BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning, MONDAY - October 29, 2012 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:59 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning, MONDAY - October 29, 2012 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I have been out-of-circulation due a bout with the flu. Definitely no opening/shutting the door for Halloween. Hopefully, my grandchildren's individual overnight visits will begin later this week, if I'm better.

We will feel the effects of the "big storm," but several of you will feel them much more. Hoping for protection and safety.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

Vicki - ugh, the flu...it's a nasty strain! Sad I took me a good five days to get over it...please rest up.

It has been raining here for the past few days, today and tomorrow they are saying lots of wind and tomorrow they are predicting the heavier rain will hit us -- hope not, the ground is so soggy and water logged now. Sad People around here are worried about flooding and the trees coming down.

Went to the grocery store last night, walked into the pop & water aisle...no water whatsoever.

Hope everyone is safe from Sandy's windy wrath!!!

Take care,
Ann

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING VICKI and ANN and OTHERS....I've been watching the Today Show, the whole show is geared towards Hurricane Sandy of course.The Hurricane is still 350 miles out and the Coastal cities are already getting hit with storm surges, high winds and lots of rain and it's going to get worse. They say this is the Biggest storm ever..covering more than an 850 mile area at once! I pray everyone cones through this unharmed and no property damage and Please Power to stay on...it'll get pretty cold in our homes without the furnace!

I'm feeling a good bit better today, yesterday was a little bit spooky for me, but today is a new day and I think I'll do some cooking. Can't go anywhere in this crazy weather...100% chance of storms!

**VICKI, Yikes, sorry to hear you were sick for a week. I told Jim I wanted to get our Flu shots soon. This time last year we had them already. You might want to take on the Grandchildren a little bit later and give yourself some time to get strong after being sick. I;m sure they would understand. I don't think we'll have to worry about opening the door to trick or treaters as we are due for lots of heavy rains all week. I hate that for the kids though, they look forward to it all year. Keep warm, stay well. ((Vicki))

**ANN, How are you feeling today? it's that time of year where alot of us well be asking everyone the same question. I know I'm worried about all that rain bringing down huge trees too. We are all in for some kind of raft from this huge storm. I bet you guys up by the Lakes will have some snow or at least that's what it said on the news. Will you be driving into work if the weather gets real bad there? If so, I'll keep you in my prayers for safe travels. How's the Teeth feel today? Any pain?

**FAN, Commenting on your posts from the week-end....You mentioned hanging your sheets out to dry and how wonderful they smelled on your bed. That is the best smell ever.. Your dinner of Ham yesterday looked really good, Ham is what I hope to have Today and candied sweet potatoes. Our time change is scheduled for I think November 4th...we will set the clocks back one hour. Personally I wish they would just leave it alone, as I hate it when it gets dark at 5 o'clock.

**PATTI, Commenting from your posts from the week-end too.....That's terrible about Gary's Insurance...when we are younger Insurance really isn't important to us as it is when we get older. Good advice from Tango though, checking with your doctors to see what they take and don't take. I don't know how expensive insurance is at these 2 places, but maybe AARP or if your car/homeowners Insurance co. sells it, might want to price check there too. Might get a price break for having multiple insurances through them. Heard anymore form your son at the Ritz? Praying he stays safe and you guys too. Do storms scare Madison? They use to my 3 GC but as they have gotten older this past year it doesn't seem to phase them as much.

**TANGO, Commenting from your posts from the week-end....So happy you stopped back in. We were all wondering if you were going to be in the path of the storm. No this Mrs. Dash thing....did they put you on that when you were in the Hospital? Your Chicken you fixed with it sounded good. Then of course the sweet stuff like the Boston Cream Poke Cake sounded really Yummy too.

**PAT, Commenting on your week-end post.....Glad you made it through the storm with just a wee bit of rain. Bless your heart, you don't need anything else to worry about...then there's this new problem of the well pump not working correctly and might need a new tank. Sure hope it can wait until you win that FL Lottery....LOL! That's ashame about that ole 148 yr. old Grandpa tree needing taken down. Do you think someone would take it down for you for some of the wood for firewood?

Well girls it's 9 o'clock and I had better go wake up Jim and Kujo. It's kinda cute, when I get up and Kujo knows I'm staying up, like if he sees me on the computer at 7 , he'll go lay in the bed and sleep with Jim...softer and warmer than his crate, although I have 2 blankets in there for him. He's getting more and more spoiled these later days of his life..but he is a good ole dog! You ALL take care, stay inside if you can and be careful if you have to be out on the road. I'll be back later. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty scary stuff here. I thought I would hop on here before we lose power. It has begun here. The governor said our county WILL lose power not might I sure hope he is wrong. The town where my son, DIL and Madison lives are having water problems. Hubby is out delivering car parts for his part time job, I sure wish they would send him home. Just now hearing that they are going to shut down the major roads. I sure don't want him stuck away from home. Sorry if I am going on and on.
**Nubbins glad you did not get hit hard. Such bad news about the well though. Our friend just had to have his yard dug up to replace his well pump and we have had to do the same not to long ago. Can be expensive. You have to have water though. Have you had any thunderstorms lately? They say that can fry well pumps and that it would be covered by home owners insurance. Unfortunately ours just wore out.
**Tango, glad you seem to have escaped the brunt of the storm. I am guessing the DASH diet is to bring down blood pressure? Is that what the tests showed, high blood pressure? Take care, health wise and storm wise.
**Vicki, yuck the flu. I still haven't been able to get to a place to get my flu shot yet. Maybe after the storm is over I will see if someone can take me. I bet the worst part was being sad that you couldn't have the grand kids over. I hope you feel 100% real soon.
**Ann, we are having the same problems, wet ground, lots of rain, and high winds. We have lots of trees around us, I hope they all stay where they are. I hope you make out okay with this storm.
**Debbie, I am glad you thought of AARP, we have them for car and home insurance. I will have to check into that. I had no idea where to start. My son at the Ritz Carlton is bored, he told me to come get a massage. Too bad the trains are not running! I hope he stays put. They say they are really getting hammered in Philly right now. I hope we all can keep our power and be safe. We have lots of blankets and water if we lose power and I just filtered and bottled my homemade limoncello, might be giving that a taste later to calm my nerves, ha ha.
**Fan that ham dinner sure looked great. Seems like we only have ham at Easter, too bad since I love it.

I am wondering if I should brave the storm and go out and get my mail, we seem to be having a lull in the storm.
Stay safe all my Sandy buddies!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, hope you all will get through safely.

I'm seeing alarming footages on my telly. Don't know what to think of it, even rumours about postponing presidential elections due to possible power losses.
Stay safe everybody and keep your feet dry.

Today was the first day of leaving home in the dark and coming home in the dark too. I just hate it. Tomorrow I have a course on Encoded Archival Description in Amsterdam, means leaving early to catch the train and coming home in rush hour by train. Makes me realize how fortunate I am, just living a ten minute walk from my office.
Vicki, glad to hear you are doing a little better. Please take it easy, cause a full recovery is a matter of time.
Ann-Marie, be careful if you have to go out.
Debbie, if necessary you can still use Kujo as a big hot water bottle, I suppose.
PattiT, I'll keep my fingers crossed for your hubby.

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO FRIENDS.....So far it's been fairly quite here, just raining all day and Cold! But No wind and I hope it stays that way. They are saying tomorrow will be our areas worse day. Right now it's snowing in the mountains of WV, so it's just a matter of time, once the storm crosses over the Mts. it'll be very close. As for the Cold..Jim is usually a hot blooded guy and this morning when he came in from taking Kujo out, he said I'm usually Not Cold, but Baby it's Cold outside. Jim's Dad called and said he could NOT get his Generator to start and wondered if Jim would know what was wrong with it. Jim said well Dad I'll be over to look at it, I can't say what it problem is until I see it. No don't come out in this weather....I'll just go back out and tinker with it. Now here's a man (Jim's dad) that is so weak that he has fallen more time that he can stand, I worry about him going down the 3 steps to the garage. Anyway, I told Jim he should go over and see if he can start it for him. So here it is after 5 and he just left about 5, so needless to say he'll be gone several hours, so I'm NOT cooking again tonite...well Not a big Ham dinner anyway, maybe some Hot Dogs and Mac and Cheese.

**PATTI, Oh I'm praying that Gary is home by now. Please God let him be home. I know how much you are worrying about this situation. Don't ever apologize for letting us know your feelings...that's why we are all good friends....here to listen and maybe give advice if need be. Of course I sometimes give too much advice, like to our friend Carolyn. One of these days she's going tell me where to stick it. So far your son is being a good boy and staying put....Prayers for him also. About the Insurance with AARP, hope you can find a good price there with them. Well if you need to break into the Limoncello to calm your nerves, Don't drink too much with your Meds that you are on. Stay inside, the mail can wait.

**FAN, I was watching the TV this morning and they mentioned that the Presidential Campaigns are being postponed. Election is supposed to be next week and postponing the elections because of Power losses could definitely be a reality. If we were to lose Power, I think Kujo would want to use US as a Big Hot Water Bottle, as he seems to be cold sometimes. I guess maybe we'd HAVE to let him sleep at the end of the bed with us.

Well, I need to go see if Tiffany is Still on FB, she called and said she posted some pics. of the kids for me. Hope and pray everyone does Ok through the next few days. If I don't get on, you know I lost Power. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Hope everyone is fairing well during the storm. SD lost some shingles off her house...again..the second time she will file a claim w/ins.

I have a message for storm Sandy....NAH NAH NA NAH NAH...YA MISSED ME Razz Razz Razz

Mother Nature will probably get me for that Laughing Laughing

I feel like a total IDIOT..there is nothing wrong with the well or its' storage tank...had one of the window ac units out today to clean before putting it away for the winter & a thought hit me.....I had GS put the whole house filter on bypass....all my pressure jumped up to normal. Duh Embarassed

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: