BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TGIF 10/19/2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:04 pm    Post subject: TGIF 10/19/2012 Reply with quote

Good day everybody, make it a smashing start of the weekend Very Happy

I'm closing off the Friday evening already. We had a real summer day today with a temp of 22C. Yo I love it, wearing shorts and tee Laughing in October. Gotta lot of laundry in mind for tomorrow. And I have to put my plants from the yard back into the living.
Vicki, you are probably still over the moon with little Asher. Enjoy it Very Happy
Ann-Marie, have fun at work.
Everybody else, have a brilliant day.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmm where is all the people on this side of the pond?? I am feeling a little better today, my SIL said to let her know this evening if I was up to going our for breakfast tomorrow. So far so good today.
Hubby and sons are going to a high school football game this evening. We had such heavy rains last night that I hope the sun will come out soon and dry it up a little. It was actually thunderstorms so it kept me up til early morning.
I talked to my son from Philly a little while ago. He was telling me about celebrating with his friend Najada who became an American citizen yesterday. I think it was wonderful that her friends and her boss were there to go through all the steps with her yesterday. They all went out for a late lunch celebration at Waterworks restaurant where they all went out of their way to make it special for her also. They had little American flags around their tabletop and at one point Najada was waving hers around. They said a server came rushing over wondering what they could get for her. She explained she was just waving her flag out of excitement. It was sad that her family all had to work and couldn't make it to see her "sworn?" in.
**Fan, I hope your weekend is off to a terrific start. I think I am going to take the chicken breasts that hubby grilled yesterday and make a rice salad. I had marinated it in a homemade Greek style marinade so I will just make a similar dressing and mix it all together. I might even mix in some green beans to round it all out. I am sure you have already eaten.

Guess I better go get the rice started. I boil it like pasta now, since I had read about the arsenic in most rices. Bummer, just when I started liking brown rices and they say they are the worst. Seems like everything is bad for you now a days.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pattit, glad to hear you are feeling a little better today, Hopefully you will feel good enough to meet up with your SIL tomorrow. Congrats on the new American citizen too. It reminded me of a chinese friend of mine, who wasn't able to return to China after 1989. When he finally was granted Dutch citizenship, we bought him a huge Dutch flag and gave only a small celebration, cause it was a happy event and yet a sad one too. But the sad feeling was drowned quickly in wine when we saw the picture in his brand new passport. The big happy grin literally fell out of the passport Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: