BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRIDAY.....November 2, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:23 am    Post subject: FRIDAY.....November 2, 2012 Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING GIRLS…….It appears to have cleared up for the moment and according to the news a slight warm up in the low 50’s is coming for the week-end. I’m still keeping all our friends and neighbors in New York, New Jersey and on up the coast in my Prayers. What devastation they encountered! Does anyone know how ERIC and MICHELLE are doing? Here in my area, we were very lucky, lots of Rain and the wind which I was worried about was almost nothing to worry about. We did get a tiny bit of SNOW, but NOT enough to cover the ground all the way. Tiffany got about 2 inches and the kids were anxious to go sleigh riding but it was way too wet for that, anyway they are all getting sick. Grass is still way too wet to rake up the leaves that came down with all the rain, hopefully we’ll get a dry spell here before long.

I mentioned the kids have been getting sick, first this one then that one, Now Cody has the Strep Throat and his Tonsils are nasty looking too. He needs them out really bad, but believe it or nor No one here will do it, most parents take their kids to Columbus or Charleston. Anyway Tiffany has kept him home for 2 days because of a slight fever, she took him to the doctor the other day and they ran the throat culture for strep and it came back positive, so he’s on an anti-biotic. He should be getting better by now. I hope so, Because they are all coming over after school in costume for their Trick or Treat surprises and we’ll eat dinner together too. I made them some Halloween Chex Mix or some people call it White Trash at Christmastime. I’ll post the recipe over in Nov. Recipes….sorry it late!

Jim went and bought 3 bags of candy at Sams yesterday and I guess it was a good thing as we had lots of kids. I never seen so many kids in an hour and a half! Jim has fun watching all the little ones in their costume and they ARE cute.and then you get these ones that are truly high school kids some do go to all the trouble of putting in Dracula teeth But Most don’t and act like you owe them candy. If you say anything to them, your house suffers the repercussions of their anger of not getting candy!

Not sure what Jim and I will get into today, probably nothing. Jim had to take a pain pill because his foot hurt so bad and I even rubbed it with some medicated Gel that my doctor gave me for the pain in my knees. He was still awake when I got up at 6:30 and said him and Kujo Both had a terrible nite for sleeping. I guess the Pain pill makes him itch and makes him wide awake. So I told him as Kujo climb in my place in bed, that him and the dog could maybe get some sleep now. So I’ll let them sleep for a good while.

We have New Enrollment papers for the Medical and Life Insurance to fill out…geesh they make this stuff so complicated to understand. I went over them a little bit this morning, and finally put it up until we both could look at it. We are thinking about dropping our deductible from $1000 to $600…it’s so hard to get to 1000, well sometimes NOT me, but for Jim it is! The difference in deductions from Jim’s pay isn’t that much difference every pay. I guess we’ll see when both of us can check it out together.

**ANN, Missed seeing you for a few days. I figured you were exhausted from work when you got home. So you didn’t get hardly anything from Sandy? GOOD! I was worried you were going to get some big time snow, especially from the Lakes.

**FAN, So is this the neighbor that has the Pet Store, the one you have coffee with? He sure does have a good Sense of Humor. Do you ever pet the snake? I had NEVER touched a Snake until we ALL went to the Columbus Zoo a few years back and we went to the snack house and the had a snake out that they were giving a talk on and you could pet it, so I did. I was amazed at how smooth and and cool they felt. I kinda like touching it. Here's a question for ya.....Have you heard of KEUKENHOL GARDENS in the Netherlands? I seen a Beautiful picture of large Garden on Pintrest and it said it was in the Netherlands and gave that name.

**PATTI, I was reading your post from Thursday and you kept saying I hope we hear from Debbie and I’m saying I’m Here, I’m Here…right above you…look up! LOL! Glad you got your Flu Shot…I need to get mine, hopefully tomorrow. I know I surely don’t need to get sick and end up in the hospital. I have this thing about Hospitals now, ever since I almost didn’t make it out alive form being in one last Nov/Dec!! How are you guys coming with finding reasonable Insurance? I tell you, it makes me nervous as to what we as “SENIORS” have to look forward to. I cringe to think about how it’s going to be with either one of our Presidential candidates winning. There HAS to be an ANSWER to all the United States problems that will make EVERYONE HAPPY! Sorry I almost got on a rant!

**MARTHA, You ask why OUR Trick or Treat was Thrusday and not Wednesday. Our city postponed it til Thursday because of Church services on Wednesday. BUT Yes my Grandchildren ARE coming in today hopefully in costume (supposed to be anyway), so I’m looking forward to spending some time with them and Tiffany! I wish she didn’t live so far in the country now, as she doesn’t stay too long, she wants to make the drive home before it gets too late. And I wouldn’t have it any other way. Tell your Daughter NOT to lose hope of selling her home…my Sister and her hubby had their house on and off the market for several years and finally it sold.

**VICKI, Hadn’t talk to you in a few days…..hope this finds you feeling a lot better. I tell you when you get a relapse of the flu, it can be harder on you the 2nd time around, because you are already weak. Have Carl make you some Chicken Noodle soup and Pamper you for a few days til you bounce back. Take care!

Well Girls, I hope you were ready for that chapter..I got kinds carried away, AGAIN! Hope you ALL enjoy your sunny day and the fact that it is Friday! Any BIG week-end plans! I think Jim and I are going to the movies tomorrow, not sure what’s showing though. I’ll check back in later this afternoon. Have a good one! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Debbie and everybody else, have a brilliant start of the weekend Very Happy .

Debbie, sounds like you and Jim had fun last night with the trick-or-treaters. Sorry to hear Jim is still having pain and the grandkids getting sick. And yep, the man on the pics is indeed "the neighbour". I don't pet his snakes often, but it is fascinating seeing them and taking pics. Their skin is indeed really soft and smooth.
The Keukenhof is a wonderful garden to visit in Spring and Summer, it's only about 15 miles away from where I live. Every year loads of tourists go there to see what flowers the Dutch are growing. I've only visited it once in early Spring when the early spring flowers came up. Best time for visiting is the end of April or early May, which usually is the supreme time for tulips.
Looks like I'm going to have a busy weekend again. Depending on the weather I might go up north for a meeting of my society of genealogists and Sunday I have to visit an educational center for nature and environment. The center gives a presentation and tasting of edible insects and a presentation of the role of bugs and critters in the natural environment in general. But I can tell you that we will go out for a proper dinner in a restaurant after the tasting Laughing.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie - yep --> work, work, and more work. Wink Smile Have been busy at work and I am tired when I get home. Get in the shower, prop up my feet and snuggle with Leo & Willow before I go to bed.

Fan - I can't imagine ALL those flowers in one place!! Shocked It would be gorgeous! And it would be a photographers paradise while the flowers are in bloom. Smile

Dentist appointment at 4...can't wait. Hoping when he fills the bottom one the top will also quit hurting. Maybe my top tooth is having sympathy pains for my bottom tooth?? Laughing

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Again.....Just got up himself at 9:30, I guess because Kujo wanted out to tinkle. I told him I was going to let him sleep til 11 or 12. We ate a bite of Breakfast, he looked over the Insurance and just now ask me if he took a nap would I wake him up in 10 mins. I said No, you can't get any sleep in 10 mins...I'll wake you up in 45mins...OK and off he went. I'll give him an hour or two.

Well Tiffany called a while ago, they won't be coming in again tonite either, NOW Avayah is sick...it's going through the whole family. Tiffany said she's not got a red sore throat, just a fever of 101, no Throwing up or diarrhea either. As bad as I'd love to see them I also want them to stay home til they are well.

**FAN, Oh WOW, to be so close to such a Beautiful Garden. I'm sure there are alot of tourist visiting the grounds and taking pictures too. Sounds like you have some traveling in your future. Now the BUG Lecture would be interesting except for the part on Edible Bugs and the TASTE TESTING PART! YUCK! Good Luck!

**ANN, Good Luck at the dentist today. Sure hope it helps in making the Pain go away.

Well girls, I think I'll go make some fresh Ice Tea and maybe by then Jim will be ready to get up and have a bit of lunch! BLT Sandwiches and a Bake Potato for dinner. Enjoy the Sunny Day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello friends. I can't believe how hard it is to find coverage at a reasonable price. I was up until after midnight checking out the different plans and then right back at it this morning. I THINK I am narrowing it down, but it is soooo confusing and I don't want to make a mistake that I might not be able to live with.
I did finally take a break a little while ago to get the pictures of the wedding posted to that site. If any one is interested. We didn't get very many good shots of the bride and groom since it was outside under a tent with the sun shining toward us and then inside it was dimly lit.
http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
It is after 3 and I haven't eaten lunch yet. Sorry this is so short. I will try and do better tomorrow.

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided to add the photo site link to my signature. That way I won't have to copy and paste each time and it will be easier to check the pictures any time you want to.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Debbie, I think I just decided not to go up north Sad . Took a look at the homework to be done for my course and it's a lot. Also with an extremely crowded week at the office, I'd better spend my Saturday with my nose in my books. Secondly the weather seems to be getting nasty in the afternoon, not very appealing to be on the road then. And thirdly I definitely won't miss out on Sunday afternoon's bug event. The apprentice boy of the pet shop specifically asked me to bring my camera and I hate to let him down. Sorry to hear the grandkids won't be coming over this weekend.
Ann-Marie, I hope everything goes well at the dentist's
PattiT, nice pics. Thanks for sharing Very Happy . Have a nice lunch, you deserve it after all the checking and puzzling.

知人者智,自知者明
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all!!
Been busy running amuck!! LOL Not really!! I went to leave work Wed. night & my car wouldn't start. Ended up phoning roommate to get a ride home, YAY!! He took me food shopping Thur. morning & dropped off the car key at the hair shop bosses hubby & friend were going to fix it. They couldn't get one bolt off on the starter, ugghhhhhhhh. So the friend used his Triple A & had it towed to the friends shop of choice. I got it back this afternoon & they said can I make payments?? I'm like if that's what it takes, than they said there's no charge??? I cried!! I'm feeling so blessed!!
Also yesterday was my follow up visit & they are changing my meds, my blood presser is too low now?? I'm following the DASH diet & started walking so guess it's working!!

Ann Marie hope you are pain free soon!!

Debbie hope all are feeling better!!

Patti great wedding pictures!!

Fan I was going to go with Ozzie than I was like I never seen his make up like that, so Alice Cooper is my guess!!

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango, spot on Laughing . You are the first to call a name and hit the jackpot. He indeed impersonates Alice Cooper.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: