BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday, June 8....Woohoo!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: Friday, June 8....Woohoo! Reply with quote

Good morning ladies! Well I had a better night last night and finally got a little more sleep than the night before and since I don't see a post from Debbie yet, she must have too. As you all know, this is my favorite day of the week...FRIDAY!!!!

Had nice time last night. I was a little tired from my sleepless night, but still managed to muster up some energy to go shopping. Cindy and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond, Books A Million, Sally's, Target and still had the time and energy to make a quick trip to Jungle Jim's. We love their bakery and love to stand in front of the cases and practically drool over all the goodies. We always buy too much there...we each bought a dessert and then she gets something to take home to her husband too. We promised the girls at the office that we would buy something for breakfast today, so I picked up a coffee cake and some yummy Busken Bakery cookies and Cindy got Apple Cinnamon bread and one other thing that I just can't remember. Then when we were finally able to drag ourselves out of Jungle Jim's, we ate dinner at Jolly's. It's a local drive in that's like the old A&W stands down to the carhops and trays that hang from the car window. I even broke down and instead of having a diet soda, ordered a large mug of real root beer. Oh....that is the best root beer, so much better than anything you can buy in the stores. I even buy A&W root beer, but still doesn't match the root beer stand taste. My best purchase last night was gas.... $2.97!

After work tonight, I have to attend my last HS graduation...my sister Jean's grandson graduates. This one will be a little better than the one I went to Tuesday; the class size is around 230, about half the size of the other. I'm kind of looking forward to this graduation...my brothers, sisters and I and one niece graduated from this HS. My sister Jean was actually from the first graduating class...50 years ago. I may run into some of my old classmates who have children graduating. Then tomorrow, is the party.

Ooops..look at the time, 5:20, I have to stop and get ready for work. I'll try to come back later, maybe at lunch or during a break, and finish my post.

Have a great morning!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com

Last edited by cookiebakr on Fri Jun 08, 2007 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Kity
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning and happy Friday.
Thought I'd pop in before getting the girls ready for their last day of school.They will get out today at 1 o'clock.
Yesterday was fun watching the kindergarten class have their promotion ceremony.There's a little over 100 of them,and they were so cute.There are five classes and each class went one at a time.Each one stood for different awards,The teachers had special awards for each one.Giving awards for such things as brightness smile,best reader,most active,most helpful,best ball player,best jump roper.Different things so each child would have an award.One teacher even joked about one little boy having psychic ability.He told the teacher one day that his mom was going to have a baby and it was going to be a girl.His mom looked at the teacher land shook her head like I don't know what he's saying.The next week she came back into the room and told the teacher that she was pregnant.Now the dr. is saying that she's having a girl.Everyone really got a kick out of that.These children were all well behaved during the ceremony.Surprising that with there being so many and having to sit quietly for alittle while.

Got to get ready now.I'll try to get back later.

Everyone have a nice day.

Hugs,
Pat
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING SHERYLE, PAT and ALL OTHER FRIENDS that stop in today......I've been up since 6:30, watched a little TV, sorted the laundry and have it started, watched some more TV, talked to DD on the phone and have all my morning chores done: like feed the animals, make the bed, take my meds,and take a shower! I thought I'd take a break and stop in and say hello to everyone before I got busy again. After I get off here...I'm going to make a Boston Cream Pie, Clow Slaw and take the Roast we had leftover from last nite and make some Beef Bar B Q ! That's what is on the menu for dinner tonite. So as you can tell I'm feel quit perky today! Today we are supposed to have 60% chance of rain and boy do we need it. the rain we had the other day was not near enough! DH didn't even mow last week, the lawn was almost dead...well until I put the sprinkler on all nite long...now it's greener than anyone's in the neighborhood! DD and the family came over for dinner last nite after a day at a water park...they all evidently worked up an appetite because all of them went back for seconds. Little Blake(15 mom old) ate 4 or 5 helpings of green beans. I told DD I was going to have to fix 3 cans from now on because he loves them so. They took some pictures of the boys at the park and we are going to put them on our Myspaces...so be checking those out..I'll let ya know when they are there.

***SHERYLE, So glad you were able to sleep last nite. It was probably a combination of not sleeping the nite before and all the shopping you did last nite. At least you got some well deserved rest. Woo Hoo..it's Friday for ya and sounds like the day started off right with all the goodies you girls bought at Jungle Jim's to take to work for breakfast. When I worked, there a guy who always every Friday would bring us girls a dozen donuts! I always thought that was so nice of him! Did you buy any new books at the Books A Million store? I really need to get back to ready...I've got lots of books just waiting to be read! I had to chuckle at your excited on your Best Purchase of the nite...Gas at 2.97! Isn't it awful that someting like that excites us, but I tell you gas prices are getting way out of line! Have a good time with your family at the graduation tonite! Hope you run into some of your classmates!

***PAT, Last day of school huh? I'll bet the girls are all excited....I always looked forward to summer time when I was a kid! What a cute story about the boy with the psyhic powers. I'll bet his mom was in shock!. And that is a really good idea for the teachers to hand out everyone a special award for something! I'm sure it makes all the children feel special! So what plans do you and the girls have for summer?

I want to mention that prayers are still being said for your sister Sheryle and for your Mother Kenna Lou. I do pray youi both see some improvement in both your loved ones!

Well, I guess I had better get busy before my engery level drops to zero! Hello to everyone that stops in after me and I hope everyone has a beautiful day! I'll stop back in later today! Sending everyone a Smile and a Hug....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Sheryle, Pat, Debbie and all else who get a chance to stop in today. Must have been the day for getting up and getting right on the chores. I got my house all swept, mopped, two loads of laundry done, bathroom cleaned, lunch cooked and hubby off to work. Now I just have the dusting left to do. Like I said before I like to have everything done before Madison gets here so I can enjoy my time with her. It is in the 90's here today, so I will not be going outside! Good thing I have plenty to keep me busy in here. I got those wrist splints to wear for my carpal tunnel and wore them the last two nights and my hands didn't wake me up once either night. I am so glad they help, they were expensive, well to me anyway.
*Sheryle, so glad to hear that you got a good nights sleep and that your very favorite work day is here. I bet that coffee cake tasted good this morning. Jungle Jim's sounds like my kinda place. I checked it out on the internet before. I would love the apple cinnamon bread. Your dinner sounded like a fun time. I very very seldom drink soda, but I do enjoy a really good root beer now and then. I hope you see some old friends at graduation tonight.
*Pat, that is terrific that they saw that each child won an award. How funny is that, the prediction the little boy made about his mother. Sounds like this was the most civilized of graduations lately.
*Debbie, you just reminded me to pray for Kenna Lou's mom and Sheryle's sister, thank you. Oh my husband would sure like some of your dinner! He always requests Boston Cream Pie for his birthday cake, he would love the rest of your meal too. I have to make our big meal for lunch when he works second shift, today we had marinated grilled chicken breasts, baked potatoes and onions on the grill and lima beans. Make sure you take some time to rest that aching foot of yours before it gets to hurting too bad, you did an awful lot today.
Hope everyone has a great day and will have as nice a weekend as I will with Madison.
Patti
Kelo
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon all! I was moved to tears when I read everyone's posts yesterday. Thanks so much for caring about me and praying for my mom.

I have talked to her everyday 2 or 3 times a day. She is getting better each day and I know that it is because of prayer! She was supposed to be moved to rehab yesterday, but her heart rate was up, so they didn't move her. She takes thyroid medicine and they had not listed that on her chart, so she hadn't been receiving her medication for that. That could be causing the heart rate problem. Once she goes to rehab, she will probably be there for a week. When she gets out, I will be going to stay with her and my dad for probably a couple of weeks to help out. Please continue your prayers for her. It means more to me than I can express.

I love you all very much. Have a great weekend!

Love, Kenna Lou
cookiebakr
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon ladies. Whoo...what a brutal day! I'm so glad this week is over, it was a tough one, but at least the weekend is here! I thought I would take a few minutes to post while waiting for time for my sister to arrive to pick me up for dinner and then graduation. My day was ok, just busy and stressful...it was so bad that I actually talked back to my boss. I don't know what he thought about that because, unlike a lot of the people in my office, I don't do that. I told one of the girls that maybe we should warn him that I'm menopausal and going through PMS...not a good thing! That actually might keep him away for awhile. Laughing

Pat - the graduation ceremony sounds so nice..I bet the children were cute! That's wonderful that they all get some type of award, I know it means a lot to them. Sounds like the little ones were better behaved at their ceremony than the teenagers and adults were at the graduation I attended.

Debbie - sounds like you're feeling pretty good today...just don't over do it. I know when I feel good, I tend to do to much and then I pay for it. Your dinners always sound so good and it doesn't help that I'm usually reading about them in the afternoon when I'm starving. We are in need of rain too. We are supposed to get storms, but even though it got dark and windy this afternoon, we didn't get enough rain to do any good. I've only had my yard mown twice a month for the last two months, that's how bad it is here. I can't wait to see the new pictures! I bought a book about women and money, that I had read from the library and liked it so much that I wanted a copy to refer to. I did pick up a few magazines...Taste of Home has one with muffin and cupcake recipes. I know it's probably recipes that have already been in their magazines, but it's nice to have them all in one place instead of having to go through all of the magazines. I wish they would make and index of all the recipes in all of their magazines, on a cd so you could just look at that and then find the magazine. I have every magazine from day one. I have a book that I started reading about a week ago, but have just not been able to get into it..maybe this weekend. Who would have thought that there would come a time where my life would be ruled by the price of gas, but yes it is true. What's really bad is we think $2.97 is a good price. Rolling Eyes

Patti - you got a lot of work done too. You all make me feel so lazy...by the time I've worked all week, I don't get much done around the house. I hope Madison's back and legs have improved since you saw her last, and that she'll be able to play and enjoy spending time with you and your DH. Laughing

Kenna Lou - I'm so happy to hear that your mother is doing better and will soon be able to go to rehab. I understand about thyroid trouble, I have hypothyroid and it's amazing how it effects your whole system. It's good they discovered that she wasn't getting her meds and have been able to correct that. I'm sure you will be a comfort to both of your parents when you go to stay with them and lend a hand. Continuing my prayers for all of you.

I had better close for the day as my sister should be arriving soon. We are going to eat at an Italian restaurant tonight...yum! I hope you have a great evening!

Sheryle

http://bakespace.com/?cookiebakr
http://cookiebakerscorner.blogspot.com
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenna Lou, I am so glad that you checked in today. Good to hear that your Mom seems to be improving. Prayer really does work. It is so nice of you to go and help your parents out, they are blessed with a wonderful daughter. I certainly feel like you are one of my friends, as I do the rest of you here. We have a great group of ladies here! Try not to worry to much, I am sure your Mom is receiving great care.
*Sheryle, enjoy your Italian dinner. Wow, what a tough day at work. Makes you even happier that the weekend is here huh! Don't you ever feel lazy! You work outside of the home, when I did that, I paid someone to clean my house. It was too hard to keep up with both. Too bad I can't afford that now, just imagine all the fun things I could do if I didn't have laundry, cleaning etc. to do. Nah, I would probably get in too much trouble, ha ha. Is the book you are talking about the Suzi Ormond book? My sister went to a seminar of motivational speakers and she was there, she said she was very interesting and had a lot of good advice.
Gotta get off here it is looking really stormy and dark right now.
Patti
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING FRIENDS.....Well dinner is over with, dishes are done and I've had time to set and rest a little and thought I'd check in with everyone before it got any later. Actually I didn't realize it was 9Surprisedo already. When it stays light longer, I forget about nite time. Dinner was delicious. I haven't fixed Beef Bar B Q for a long while and the Cole Slaw just finished it off nicely! DH was about an hour and a half late getting home from work, so it was a good thing dinner reheated easily. I didn't work anymore on the laudnry today.....I'll let DH be my legs tomorrow, it seems to work out better that way and he doesn't mind helping me. We had a pretty good storm here about 3:30 or 4:00. Bad thing about it , it only lasted about 15 mins., but I guess a little bit of rain is better than none at all.

***PATTI, Sounds like you were on the ball early this morning. Your dinner sounded really good too. I love grilled chicken and I love lima beans! Wrist splints for your carpal tunnel...that must be something new. Glad they are helping you...doesn't your insurance cover the cost of them? When i was suffering with carpal tunnel in both my hands, I was reading this article in one of those hospital news letters...and it mentioned to sleep with your hands open, not fisted. So I tried it and it did help, but it was hard to keep reminding myself to keep them open all nite long. So I ended up having the surgery and I'm so glad I did. Thanks for the concern about my foot. The only way I can do anything at all now is a little bit at a time, then rest for at least 15 mins. or so.

***KENNA LOU, Thanks for taking the time to stop in and let us all know how your Mother is doing. So glad to hear she is making inprovments and will be going to re-hab soon. It's wonderful that you will be able to stay with your mom and dad when she gets released to come home. I'm sure they will appreciate it more than you realize. Do they live far from you? You know we are always here for each other. I just wish we lived close to each other, so we could do little things to help each other out or go out to lunch or something. You take care and don't worry about your mom , she is getting the care she needs and will be good as new soon!

***SHERYLE, Shame on you for back talking your boss...LOL!! I'm sure it surprised him as much as it did you! And I don't think you need to mention to him that it was caused by a PMS attach...he probably already figured that out and will lay low for a while! Are the graduation ceremonies tonite being held inside or out? We are supposed to get more rain tonite is why I was asking. Enjoy your family and your Itilian dinner tonite.

Well, I'm off to check out myspace and maybe go over to TOH/recipe and see what's going over there. You all have a good nite's rest and I'll chat with ya in the morning! Hugs to all.....Debbie

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: