BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRIDAY, October, 5th, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:26 am    Post subject: FRIDAY, October, 5th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

What a beautiful day yesterday. Was blue sky most of the day and then in the late afternoon it clouded up. But at least the temp stayed up into the 70's.

Wanted to bake cookies but decided not to since it was so warm out. I did get the house cleaned up and a lot of things washed.

Headed into work shortly, don't know how many critters we'll have, might be sent home early if not enough. Sad

Debbie - I have been having trouble sleeping too...often wonder if I'm not in the first stage of menopause??? Will have to ask the OB when I see her.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
Ann

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Had a great lunch with Pat yesterday, it was one of those 2 1/2 hour lunches.
We talked a lot & laughed a lot. Had fun.

Got up at 7:30 this morning to go to the doctor.....at 8:15 the phone rang & I was told my dr. would not be in today. That's OK , I'm not supposed to know it but she has cancer. Rescheduled for next Tuesday.

Gonna go

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nice sunny day here today. I spent the morning trying to make sense of all the paperwork from Medicare, my secondary insurance and the bills for a diagnostic mammogram. Paperwork is lost some where but no one will admit to it being in their system.
Back is hurting today, I broke a vase filled with sea glass yesterday and I had to clean it up. I know hubby would have said leave it for him, but I was afraid of getting hurt on the glass shards.

**Carolyn, thank you for checking in with BakeSpace. Glad to hear that the Dr.s appt. and tests did not turn out as bad as they could have. That Mirilax is expensive, Madison takes that a good bit.
I bet you are so glad to be done with the canning. Do you have a basement where you keep your canned goods, or a big pantry?
That is just not right, for your granddaughter to be talking to you like that. Good luck with getting her under control.
**Ann, I feel for you, trying to learn the new computer system, hope it turns out to be worth it in the end. Sounds like fun, getting together with co-workers for some good Mexican food.
This weather is just crazy isn't it, it is 83 right now, and will be in the low 40s tonight, that is the way it has been lately. I actually turned on the air for a little while yesterday to get some of the humidity out of the house.
(psst psst, come closer, my secret to General Tso's chicken is......a bottle of sauce from Trader Joe's) I really wish we had one close to us. I have to get my sons to bring me some when they are in Pittsburgh or from the one who lives in Philly.
Hope your day turned out well.
**Fan, thanks for the background on the Mennonites. We also have time of day savings with the electric companies. It is great for people who are not home during the day, not so good for those of us who are home all day.
**Debbie. I hope you are feeling better today. It is tough when you can't get enough sleep. Rest when you can, and maybe put a call into your Dr. Poor Jim, seems like his foot should be doing better by now. Will the Dr. recheck him before he releases him for work?
I will have to check some of my nieces places that she has registered with for some ideas. I have a feeling that my son will be counting on me for gift suggestions also.
Hubby brought home things to make sandwiches with yesterday, so mango barbecued chicken will be on the menu for tonight.
**Nubbins, on the trip I took with my sister I got to see the family farm that I lived on for years. They had torn off the wrap around porch which was sad and the barn was gone, but it was still nice to see it. I found out that my uncle and some of my nephews and a niece still own part of it. My sister was very upset that we were not given a share of it since a third of it should have been ours, but I told her I gave up worrying about that stuff years ago, what good does it do except make you bitter.
Hmmmm only a 2 1/2 hour lunch, I thought it would last even longer than that.
Hope the visit to the Dr. was just routine. Sad that your Dr. has cancer.

Gotta go check out the wedding registries for the wedding. Wish me luck.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

My morning rained away, nevertheless we still had coffee in front of the pet shop. The sky was almost black this morning, but after lunch the sun made a small break through and presented some awesome compositions.

PattiT, I hope your back pains will disappear quickly.
Nubbins, glad you and Qui had so much fun. Wink . Wished I could have sneaked in to take some pics of that.
Ann-Marie, I wasn't planning on baking, but in the end a caramelized onion with mushrooms pie landed in the oven, cause I needed to make some space in my fridge. Tomorrow I'm gonna import some goodies from my homeland like dry cured bacon and sausages.

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD EVENING GIRLS....Well my day is starting to slow down. I've been busy since 9 o'clock this morning. Started off by frying Jim and I some Cornmeal Mush for breakfast. We both love the stuff but it takes what seems like forever to fry to a golden brown and the Grease mess on your stove is yucky and I even use a splatter screen. Anyway while that was frying, I started to chop my celery and onions for my Potato soup and then I cubed my Ham for Ham salad. Took a break from that to eat the mush, cleaned up the kitchen then back to getting dinner started. Jim offered to help, so I let him put the ham cubes in the processor and he finished off the ham salad and I peel potatoes and got the soup on to cook. Cleaned up that mess and sat down for a bit, looked at the clock and it was 1 o'clock already! Sat and watch a little TV with Jim. Tiffany and the kids were coming over for dinner after she picked up the kids, so while I waited for them, I told Jim I had enough time to take a 30 minute nap. So now dinner is over, dishes are done and Tiffany and the kids have headed home. I told Jim I was coming back here and get on-line and he could come back here if he wanted to....so he just now walked in with his Laptop.

**FAN, The rain clouds sure went away and left you with some Beautiful Puffy White Clouds. Sometimes when I see clouds like that I like to just set and watch them....they are kinda mesmerizing.

**PATTI, Good luck with all that Insurance crap. Why do they make it so darn hard to understand OR for them to Bill it right? I have a hard time picking some things up off the floor, No wonder your back feels like it went out, bending over picking all that broken glass up. As far as calling my doctor, if this keeps going on I will, but I have an appt. with him in DEC. Now as far as Jim's foot goes...he has a doctors appt next Wednesday and I'm sure the doctor will take another X-Ray before signing him off to go back to work. It's STILL NOT HEALED yet and I told him if he was going back to work he needed to get an ankle brace. How the Wedding shopping go? What did you and your Son pick out?

**NUBBINS, How nice that you and Oui were able to meet up for lunch!

**ANN, So your area went from sunny skies to cloudy with rain? We had very dark skies late afternoon and everyone was in a hurry to get their shopping finished up, but then it NEVER did rain! I'm cookied out. Last week-end the 3 kids and I baked cookies all morning. I sent more than 1/2 of them home with them and believe it or not they are all gone at both houses! Do you think you'll get sent home early? I'm finished with my Menopause, but YES that is one of the side affects to menopause is not being able to sleep. I was pretty lucky as all I had was the sleep problem, Nite sweats (That was the worse part) hot flashes and that's about it. I had no Mood swings or nothing! Try Goggling it , lots of good info out there on the subject.

Well I guess I should get off here, it's 8 o'clock, maybe something is on TV by now. Have a good nites rest. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: