BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, TUESDAY - October 23, 2012 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:34 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, TUESDAY - October 23, 2012 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

One of my plans for this week was to have my 3-year old granddaughter here Wednesday and Thursday. That plan may have to wait until next week... I don't want to get her sick due to my cough.

I saw the flashes of lightning and heard the drum rolls (thunder) last night... a lovely autumn storm! Rainfall amounts are now above normal for September and October... a blessing after the crazy weather during most of this year. The lawn has "brilliant carpeting." Gentle raking and bagging will start when the sun comes out.

Ann
- Time outside is certainly an energizer. Are you still getting that Scorecard survey?

Fan - Guess what! We had metworst last night... added a small amount to the roasted vegetable soup I made for dinner. I'm trying to think of a few "non-traditional" ways of using it, too.

Pat (Nubbins)
- My living room needs a new arrangement, too.

Patti - What a fun time with Madison and her friend! You're right, grandchildren bring a lot of smiles. I would text my daughter when I heard a question/comment that would make her chuckle.

Debbie - Is your leg feeling better? I hope you and Jim will have another autumn drive... and, you take your cameras. Smile

Greetings to others who may stop in!

Have a great day!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, Vicki and everyone else that stops in today.
We have been busy with drs appts and the kids. We had Tommy's birthday party last weekend, then I had to go in last wednesday for my colonoscopy so that meant that tuesday had to stay close to the bathroom all day. That went ok, He said that I have a little bit of diverticulitis but no polyps this time. I had a few last time. I should have went straight home after I got through with this, but I was starving so went to a restaurant. Big mistake!! I ate a plate of food, and had to run to the bathroom, did my business, came back out and to run back again. I had to call Jim[luckily he had the other cell phone with him] to go to the truck and get me some clean jeans. Thank goodness I had some in there. I was so embarrassed.
I had my mammogram a few weeks ago, and got a letter from the drs office yesterday that said there was a need for further evaluation
so they have to compare this one with my last one and then let me know what is going on with it. Hopefully it is just a shadow or something. Confused
Today I am going to work in the kitchen and make some Halloween candies. This weekend Jeanna's motorcycle club is having a rally to raise money for the food banks for Christmas, so are going to have a booth and serve breakfast and lunch. I am also going to try to sell some candies at it. I hope it doesn't get to cold. It is supposed to drop down and a 30% chance of rain.
My niece is gone to the hospital today to have her 3rd little girl.This is the one that lost her first one at 15 days old. Now she will have 3 and they are so cute.
I will have to back and read the posts again to see what everyone has been up to. I hope you all are feeling okay.
I guess I will close for now and check back in later.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS……I’ve been up for awhile and thought I have to go to Bakespace first thing this morning, especially Before Jim gets up! I always feel like I’m deserting him if I get on-line and am Not watching TV with him or listening to his motorcycle stories. He Never says anything about me coming back here, I just feel better when I’m with him. He “WAS” supposed to go back to work today, but the Human Resource Woman from his Company and his Doctor Both said no, His Bosses Boss said back to work on Tuesday regardless!. So He’s staying home and pray he has a job when he does go back! Not sure what we’ll do today, at 10 o’clock it looks like a beautiful morning again! I think a drive to Sugar Creek Oh ..Amish Country will be a drive this week. We Love to eat at Der Dutchman’s Restaurant.

**VICKI, No the leg isn't any better, but we are planning a little drive to the Amish Co. We'll just stop a little more and that way i can get out and stretch and walk some. And Yes, we'll remember our Camera! How is your Grandbaby doing?

**PATTICAKE, Wow, sure hope your Mammogram comparisons turn up nothing. I'll keep you in my prayers. Awww, Bless your heart about your accident in the restaurant. That has happened to me more than once, but I got that problem under control now I have to worry about peeing my pants! Getting old sucks! Congratulations to your Niece on her newest addition to the family!

**Ann, Glad you and Jim enjoyed your walk yesterday. Did you change Leo and Willow’s picture at the bottom of your posts. The one looks almost like Andy did, only he had a little bit more gray/black in his fur.

**FAN, Sounds like your Autumn days are about like ours. It was 70* yesterday.

**PAT, So sorry to hear of your friend passing. It must have been nice to have such a connection with him. You know the way he handled his Cancer is the way I always thought I would IF I was ever told I had it. But of course one never really knows what they would do until you HAVE to make that decision. I’m so in the mood to re-arrange my LR Furniture. I hope to have it done before the Holidays.

**PATTI, Madison’s Friends remark about the Deer mount, sounds like something Cody would say. You ask if Tiffany had got moved into their New House…..well there’s a story for you and it’s way too long to write about. I’ll tell ya about it someday.

Well Jim and Kujo are up and about, so I had better get off here and get some kind of breakfast for us all. Have a great day everyone! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Debbie, I just got a letter in the mail today from the dr and it it said that everything was good, and to follow up next year. Way to put a scare into a person. Glad that was over with.
I know getting older sucks, sometimes. I have that problem every once in awhile too.
My niece had her baby while I was on here earlier. She weighs 6 lbs 8 oz. 17 1/2 in long. She is a cutie.

Jim doesn't say anything about me getting on here, but I have a laptop and sit here on the bed or couch with him while he is watching tv.
I hope your Jim gets to back to work soon. A drive through Amish country sounds fun.
Vici- have fun with your granddaughter this week. That is a cute age. My little grandson John[19 mos now] is a cutie. He is so smart and independent. He wants to do everything for himself. and likes to play with the hotwheels cars now. Makes that vroom vroom!! sounds when he rolls them. Well Hi to everyone else. I had better get around here and get something done.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki - I don't get it every time I come, just every once in a while.

Debbie - I changed them a month or so ago. Very Happy

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

Nice and busy over here Smile .
Vicki, metworst yummy. I had some chorizo today that needed to go, went down perfectly with the last of my mushroom soup.
Grammadot, congrats on the new girl in the family. It probably totally makes up for the embarrassment in the restaurant. Glad the mammogram turned out to be fine. I still have to go for my first one ever.
Debbie, we had 22C today. Simply brilliant Very Happy , went to the office wearing a t-shirt and flip flops. I'll keep my fingers crossed for Jim.
Ann-Marie, have fun at work.

Better start prepping for the meeting. It'll be my place tonight. Gotta defend the coffee creamer from Myo. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon girls. I will probably be missing for the next two days. Hubby has off and has lots of plans for us. I sure hope I am up to it. The sun has come out here after a grey morning with rain. Not much new here. Pretty boring.
**Vicki, sorry to hear that you have a cough, hope it is not one of those lingering kind. Hubby and I will be sure to take our camera with us on our drives. Hopefully we will get some pretty pictures.
**Gramma, it is wonderful that you got good news about your mammogram. I am so glad that where I get mine done now gives you the results right away. What a sweet picture of that cute little baby girl. Her Mom looks way too good to have just given birth! Matchbook cars, I remember finding them all over the house AND outside! I hope you are able to raise lots of money for the food banks this weekend.
**Debbie, I hope you and Jim are able to make the trip to Sugar Creek it should be a very pretty drive. I hope we both have beautiful weather for out drives.
**Ann, I had thought the pictures were different of your furbabies, but then I thought maybe you had just put the black outline around them, I didn't want to embarrass myself if I was wrong. Are the fleas all taken care of yet? Poor kitty.
**Fan, I can't believe that it was warm enough in the morning for you to be wearing flip flops. The meeting at your house is probably over by now. How did Myo like the people in her territory.

Talk to you when I get a chance.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PattiT, Myo wasn't too happy about the invaders. But she kind of behaved mockingly on top of the furnace Laughing Only one attempt trying to snatch the coffee creamer. Sure hope you and your hubby will have some nice and quiet weather for the next two days. Ours will be over in the weekend with a first cold spell and probably night frosts.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

Our weather: temp in the 40's-50's and rain, rain, rain! No flip-flops here!
I'm waiting for it to stop raining so I can blow the leaves off the grass.

I'm making spaghetti and meatballs for dinner..with the sauce simmering, it smells delicious in here. I was at Wegmans yesterday looking at the cannolis (they're so expensive!) and I got the brilliant idea to just buy the shells and stuff them myself. Jim only likes custard, not cheese or cream. Then I made my tried-and-true Microwave Custard, added anise flavoring and after it cooled a little - I piped it into the shells. They came out PERFECT!! Next time I'm going to try making the shells too. (I have cannoli forms... but I'm not too experienced with deep frying techniques)
http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Microwave%20Custard%20Pie%20Filling/52860/

Gramma - Sorry, I had to laugh at your predicament after your test!Laughing Been there - Done that!! Glad the test came out ok, though! Congratulations on the new little girl in your family. So cute!!

Debbie - Hope you make it to "Amish Country" It should be a beautiful trip this time of year.

Ann - I THOUGHT those were new "kitty pictures"! They sure are beautiful cats!

Patticake - Enjoy your next couple of days with Hubby. What does he have planned?

Fan - How did your meeting go? Did you keep on your tee shirt and flip-flops? Wink I'm jealous of your weather!!

Hi to anybody else that stops in.............
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martha. Smile Yep, I'm still running around in tee and flip flops, having all windows and doors open and not feeling cold at all at midnight. But it is the last hick up before the cold will kick in this weekend. Tomorrow will be colder already. Sad . I think I can smell your meat balls and sauce Wink

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: