BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, MONDAY - October 8, 2012 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:29 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, MONDAY - October 8, 2012 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I'm sorry to tell you: We broke down and turned on the furnace... didn't make it until November 1. BUT, when the outside temperatures dropped below freezing, I was so thankful for the heat. The humidifier is running, too. Autumn colors are almost to their peak... hoping to take pictures this afternoon. Smile

Let Indian Summer officially begin in southwest Michigan! (It's definitely started where Carolyn lives.)

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:27 am; edited 1 time in total
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicki and everybody else, have a brilliant start of the week Very Happy

Vicki, I broke down too. Called the old man this morning for cleaning my furnace and starting it. So from next Monday on I'll have a comfy warm house again. I bet Myo will be very happy, she's getting very cosy the last two weeks, as if she needs me to keep her warm Laughing . Luckily I have the office to escape to. Wink

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning Vicki & everyone,

Vicki - I wondered because they said we were to get a cold spell, into the 30's & 40's. My furnace has been off & on for the past 2 or 3 weeks. I was chilled when I came home from work last night, Jim actually turned it up...he must have been cold too, he was covered up on the couch. He laughed, told me I shouldn't be cold, I had two cats laying on me! Laughing

Had Leo come up this morning, head butted my nose and chin trying to get me up. He takes his head and pushes the covers off of me too! Silly boy! Willow came up and she peeks over the top of the bed to see what we were doing. Surprised Silly kitties!

Suppose to go into Erie for a "going a way" party for two of the girls leaving on my unit. Hopefully we can get there later.

Seems we were are to have two nice days then back to rain on Wednesday. Hoping it doesn't do what it did a few years ago, we had a really rainy Fall then a really snowy winter. Confused It snowed right up til the last part of April.

Better get around here, have things to get done.

Later,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - I was planning on getting the furnace and ducts cleaned before we started it, too. An appointment will be made soon. Does Myo snuggle under blankets when she's cold?

Ann - When the humidity goes down, I get chilled quicker. Leo definitely has his way of letting you know what he wants!

AND, my mistake.... how could I ever start the post misspelling MONDAY! Many things on my agenda today.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING VICKI, FAN, ANN and OTHER FRIENDS stopping by........

WOW, Where did the week-end go? It went by so fast I don't even remember what I did....OH yes, I slept most of it away! Although I have this problem of sleeping ALOT, this week-end was so Chilly, that I put on my sweater, put the throw over my legs, Kujo snuggled up close to me and we slept all nice and warm.

Oh yea, I remember one thing that we did over the week-end.....we bought Kujo a Crate and Blanket to go in it. He's getting so old and his legs don't move very well because of arthritis, plus it's warmer in the house than where he was sleeping and He Loves being with us! At first he didn't take well to the crate (flashbacks of when he was younger), he wanted to sleep on the bed with us and finally after a stare down between him and Jim he gave up and slept in the crate all nite long. We don't shut the door, so he can walk out whenever.

Last nite Jim brought his laptop over and said you gotta see this.....The topic was "Do BIG CATS (Tigers and etc) re-act to Cat nip like the domestic cat does? The Video was so funny. I told Jim to try and get me the link to it, so I can share it with you all.

Today is still chilly. I just can't get use to these low temps so early in the season. I came so close to turning on my furnace yesterday. Tiffany and I are doing lunch today. Her MIL might come too. I thought I might ask Tiffany if she cares if we invite Jim's Mom and Sister to join us! Not sure yet where we'll go, hopefully Cheddar's, I hungry for one of their Chicken Pot Pies.

**VICKI, I have a feeling that I'll be turning the furnace on too. No sense in being cold. Speaking of the Fall colors, Jim and I were going to take a couple days the week of Oct. 22nd and go see some Fall Foliage BUT I doubt his work will honor his vacation as He will only had been back to work for one week IF he goes back on the 15th! Anyway, Bring on the Indian Summer! Your HOTSPOT looked very good. You ask about Cornmeal Mush...well I just bought mine in the refrigerated section of the store. Slice it and fry it in oil and drain on Paper towel, put Butter and syrup on it...YUM! My Mom use to make hers and put it in a 13 x9 pan, chill and cut in squares and fry in oil. I don't have a recipe, but it may be on the back of the cornmeal box.

**FAN, Top of the morning to you too! I'm gonna have to do it too! I'm seating here right now with goose bumps on my arms. I'd go crawl in bed with Jim, but Kujo has made himself very comfortable laying beside his Daddy. Kinda like Myo wanting to cuddle more because she was cold. The pictures of the churcj and all were very interesting and pretty too. Glad you got your meat

**ANN, Enjoy your 3 days off. I love the way our animals love to cuddle up with you especially when they are cold! Are you planning any big adventure or resting up from those 12-hr days. About going through Menopause...How old are you? If you are in your say 40's, you can be having what is called Peri-menopause. Oprah had a whole show on that topic. Google it and see what it says and check out the symptoms and then talk to your Ob/Gyn about it.

**TANGO, You had a very busy week-end. I wish I was able to clean my house like that. I bet you felt very accomplished. I Love animals, especially dogs and cats,but it wouldn't take long to not like a dog that barked constantly. The neighbors behind us, has a BIG Dog Run with about 4 or 5 dogs in it and they bark off and on all day.

**CAROLYN, Apples are expensive and not as plentiful either. I want to get us some Honey crisp apples today while I'm out. Did you say Charlie was getting firewood stacked up? It's a good thing, you all might use a lot of it this year.

**AXEL, Your Prep work and Baking sure was necessary to cook for all those men in the Church Men's group. How many men helped you in the kitchen?

**MARTHA, Your Mom is 95! I so wish my Mom would have lived a while longer. She passed away when she was 73! Your Mom so appreciates you being there for her and someday when she's gone, you'll be glad you were there.

**PATTICAKE, Your Halloween decorations are still getting put out. So far they look pretty scarey. I miss the days of decorating.

Well I have already written another chapter. Sometimes I should put a warning in front of my posts. Anyway, Tiffany just called and she's on her way, so I need to go unlock the front door and get those 2 sleepy head boys up! Wishing everyone a Warmer Beautiful day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Babette
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! It's still in the 70-80s in LA... so no heater for us. Still sleeping with a fan. Smile But at least we're not melting. Smile

Have a great week!!!!

Our next chat is this thursday - join us at http://BakeSpace.com/news

We're talking healthy recipes throughout the holidays --

My BakeSpace Kitchen: http://bakespace.com/?babs
Facebook: http://facebook.com/bakespace
Pinterest: http://pinterest.com/bakespace
Twitter: http://twitter.com/bakespace
Instagram: http://instagram.com/bakespace
Download our free app: http://bit.ly/cookbookcafe
Make your own cookbook: http://bakespace.com/cookbooks
Attend our food blogger conference: http://techmunchconf.com
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, Myo tries to dive under the plaid and blankets, but sofar only to learn it's too warm for both of us and since I don't give up the plaid she has to settle on top of it or me Laughing
Ann-Marie, one Myo is not enough to cover me up, so I take the plaid Wink. Enjoy your day off.
Debbie, how old is Kujo by now? The warmth of the house may give him quite a bit of relief from pains caused by arthritis. But stay strict in your rules in the house. The crate is his and the bed belongs to you. The more consistent you are the easier it'll be for him to get adjusted to it. Have fun at lunch with Tiffany and the others Very Happy .

Just finished dinner, noodles, veggies, chicken and cashews. Yummy.

Now it's time for my newspaper and catch up on the world.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: