BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Thursday 10/4/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Thursday 10/4/2012 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing day.

There's a tiny bit of sunshine brightening up my day Very Happy , but tomorrow on my day off it'll be raining again. Just one afternoon in the office and my weekend will start.
Qui & Nubbins, enjoy your lunch together.
Babette, I'm curious Wink
Vicki, looks like your hutspot turned out great!
Debbie, instead of using carrots, you could try cooking up brussels sprouts with the potatoes and mash them, serving the beef with it.

Today is Animal Day, got to think of something to surprise Myo with. Fishcake or something Rolling Eyes[/img]

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, dreary drizzly day here. Kind of matches my mood. I guess most of you got the wrong idea, my sister is the only relative that I have that lives locally. She is the one that I often said I was spending the day with. She drove us up to Somerset to visit our uncle, aunt and niece. Her daughter is getting married on Oct. 13. We all have been kind of holding our breath until that is over. Hubby last night says he loves us all and that he thinks we should do something about her now before she hurts herself. I just don't know what to do, I would not want her to miss her only child's wedding. I guess I could truly write a book about this, but I wont.
Hubby is stopping off to pick up groceries and prescriptions after work. I hate that he has to do these things and work. I need to shop for some dressy slacks to wear to my nieces wedding and a gift for the wedding. I think I am going with my son, since he says he needs to get a gift also. That will be one less thing for hubby to help me with.
I wanted to make General Tso's chicken for dinner tonight, but I don't have any snow peas or carrots that I wanted to put in it. So I guess it is barbecued chicken instead.
**Patti, I noticed that Carolyn is posting on FB, I think I will ask her to stop by here and let us know how she is doing. I sure hope your antibiotic does its job and you will start feeling better. That is a heck of a long time to be feeling sick.
You are so sweet to be taking care of the kitties. Wish everyone could be more like you and Ann, well I guess most of us on here.
**Fan, one of the things I love about your pictures is finding similarities and differences between the Netherlands and the U.S. The head coverings in the one pictures of the ladies on the float, remind me of the head coverings some Amish and Mennonites wear. Even among the Amish here there are different head coverings they wear. I am glad the skies cleared up for you to enjoy the parade.
I always try to identify the flowers in your pictures, the one for today looks like a cosmos, could that be right?
I loved the idea of brussel sprouts mixed in the potato mixture for the hut spot.
**Pat, that is fantastic that you and Nubbins can get together now and then. What a fun time you two will have such fun.
**Nubbins, glad that you were able to check in. I hate not being able to get on-line. It seemed like forever until I could get back on-line this time around when I was away. Now you two don't get into too much trouble when you meet up, aw heck, do what ever you can get away with. Tee hee.

I need to go jump in the shower and get my day started, finally. (Slept in a little today.)

Wishing everyone a great day.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Pattit- we just got back home from taking the 2 males in to be fixed. Had to drop them off at 8:30 this morning, then we went to the next town over so we could go to WM did some price matching and used coupons, Publix and Kroger had some pretty good BOGO free sales and ended up spending $142. and saved over $60.00 after the matchups. They were out of a lot of the BOBGO items though, cause people get in there on wednesday morning as soon as the sales change and clear them out. I could only find 1 item of some of the stuff, then I would have to pay full price for it instead getting one free. GRR!!!! They said they should have another shipment in tomorrow night.
I am feeling better today, I think the worst is over. I am starting to take vitamins daily now I should have been taking them for awhile now. Next week I have to go in and have a mammogram. Since Jim got his VA 100% approved I also get health insurance now. 75% paid for plus a lot of preventive tests are free.So my dr went ahead and set me up for them, then a colonscopy soon. Don't look forward to that one.
Qui- let me know what day you would like to meet with me and I can be there. I am not sure what our plans for Thanksgiving are yet. glad you and nubbins can visit.
Fan- always love your pictures.
Hello to Ann, Debbie, and everyone else that comes in today

Here is our little white kitten.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:37 am    Post subject: hi everyone Reply with quote

Hi sorry to keep you all waiting but been very busy with everything from dr. to grand kids and finishing up my canning all done with the canning this year. have a few stray tomatos left but thats it . all the carrots are picked and stored for the winter as well as the butternut squash. a little upset with the apple crop up here they all froze when they were in blossom so did not get to make much sauce or pie. they are very expensive to buy this year.
As far as my test results was not very happy with the dr that did the tests did not give very good information . all he said was we removed 3 polops and sent them out for biopsy. then when i got home my other dr called and told me to take 3 fiber capsels a day along with colace and miralax but did not do the trick eather. went 2 weeks with no bowl movements . so i took a amatisa that is a percription that i will be taking the rest of my life because i have not squeezing action in my colan or no earge you wanted to know thats what it is. but no cancer yet he said every 3 years for colon tests from know on.
Been going ring around with are grandaughter because she is very disrepectull to us she sassy and tells us to f off. and everything at age 13 what the hell she even does not listen to her mom at times. and she thiks we all hate her but we dont she says she hates her grandpa because he trys to tell her what to do. going to be a longwinter i think.
the leaves are turned coler and are falling like crazy going to be windy tom so most of them will blow away. then it looks like winter . well need to go get my grandson off the bus have a great day sorry about the wait.in posting

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Has been a busy week! Shocked Have had new training for the new computer system at work, learning how to order from the tech that is leaving and just general busy!

Monday evening a bunch of the people that I work with all met at a Mexican restaurant...good food and good conversation! Was so much fun!! Very Happy Can't wait til we can do it again!

Fan - nice flower. Same here, not many flowers to take pictures of now...getting to be that time of year. Sad

Grammadot - awwwwwwwww...what a cute kitten!!! Give him/her a pet for me, Willow & Leo. Wink

PattiT - Mmm, General Tso's chicken, that sounds really good. When I make Chinese at home, it's just not the same as what I can get at the restaurant.

What a gorgeous day today! Wonder if this is our Indian summer??? Yesterday was nice too.

Ran up to Buffalo, NY with Jim, his boss called and gave him a project to do. Was a nice ride...we watched a beautiful sunset -- red's and orange's.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot, that's such a sweety. Do you still have your curtains in place? Myo has torn one down today. Can you imagine at her age, she's 13. Shocked
Ann-Marie, you must be so glad to have finished the training. I have to go up for one again in a few weeks and my boss is also hinting at me going back to university for a second master's degree. I have my doubts about that, cause it will take another three years.
Carolyn, sounds like you are still in trouble. Sorry to hear your granddaughter is acting up so terribly. Is it the girl that lost her father recently?
PattiT, there was a time in history when almost 80% of the population in the northern parts of the Netherlands were Mennonites. The founder of the Mennonites was a Frisian priest, called Minne Symens. He lived around 1540. My ancestors were Mennonites until about 1850. Then my great great grandfather turned to Baptism and my grandfather first changed from Baptism to the Dutch Reformed Church and after that into DIY christian Smile . Never stopped believing, but ran away from church culture and community. The caps that the women are wearing in the picture were commonly used until the end of the 19th century.
The flower is cosmos indeed. You absolutely didn't use up your three guesses. Laughing
I have my laundry going thanks to the Electrical Company. They changed the reader some time ago and forgot to tell me that using electricity after 21.00 comes in cheaper. Twisted Evil Now I found out and decided to get the most out of it in order to cut my bills.

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[img][/img]

Hello Girls.....I know, I know...it's NOT CHRISTMAS yet, no pictures of trees please! But I couldn't resist this one, it's so beautiful, don't you think?

It's mid-nite and I'm just now getting on the computer....I have been feeling a little under the weather today. Slept Most of it away and as hard as I tried, I could NOT keep my eyes open. Jim says he's worried about me. I'm worried about me too. I get a good nites rest, why do I fell so sleepy during the day and well into the evening? I'm thinking it could be some of my new meds.

Went to the grocery store for just a few things, some of which they didn't have, so a stop in Sams was made. I should have stayed in the car, but oh well got Jim's Dad a Birthday gift there (his B'Day is next week).

Came home and after Jim unloaded the groceries, I told him to go set down, because the longer he walked around the store the worse he'd limp on that bad foot. He wanted really bad to help me, but I could tell he was in a lot of pain! Got things put away and just made us a cheeseburger and chips for dinner, that's about all the energy I could mustard up. Slept off and on through the evening...nothing good on the TV.

**FAN, Your HOTSPOT shown here looks amazing. I could definitely eat that. Brussel Sprouts are out also. Jim has very limited likes when it comes to Veggies! Hey hope Myo had a nice "Animal Day". Did he like his Fishcake? Hope the weather holds out and it's nice Friday for your day off.

**PATTI, So sorry to hear about the stress you are enduring with your Sister. "Do something about her Before she hurts herself"....what does that mean? Is she real ill, mental unstable ? I know you Both have been there for each other over these past years I've known you. At least you still have her in your Life! I'm down to 2 Sisters now....It's a sad situation how a difference of opinion can make a loved one write you off and turn their back on you because you don't agree with them. Anyway, I will be praying that things with your Sister come out for what's Best for her and everyone involved. Hope she can make it to her Daughter's Wedding, But if she can't she can't. Now you know your Hubby does Not mind a bit to help you out in anything you need. But having your Son to go with would be kinda cool. Interesting to see what HE picks out for the gift!By the way Bar-B-Q Chicken sounds really good.

**PATTICAKE, Just loving that beautiful white kittie, with the grey feet and blue eyes. Of course her eyes will more than likely change color as she gets older. Are you keeping the kittens? You must be to be spending the money to have them fixed. Thank you for doing that....so many people don't and then we end up with unwanted babies! Glad you are feeling better. Taking Vitamins is a good thing and so is a Flu shot...did you get one yet? Jim and I still need to get ours. Got a cal from my Doctors nurse, saying my Mammogram was good, so I breathed a sigh of relief! Hey you and Carolyn can compare notes on the Colonscopy....LOL!

**ANN, I always hated it when the company would implement a new Computer program. Seemed like nothing ever did work right...took weeks for the Techs to work all the bugs out. I love big dinner meets with friends. Several years ago ...well before my foot surgery, so I guess it would be about 5 yrs. ago, we use to go out to dinner every Saturday nite with a supper club consisting of about 12 couples. We had a blast. We have dinner, then go to someones home for Dessert. It was fun until going out to eat was almost an everyday thing, plus some of the people in the group would talk bad about some others in the group and Jim and I don't care for that, so we just stopped going. I guess evidential everyone stopped going. Glad you and Jim had a nice drive going to Buffalo. I love these Autumn Sunsets...we seen a gorgeous one last nite too.

**CAROLYN, I hate to hear that you are still having trouble with your Bowels I hope this Medicine gives you some relief. I too had a Polop removed and it was not Cancer. I bet you are glad that all your canning is finished. Think how good that will taste this winter. I heard some stories about Apple Crops not doing well this year and how expensive thy were going top be. Carolyn, as far as your Grandchildren go, you have been having trouble with them for years. They aren't about to change their spots now. Their Mother needs to teach them "RESPECT" of others. Children learn what they see and I would tell the 13 yr. old and her Mother that she'll be getting an ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT real quick like if she tells me off again, especially using the "F" word! Nip it in the bud, you do NOT deserve such DISRESPECT as this. Sounds like it's going to be raking time for you all soon.. Put those kids to work...let them earn that food you feed them and that warm bed they sleep in! Good luck!

OK, I have stayed here well into the next day and it's officially Friday! Almost 1:30 and I'm going to bed. Lots to do when I get up, hope I feel more energetic than today! Have a good day when you all get up. I hope to check in later. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: