BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dec. 5 Wednesday

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Dec. 5 Wednesday Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. I am determined to get my Christmas cards done today. Later we are picking up Madison at school to take her to a swim meet. We hate that this school always has a meet on a school night/work night. Her parents will not be off work soon enough to take her and we are not sure when to let her eat. I sure don't want to make her wait until the meet is over which will probably be about 8:30 or 9:00.
Hubby went in town to get a haircut and pick up some things at the grocery store. He was going to visit a friend in a rehab center but they moved him to the hospital and expect him to leave there today or tomorrow. His prognosis is not good so I sure hope hubby gets to see him soon. This is the guy I may have told you about that hubby new since he used to deliver newspapers to him when he was a young boy.
I thought my soup turned out terrible last night, I had made the stock out of the turkey carcass at Thanksgiving. Now that I think of it, my gravy didn't seem to have any flavor either. Since I have this bitter taste in my mouth all the time it is hard for me to judge the flavor of things. Hubby said he enjoyed the soup so I guess that is all that matters.
I will try to check back later to see what everyone is up to.
**I saw on Facebook that Tango/Laurie is having surgery at 10:45 today and had asked for prayers. I have no idea what the surgery is, I hope she lets us know how she is doing.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:21 am    Post subject: hi all Reply with quote

Well here it is the 5th of December and nothing for Christmas done at all. I am not in the mood for it this year at all. No cookies baked yet . been in a slump lately .
Had a lot of pain in my neck and shoulder so been in phy rehab for 6 weeks already and not much better so my dr will tell me to quit next week.
Then I got pink eye from my grandkids so been using eye drops from my dr to get rid of that. about half better my eye was swelling shut the other day and looked bad.
Hubbys been around the house to much and is always is in my way even when i want to do things but does not like to cook so no help there at all. He still has numbness in his hand foot and leg so he said it always feels cold when he goes outside. We have no snow in are area yet maybe by Friday they said,. not in no hurry for that at all. Been in a lot os stress with everyone in hubbys family still they act like a bunch of kids that wont grow up. so this Chritmas will stink as far as they go. Well better get bac to the laundry . have a great day all

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD AFTERNOON PATTI AND CAROLYN AND OTHERS.......Was kinda shock to see that ANN nor FAN weren't here today!Now we'll ALL probably get SNOW!. I haven't felt too god today, been having this weird feeling throughout my body, Jim had me go lay down with my Bi-Pap on and legs elevated after lunch and it really didn't make me feel any better. I get these feelings every so often, nervousness, restless and just off some how. I go to the doctor this Friday, I'm going to mention it to him...not that he'll know what's wrong, but it's worth a try! I managed to get what gifts I have bought wrapped, not sure where I'm going to stack them until it's time to move them out of the house. I sorted some laundry, we are in real need of having it done, but with Jim's pain, I didn't want to bother him with going up and down the stairs to the basement. I ALMOST did it myself yesterday, but the realistic side of me said it wouldn't be a good idea...what if you'd fall I ask myself. Got a Chuck Roast in the Crockpot and sure hope it's done by 5-5:30

OK, here's some news for you girls.....I wanted to tell you first before Facebook, because you all are Special to me. As of December 31st Jim will no longer be working! Sad Crying or Very sad His company has already did a Phase 1 Volunteer quit of 10 people, next comes Jim's area of another 10 people. You can Volunteer to quit and get a Severance pkg. of 21 weeks pay, plus full insurance and then 4 weeks Vacation after that...so it'll be 25 weeks pay, then they said they would not fight the unemployment, so however many weeks you get of that, which is not as much as his pay was. If he didn't take the Vol. Quit and waited for the next round of 10 people, he'd only get 1/2 of the severance pkg.. He talked to his Boss and ask him to be straight with him about how long he'd work if he stayed and he said not long! Well that pretty much answered his question. Now Jim feels he might have jumped the gun, he's never been without a job since 10th grade and he's feeling kinda defeated right now. I told him not to take it personally, all companies are doing this and we will struggle through. With my Disability check, it'll be enough to cover the living expenses, but no food money, gasoline money or money for our Meds or O2 or Insurance. It hit me last nite that I hadn't even taken into consideration the Property taxes , or Vehicle Insurance either. For some strange reason, I can't seem to be real upset about this...OH I know it'll be tough, but I think we will make it. Jim so hated that job and company anyway, so this is a blessing in disguise for him...he's already Brain storming about some kind of Business he can get into to bring some money in. Bless his heart, I just need to be strong for him and keep him from losing all hope. So there you have it , another person to pick a number in the unemployment line!

**PATTI, Love your cheerful graphic this morning! Did you get any wrapping done this morning? I just have 2 throws and I think I'll gift Bag those! Jim is on Vacation next week, so we are going to put the tree up and finish our shopping. If that silly guy doesn't give me some IDEAS, he'll get socks and underwear for Christmas! Did hubby manage to get to visit his friend in the hospital? It's a terrible thing to see an old friend be so ill. Madison might not want to eat until after the swim meet....you know how they are, it might make them feel sluggish! Wonder why they people setting up the meets don't take into consideration the time and day they schedule these meets. They do they same thing on Cody and Blake's Scouts meets. If it weren't for Tiffany taking them, they wouldn't get to go, because they have the meets when Mat is working. Wow wonder what kind of surgery Laurie is having? I'll be sure to check out her Wall and leave her a Prayer note.

**CAROLYN, Do the doctors think Charlies hands and feet will ever be back to normal and not be numb and cold? Sounds like a pinched nerve. What is causing your neck and shoulder to hurt so bad? With NO Results of 6 weeks re-hab, I think your body is soooo tense from all the Pain your in that it won't relax enough to benefit from treatment. I know from all the pain I have in my legs, my body from the waist down is sooo tense, that even when Jim rubs my legs it hurts. I don't have very much done as far as Christmas goes...my cards are done, waiting on stamps, a few gifts wrapped and that's it. Good luck to you with your family. I'm always thinking about you and praying that you are Pain free and happy one day!

Well, I need to get to the front of the house and check that roast, as it's almost 5. Hope everyone has a goods evening. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, sorry for not making it any earlier.

Got kind of caught by our December 5th festivities and other things.
Debbie, sorry to hear Jim's gonna lose his job. Just keep my fingers crossed he'll find something else. I heard something similar yesterday from my SIL. My brother's small farm hasn't been doing to well lately due to the economic crisis and he has been told quit farming might be a better choice. Obviously he's taking this blow very hard, cause he wants to end his marriage as well. So I had quite a long talk over the phone with my SIL in which she kind of explained the situation and the likely prospect of their marriage of 32 years coming to an end.
Carolyn, sorry to hear you are in such pain. I'll keep you in my prayers.
PattiT, thanks for keeping us posted on Tango. I'll keep her in my prayers too.
Sinterklaas visited my office yesterday morning Wink , but he met up with a tragic fate after entering my house.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: