very other side of the zoo and they told us that he doesn't always come out and might be hiding out in his shed!! Of course we trecked back over and took pictures. On the way back this dear sweet THREE year old informed us her back was hurting, could we carry her! Hubby picked her up and carried her a short way and told her she is just too big to be carrying. Then she looked up at me and said "Grammy, my knees are bothering me." Oh my, we were laughing so hard! We came back this way and didn't even have a chance to go home, we went right to the in-laws for dinner. Another great meal, we had grilled asparagus, pineapple sprinkled with cinnamon, and ham. I just love all that cooked on the grill! Then they pulled out a fresh strawberry pie with whipped cream for dessert. I would weigh 500 pounds if I lived with them. Debbie, glad to hear that your yard sale was a success, sorry that it made your foot hurt so bad. Poor hubby of yours sure does work hard. Gotta go unload another load of laundry out of the dryer, I will check back later.
Patti
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Patti and all.
Hot here again today.It's another busy day for me.Right now I'm running off copies of some a math study guide for Becca's son Timothy.It has math for grades k-4.It should be a big help over the summer to get him use to some 2nd. grade math before school starts back.We used it for Kristin and now we use it for Katie.
Next I have to hem a slip and fix the straps on a camisole for Kristin's 5th grade promotion ceremony tonight. I have a load of clothes in to wash ,then fix dinner and take a shower.By then it should be time to pick the girls up.

Patti, That was so cute about Madison.Sounds like she always has a good time with you.It is alot of fun watching your grandchildren get so exicited about things.

Got to get my clothes out of the washer .

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Hugs,
Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING PAT, PATTI and EVERYONE that drops by today......It's 11:30 here, and I always think I'm going to make it on earlier, but don't! I don't have a lot planned for the day. There's things that I need or should do...like vacumn and dust, clean the bathroom,but right now I'm not in the mood. I might do it later this afternoon! DD and I are going to get our nails down sometime today...that has become an expensive luxury for me as I usualy pay for DD too, so ends up 55.00 every 2 weeks...now what could I buy with that kind of a pymt? Oh well, I'll do it for a while longer. I've got some ground chuck in the fridg. for dinner...I'm not sure what I'm going to make with it though. I thought about porcupine meatballs with some par-boiled potatoes around them covered with a brown gravy and baked in the oven for an hour and add some kind of vegetable to go with it. Tomorrow is going to be a busy day for me.....I have a carpet cleaning company coming to do my carpets and then the kids are coming over for dinner....which I will put a roast in the slow cooker in the morning and I need to make a choc. pie for dessert tomorrow..I might do it tonite, so it'll have a chance to chill rel well. We've all been talking about Mom's Choc. pie (she made the best) and I know how she made it, so I'll see if I can do her justice, by giving it a try! I'm going to call my dad tonite and se if he wants to come over for dinner too. Last nite I treid to find a NEW Layout for my MYSPACE and looked for over an hour and was getting tired and sleepy....anyway I found one..not sure if I like it,but kept it and everything I had written in my "ABOUT ME" section including Mom's pictures is gone! I don't know wha I did wrong and I haven't had time to get back there and work on it, but it all needs re-done! I hate that too!

***PATTI, You and your DH are very good grandparents to Madison and she will always remember you for all the love you give her! Sounds like the zoo was lots of fun and how nice that you all back-tracked to get the picture of the Zebra! My DD and her family are going to the Zoo in Cleveland in about 2 weeks and Cody said .."Grandma, why don't you come with us?" I told him I would, but grammie can't walk anymore, so I'll just look at your pictures! I remember the days of taking our DD to places like Disney World, Dollywood, Sea World, Kings Island and several Zoos and all the walking I used to doand how wore out we were at the end of the day...but it was sooo much fun! Dinner at your in-laws sounds wonderful! I love asparagus and have never tried them on the grill. I've got a box of frozen asparagus from Schwans...wonder if they could be put on the grill? I'll have to give them a try! I'm the only one that likes them, so I'll only do a few.

***PAT, Sounds like you have alot of little chores going on today! You mentioned making copies of math ....I let Cody play little games on the computer and while he's having FUN, he's LEARNING too! We always have a good time doing that!

Well. DD just called, she's on her way over, so I better get ready. I'll stop back in this afternoon or early evening to say hello. Hope everyone has a great day! take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Girls! I'm not going to post much today. I need you all to pray for my mom. I got a call from my brother earlier and my mom is in the hospital. They think she had a mild stroke and maybe a urinary tract infection. She also was throwing up all night. DH and I are on standby to go to Ft. Worth is need be. I'm just waiting to hear more from my brother. Please keep her in your prayers.

Love, Kenna Lou
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh my gosh Kenna Lou, of course I will say a prayer for your Mom. I hope everything turns out to be okay. Let us know when you can, how things are going. Patti
Motherof2Boys
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou-My thoughts and prayers are with you and your Mother.

Jennifer

http://bakespace.com/?motherof2boys
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou, I will keep you and your Mother in my daily prayers. Lord knows you that for me and my Mother! Keep a postive mind and things will work out. My DMIL had a small stoke several years ago and she's OK now...no harm done to her mind or body! Keep us updated when you can! ((( Kenna Lou)))

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou - my thoughts and prayers go out your dear mother, you and the rest of your family. I hope things turn out well.

Hugs
Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone. I know I said I didn't think I would make it here today, but decided to check in before heading out to the graduation..may even try to get a 30-45 minute nap before leaving. Not to much happened today...Ashley and I talked to a police officer today about the theft of her IPod and the missing money. They are going to check into it and he seems to suspect our new night time cleaning crew. It's possible, but wouldn't you think the someone on the cleaning crew would realize that they would be the first people who would be under suspicion? Anyway, he also told us to get the word out throughout the building and sometimes the things mysteriously reappear. We've now done all we can do. I do work with some very nice people...after a few of them found out that our wedding gift money was stollen they have given me more money to replace what went missing. I told them I didn't want them to, since it was my responsibility, I would replace it, but they gave it to me anyway. I thought that was very nice of them. Cindy and I are going shopping Thursday night to purchase the gift so this whole episode will soon be finished.

Patti - the story about your granddaughter's back and knee troubles is so funny...I can just see her doing that. I know the kids in this family would always want me to carry them, but never thought of saying they were physically unable to walk...too cute!

Pat - I hope things slow down for you a little once school is out. Those girls certainly keep you hopping!

Debbie - did you get your nails done? That's something I've never had done before, but several of the girls I work with do it a lot...I may have to treat myself sometime. I've had my pictures disappear from MySpace after changing my layout. I've finally, after losing my pictures a few times, decided to copy and paste the information to a word document and then, after I've added my new layout, I put the picture information in again. Did you make your mothers chocolate pie?

I guess, if I'm going to get a nap in before the graduation, I had better get away from this computer. I hope you all have a nice evening.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Pat, how was Kristin's graduation ceremony? I bet she looked cute. Did you get the study guides off the internet? Someone gave me a place where I could print out work book pages for Madison. Seems like we never get around to them lately.
*Debbie, how did the pie turn out? I made spaghetti and meatballs out of my ground beef today, and we had salad with the red and green lettuce that I picked out of the garden today. (With hot bacon dressing) We really should have someone come clean our carpets. I have tried and tried and can not get the stains out of mine. We rented a machine. We tried a carpet shampooer my DS and DIL bought, we tried pretreating, spot cleaning everything. I hope you and your daughter were able to enjoy your manicures today.
*Sheryle, hope you were able to get a nice nap in before graduation today. I never thought about the cleaning people having access to the things that are missing. I have heard horror stories from others about the cleaning people.
Good night all. See you tomorrow. Hope everyone is able to get a good nights sleep.
Patti
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: