BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Sept. 29th & SUNDAY, Sept. 30th, 2012
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING TO ALL MY BAKESPACE FRIENDS.......I haven't forgot about you, just been busy. I will admit I have been on FB several times only to keep up with Tiffany and Mat's move...which isn't going to well. No details on that as I don't want it getting back to their nearest neighbor the Mother-In-Law! Then of course there's always Jim keeping me busy. His foot is doing some better, but when he does more than light weight or short walking, it hurts pretty bad. I worry so about him going back to work on Oct 15th and doing his regular job and not light duty.

We had the kids all week-end so Tiffany and Mat could move and not have to worry about the kids. We have had a blast! Yesterday they played outside alot of the day. Jim was out clearing off the carport, so he kept an eye on them. I paid bills and folded laundry. Made Fettuccine Alfredo with sauteed Chicken Breast that I had cut up in bite size pieces. Gave Avayah a bath and washed her LONG hair. Gee it's been soooo many years since I've bathed a young one with that long of hair. Anyway she's done and the boys get their showers after Breakfast. I told them that will be one less thing their Mommy has to worry about tonite when they go home. It's a little after 7 and Breakfast was already discussed about 6:30...we have all voted on Bacon and French Toast...one of my Favorites!

I doubt Jim eats Breakfast because he was up puking thru the nite and had it coming from both ends. That was about 3:30 or so. He said he felt pretty sick. But one good thing he hasn't been back up since then, so maybe it was just something he ate....hope it wasn't my cooking...LOL!

**FAN, Your Meatloaf the other day looked Yummy! I too like Meatloaf Sandwiches. Matter of fact we like the Meatloaf better when it's cold than the original meal. That Bakery looked Awesome......I'd have to buy one of everything. I like to bake, BUT Bread has never been my strong point either. How AWESOME that your neighbor is having a Birthday Party for his dog. And lucky you get to walk the special guy. A cool thing to do to invite the passers by to join in on the celebration! Love your pics, of the Autumn skies and the fall colors ! Adopting Pat I see. You all should have fun together Laughing

**ANN, I always Loved taking "Andy Naps" he's snuggle and lay with you purring and nesting making you feel all relaxed and next thing you know a different TV show was on. You know bad teeth and bad eyes can cause Headaches. Glad they didn't find anything serious from those X-Rays. Awww, seeing all those recipes from all the original group must have been fun to look at. Those were the good ole days. I so wish we had the same amount of members posting now as back then. Most everyone is over on FB.

**TANGO, So good to see you posting more often. Cooking up a storm I see. I have started back to doing up a weekly menu so I know what I'm having the next day and can take meat out of the freezer for that meal. So far so good. Of course when the kids are here I need to change it up some and make meals for 5 instead of 2. I so so need to do the De-Cluttering thing! Last week Jim and I did take care of a few things that I've been wanting done...sure felt good to get something accomplished in that direction. Your Mom means well when she brings you her stuff she doesn't want, like books etc. You could either send them back with her OR thank her and take them to the shop for others to read. I need to get myself over to the HOME PAGE and see if I see any changes. Sounds like no one has yet.

**MARTHA, Your Plants are House-Plants again. They probably like it inside though, as it's been awful chilly at nite and even sometimes during the day! Those Cookie Stencils from Family Dollar sound cool. I need to check it out and see if our store has them so I can get some for me and the Grandchildren to play with.

**QUI, So you have one of those magical recliners huh? Jim says anytime my butt seats in the recliner it has this button on my butt that makes me go to sleep. So now I don't set in the recliner, I set on the Love Seat and it does it there too. Hope you enjoyed your day at the Legion....so the Muffins did well huh? Your Homemade Ham and Cheese Hot Pockets sound very Yummy!

**NUBBINS, As hard as you work, you deserve some days when you don't feel energetic! Hope you are not coming down with something though. Are you going to post your recipe for Sweet and Sour Chicken?

**PATTICAKE, Glad you stopped in to say hi to the girls here at BakeSpace. I wish more of the girls would. Glad to her that Jim has been taking such good care of you and yes he sounds like a Keeper. Glad you're feeling better 2!

**SENDING OUT A HELLO TO PATTI, VICKI, CAROLYN (hope you are doing better...get those tests results back?), KAREN (did you stop in here the other day and I missed you, I can't find the post. Miss you and hope things are going well)

Well this Chapter is coming to a close and I have 3 hungry kids wanting breakfast, a dog that needs out and a shivering Hubby that just threw up again! I'll close our bedroom door, so Jim can get some rest and I'll have Cody get Kujo out to tinkle and I'll start some breakfast. I hope the smell of it cooking doesn't make Jim more sick. I just mentioned that to the kids and told them maybe we should eat cereal and toast instead....they are all for that. So I don't know...we'll see! Anyway, wishing everyone a wonderful Autumn day. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, feed the kids before they get to it themseves and leave you with the dishes Laughing Sure hope Jim is going to feel better soon. Does he wear good quality shoes when he walks?
I spent part of the day outside in the sun and met with this young father having borrowed mummy's bike to take his youngster for a bike ride. Smile

The weather was so nice, even the last flowers around still looked wonderful.

I came home way after lunchtime, so I decided to turn lunch into dinner and made creamy spaghetti with mushrooms.

For tonight I'll probably only make a sandwich Very Happy

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI FAN.....Breakfast is over, we ended up having Cereal and toast. And I STILL need to do the dishes. The Boys showers are over and now we are going to bake Cookies. Their bedroom is even picked up. I talked to Tiffany a few minutes ago and she ask if we (Jim and I) would mind if she brought her 2 cats over to stay until they make room for them. It's NOT an ideal situation but things will get better for her.

OK off to bake cookies with the kids! Have a good day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So she'll swap the kids for the cats. How long do you think it will take for them to conquer the recliner? Wink

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Debbie - No need for me to post the recipe...I found it here on the BS home page. It is from BrownEyedBaker. It is still there. Don't feel bad about not seeing it, I do that a lot.

Went on the front porch Sat. to adjust my storm door. I wasn't hanging right. Discovered that the inside door & storm door are one unit. The only thing holding the front door to the house was the screws around the frame of the storm door Shocked Shocked The door frame is rotting at the bottom.

OK now on top of everything else I need to buy & install a new front door. I jury rigged the entire thing -should last until I can get a new door & install it properly. I'm beginning to feel like Mike Holmes. Everywhere I turn I find problems. I swear, if I could physically do it I would build another house on the property & then tear this one down. But I can't, not able to pick up a cinder block anymore to lay the foundation. Always wanted to build a Cracker House.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: