BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wednesday, June 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:39 am    Post subject: Wednesday, June 6 Reply with quote

Good morning everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful evening and have an equally wonderful day today. I thought, while I'm waiting for my curling iron to heat up, I would get today's thread started.

Well one graduation over and one to go. Things went well last night and considering the class had over 400 graduates it moved along quickly. It started promptly at 7:00 PM and was over by 9:00 PM and I was home before 9:30. I guess I'm old fashioned, my whole family is, but I think there are just a few places where you need to conduct yourself in a respectful manor, and one is a graduation, but I guess it's different now days. The audience was noisy and some of the graduates were even disruptive. The teachers tried their best to keep things under control and everytime they saw a beach ball, it was confiscated. One student, after recieving his diploma, sort of crawled across the stage...I just don't understand. Oh well, my old age is showing. One thing my brother and I are going to do differently Friday night, that graduation is being held in the same building, is we plan to sit in the front row. I'm 5'10" and he's about 6'2" and there was simply no leg room and by the time graduation was over, we were miserable. So we said we are getting in the front row so we can stretch out our legs...we don't care where the shorter members of our family sit. Very Happy

Ladies...I'm getting so worried about my eldest sister, and so is my other sister, brother and sister-in-law. We see early signs of the dementia that took our dear mother. Jean called me yesterday and said they would pick me up last night at around 6:00 or 6:15. I was sitting here at around 5:35, eating a quick dinner and she called saying they were getting ready to leave for graduation...it wasn't going to start until 7:00, and the stadium is right here in town, so we didn't have very far to go. I told her I didn't want to get there an hour and a half early, so I would go by myself and meet them there. I guess she told my brother and sister-in-law that she told me they would pick me up at 5:45...they said they heard her tell me 6:00 or 6:15. We've seen other examples of early dementia too. It breaks my heart to see this happening to my sister and we are all so concerned. I know it's not all about me, but I'm not sure I can go through this again. Sad

It's 5:40 already...time sure flies when I get on this computer, wish it went that fast while I'm on the computer at work, it's time for me to finish getting ready for work. I don't have any plans tonight, so will try to get back on when I get home tonight.

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Everyone!
I'm quickly checking in before we get back to work in the kitchen. More of the cupboards are painted or primed. We started working on some of the doors yesterday. My husband and I looked at flooring.... nothing chosen yet. A lot of priming and painting to go, including that ceiling.

Sheryle,
Despite the admonition by students and faculty to hold back applause, cheers, etc... until all the graduates had received their diplomas, a few "could not" hold back applause, yelling, and air horns. In my son's graduation, most of the graduates acted better than the family and friends. I'll keep you and your family in prayer, especially concerning your sister.

Mother-in-law here. Hope to check in later this week.

Have a nice day,
Vicki

Smile

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:45 am; edited 1 time in total
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING Sheryle and Vicki and Everyone that stops by today.....I'm setting here listening to the carpet cleaning guys clean my carpets and thought I'd stop by here and chat. They were an hour early, but that's OK, get it done and over with. I'm having the kids and my dad over for dinner tonite,I put a huge roast in the slow-cooker...I sure hope it gets done in time. After lunch I'm going to make Mom's famous Chocolate Pie, I was going to make it last nite, but believe it or not I went to bed at 8:30! I was so tired! I thought going to bed that early ,I'd be up at mid-nite thinking it was time to stay up, but I had my normal nite rest..up every 2 hours! I feel prety good today..I might even have some Xtra engery for a load of laundry!

***SHERYLE, I don't think people have the respect of people or occasions, like they use to. And I think it's because they aren't taught! No one is taught good manners anymore! I remember as a young child being taught manners and respect of my elders! I feel awful about your sister.Has she been tested for this? I think now they have medications to help with this. Probably wouldn't hurt to check into it. In the meantime I will definitely be praying for her, you and the rest of your family. ((Sheryle))

***VICKI, Amost finished in the kitchen? It's so nice of your DMIL to help you out! What kind of flooring do you have in mind! My Parent in-laws just re-did thier kitchen and they went with hardwood flooring and put a large area rug under the table...it looks really nice!

Well, the guys are done and I need to go pay....I'll chat with you all later. Hello to everyone that drops in today! Take care...Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Friends!

Ceiling is primed and ready to be painted tomorrow. Checked out more pluses and minuses to laminate versus linoleum flooring. Whatever the flooring, we'll have it in the dining area and hallway, too.... so, we don't want it too "kitcheny." Progressing! Smile

Debbie -
How nice that you are getting your carpets cleaned. AND, chocolate pie sounds so delicious right now.

Plenty more to do. Take care.

Vicki

Smile
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to Sheryle, Vicki, Debbie and all others who check in today.
*Sheryle, I am so sorry about your sister. Like Debbie said, I think they have medication to help with this now, hope one can help your sister. Or maybe a medication she is on is making her more confused. I hope she will see a Dr. Someone should go with her. I hope you and hubby were able to get good seats for the graduation. I am sorry to have to say that it is not only the students that are not giving graduation the respect it deserves. I was reading in the paper today about the commencement speech last night, the speaker quoted Jeff Foxworthy and his co-horts! Considering that our school is trying to break free of being known as a bunch of farmers and hicks, this will not enhance our image I am afraid. There is a time and place for this kind of thing but I don't feel a graduation ceremony was the place.
*Vicki, I can not believe that there were air horns at the graduation. I hope someone confiscated them. I sure wouldn't have wanted to be seated next to someone blaring one of them. When I redid my kitchen I chose laminate for my floor because they say it is so durable. I picked one that is unusual because it looks like slate and it is textured. It is so so easy to keep clean. They said that is because it is an extremely hard surface so dirt will never get ground into it. I am very happy with mine, I hope you find something that will make you equally as happy. What color are you painting your cabinets?
*Debbie, I hope your carpet turned out beautiful. I love cooking a roast in the slow cooker, hubby insists it dries it out?!? Enjoy your dinner with your family tonight.
*Kenna Lou, how is your Mom doing? Anybody heard?
Hubby and I ran errands this morning, and got some fruits and produce from a local stand. I just got done spraying some water with dish soap in it on my tomato plants to hopefully put an end to the aphids. I saw some kind of little fly looking things eating away at my lettuce so I sprayed them too. I try not to use anything stronger than dish soap in my gardens. We had haddock, creamed new potatoes and spring peas and fresh local strawberries for dessert for lunch before hubby took off for work. I love when you can get fruits and veggies from some place other than the grocery store. We are having absolutely beautiful weather here today, I want to go out and enjoy some more of it. See you all tomorrow.
Patti
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I thought I would give you an update on my mom. I copied and pasted an e-mail I sent to my cousin. I thought this would be easier than typing everything out again. Please continue to pray for her. Thanks so much. Love, Kenna Lou

Hi! I was going to try to e-mail you today, since I don't have your phone number! I'm not sure what all he told you, so I will give you the run down.

As you know, she had a mild stroke at the back of her brain. They said if you have to have one, that is the best kind so I guess that is a good thing. Also, (I don't know if she knows this or not because she hasn't said anything), but they found a problem with her heart. The bottom part of her heart is pumping normally and the top part is not. When that happens, the blood coagulates. They think a small piece of blood flaked off from there and caused the stroke. She also has pneumonia, which is weird because she hasn't been sick and she has a urinary tract infection.

I have talked to her a couple of times and her speech seems a little slower than usual, but she doesn't seem to be struggling for words. I talked to her this morning and she said she feels better than she did yesterday. They got her up this morning and she walked down the hall with the aid of a walker. She said she feels wobbly. I told her she is probably weak. They also told her that she was diabetic! She had gone to the doctor about a month or so ago and he got onto her because she had gained quite a bit of weight since the last time he saw her. He told her she needed to make some changes or she was in danger of becoming a diabetic. Little did she know she probably already was!

Please send up lots and lots of prayers for her. I will probably be going up there when she gets home from the hospital. I think they will need me more then than they do right now.

That's about all I know for now.

Love, Kenna Lou
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou, I will keep her and your whole family in my prayers. Thanks for keeping us updated. We worry about each other you know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: