BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - October 13 & 14, 2012 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, WEEKEND - October 13 & 14, 2012 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Yesterday was a lovely day. I wanted to get all my errands finished, and squeeze in a walk. The afternoon was in the 50's, but the sun so bright that I didn't need a jacket. All has changed this morning... rain and more rain through tomorrow. News stations are already warning of possible flooding. Yikes!

Today, I plan on baking cookies and putting most of them in the freezer. When my daughter goes into the hospital, she'll have a few treats to share with visitors.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4

Last edited by dutchmom4 on Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:57 am; edited 1 time in total
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - Has your rain come and gone?

Ann - Very interesting to read about your "helper kitty." Smile Was your kitchen spigot repairable?

Axel - Thunder! How often do you hear thunder in southern Cal? And, temperatures in the 50's are definitely chilly with your normally warm temperatures.

((PattiT)) - I hope you're feeling better, and the wedding is lovely and enjoyable.

Pat (Qui) - Oh, my!! I hope repairs/replacements will come swiftly.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki - not yet. The screw is in such an odd place, actually have to turn on the water to see it! Shocked Confused

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ann

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Didn't know that so much blew out at Qui's house, she must have called me before she found the rest of the problems. I know she was upset when we spoke. Will give her a call later to see how she is doing.

Step-daughter called me this morning really upset....usually gets her pay check in the mail on Thurs. Here it is Sat. & still no check. She has tried calling the doctor she sub-contracts to but the Dr. isn't answering her phone.
The total invoice she submitted was for work she had done & 28 days of sick leave she hasn't used. $6,000.00 Shocked Shocked I hope her mail man is running late today & her check ends up in her mailbox.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

It's been a very rainy day today. I had to dry the laundry indoors and spent most of the day puttering around in the house. It's also getting cold and damp in the house now. Myo takes to the blanket on the couch for long cat naps more and more. She even allows me to tuck her in. Laughing
Nubbins, sorry to hear the thunderstorm caused that much damage at Qui's place. Tell her I'l be thinking of her. Keeping my fingers crossed for your stepdaughter too.
Vicki, I soo wished some dry weather this weekend too, but it won't happen. And it's the same on your side. Try to keep your feet dry Wink
Ann-Marie, have a fun day at work.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We are in for a heat wave today --> 74º!! Right now it's about 65º but they are saying showers all day long. Glad it's warm out instead of cold and damp.

Jim told me that Toes hurt his back leg, that he was limping. He was on the deck this morning. Jim went out with him, I sat at the deck door to watch. Poor thing, he got up and his back leg shivered. He must have a really bad muscle strain. The only thing I can thing I can think of is that he jumped up to catch something and he pulled his leg muscles. Sad

Had the door open a little bit so that Leo could play with the leaves on the deck, Toes came over and they started batting at each other. Wilow was sitting in my lap, she got down and went over to Toes' paw...she hissed at him! It was no sissy hiss either, it was big and loud! Shocked Silly kitty.

Hope everyone has a great day today. We are going grocery shopping.

Later,
Ann

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS......I think it's Sunday, I'm NOT sure. Seems like one day runs into another since Jim has been off. I can't remember if I gave you all the update on his foot yet since his doctors appt. The doctor wants him off for at least another 4 weeks as the foot is still NOT healed and added walking and pressure on it will cause more swelling, pain and then cause damage to the healing process. Jim told the doctor he HAD to be back to work by Oct. 23rd or they can not guarantee holding his job. So the doctor wrote him a go back to work on the 23rd and told him try to do as little walking on it as possible. Jim called Human Resources at work and the woman said that she will talk to a few people and see if they can't get his leave extended. What a mess!

I haven't been feeling the greatest either. We watched Avayah for Tiffany and Mat Friday nite and all of yesterday. She's a really good little girl and is never a problem to have here. In fact none of the kids are. I love having them. The only thing is I need to worry about fixing their meals. Yesterday Avayah said she wanted Cereal and toast, But NOT BURNT toast! Burn it once and she will not let you forget it! She wanted to make cookies, so Jim bought a roll of Peanut Butter cookies and we put it in a bowl (She likes to use the melon scooper) and I added a few mini Choc. Chips...they turned out very good. I was going to send some home with her, but Mat is highly allergic to Nuts, so I decided better not! After we finished that Jim said you are fighting it aren't you? Meaning sleep and I said yes and I have been for hours. He said take a nap and I'll watch Sis, no Her Grandma will be here in 30 mins, so I'll try to stay awake. So I peeled a few potatoes, rinsed off some baby carrots and quarter an onion, put it all in some cold water and set it aside. Sis left, I took an hour nap and then got up and put on a Pot Roast.....it turned out very tender and delicious! I had never actually made a Pot roast before. After I got dinner dishes doe I slept off and on all evening long til 10!

Yesterday looked like a Beautiful Fall day. Jim went for a short motorcycle ride. Boy guy, won't leave me. especially when I don't feel good. Tiffany is at Fall Camp with the Boys this week-end...Mat is putting up Insulation and Drywall. So I'm really Happy the weather was warmer, well except for nites and I guess they got a little bit chilly!

Well I'm gonna go get a shower, it usually wakes my body up and I feel more alive ...at least for a few hours. Personals next time! Have a great sunny day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Sunday morning.
We had my grandson Tommy's 6th birthday party yesterday. It turned out pretty good. It was at a farm where they had hayrides, mazes made from hay bales, alot of little games for the kids and all sorts of fun stuff for them to do.
Here is the album of pictures I took.
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151113423778207.444696.520743206&type=1&l=c064420f24
He wanted a green eggs and ham cake so Jeanna did the ham and eggs for it. It was really cute. I made some green deviled eggs too. He thought that was really cool.
Then we went grocery shopping at Publix with Krys, Did a good job I think. We did coupons and BOGO. We spent $270.00 after taxes, and saved $206.00. We bought some of them for Krys and her family cause they are in a bind this week, so we really didn't save that much for us. But they have bought us groceries when we needed it. So it all works out the same.

It is raining here today. We had originally planned the party for today, but the forecast looked bad so we changed it. I am glad cause it was really nice out.
Well I may come back later today. I hope you all have a good day today. Get some rest.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a good day Very Happy

My day basically has rained away. Each time I was thinking about going out it immediately started raining. So I kept my self busy with Myo, the blanket and the couch. And since it was chilly in the house too I decided to make a small onion bacon pie in order to heat up the house and to comfort the inside me.

Tomorrow the furnace man will come and guess what? From Tuesday on the temps will go up again Evil or Very Mad
Debbie, sorry to hear Jim's foot still hasn't healed properly. I'll keep my fingers crossed for him.
Ann-Marie, sure hope Toes' leg heals up quickly. Have fun shopping.
Grammadot, great pictures Very Happy I bet everybody had a great time. Smart move too changing the day.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: