BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday, Dec. 7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:47 am    Post subject: Friday, Dec. 7 Reply with quote

Well, where is everyone? I have been busy trying to get some housework accomplished and planning dinner. I think we will have chicken on the grill, scalloped potatoes and some broccoli. I have some milk and potatoes that I need to use up. That helps me out with both.
About yesterday, Fan, I am sure that he didn't marry his friend and room mate Tina. It feels awkward to talk about this on line but, my son is gay. The odd thing is that I have known this for a very, very long time. That is why his "emergency" phone call from the ship was so odd. He started out saying, "This is your son Nick, I am calling to tell you that I am gay, 100% gay. Being of sound mind and body, at this time I am telling you that I am gay." I told him that I already knew that and that I love him no matter what. That is why it was so strange for him to make such a call.

I hope no one here will judge him, or me for that matter. He struggled and suffered for so long before he let it be known. He has been so much happier and "normal" since coming out. He used to just seethe hatred before that and I was so worried about what would happen. Well enough about that. You all probably no more than you wanted to.

Cloudy and rainy here, and for the next 3 or 4 days they are predicting. No swim meet this weekends so I am not sure what we will do.

Hope everyone is okay and just busy and they will post later.
**Nubbins, I agree with Fan, I am sure that the GS's friends probably feel so much more relaxed and can enjoy themselves at your place. A cookout sounds like it would have been fun.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
Just stopping by to let y'all know what's going on with me. I wanted to tell y'all sooner but everything happened so fast!! Remember I was having kidney stones & a bladder infection that would not go away. Anyway they sent me to a urologist last Thursday & they did a cystoscope he found a tumor the size of a half dollar. So I had surgery on Wednesday morning spent the night in the hospital. They ordered bed rest with constant flushing of the bladder, morphine every 2 hours. I have to wear a catheter till Monday morning, So not fun!! Still in pain & can't sit down for long Sad Will get the results next week, but he said more than most likely is cancer Sad
I'll try to check in more often!!

Patti Not going to judged you or your son. Gay guys make the best friends!! Being a hairdresser I know a lot of them!!

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT, congrats. It may sound weird, but it is so much better having a happy son who know he's being loved for who he is than one who has to hide himself. I have gay cousins, friends and colleagues and I love them for what they are as a person and everything what comes with it. Just like my other friends and family.
Tango, glad you checked in. Sorry to hear you are in such pain. Try to get some proper rest and take good care of your self. Hopefully the results will come out favorably, I'll keep you in my prayers.
I woke up early this morning, because of the light. Light coming from snow!
The world looked strange from my bedroom window, quiet and serene. Almost made me want to yell out loud and find out if the echo is still working Wink

It didn't last, by noon most of the snow had melted away and by now there are only some spots with snow. Tomorrow will be dry, but around freezing point. The road may become very icy over night. Have to be careful going out chasing Christmas cards tomorrow.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

Cold here, but no snow yet.
I'm still running back and forth between my mother and her apartment, trying to get things organized. I still haven't fixed my deer so i could put them in the yard...but I did put a wreath on the door and some decorations around inside the house. I wish I had some time to start my baking.

Fan - your photos of the snow are so pretty! I still have to do my cards too!

Patti - That was really a WEIRD conversation with your son! I'd be nervous too. What the heck did he mean? As far as being gay, I always figure how can loving someone ever be a bad thing? As long as he's happy... that's all we ever want for our kids - isn't it?

Tango - Well, you HAVE been a busy girl!!! I hope you will be alright. What a scare that must have been! You take it easy and recuperate.

I published (here on BakeSpace) my cookbook on cookies if anyone is interested. Now if I could just get the time to make some!!
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello ladies, Sorry I have been slow getting around here. My laptop has been having issues again, I need to buy another new battery, It will only stayed charged for about a 1/2 hr then I have to plug it in again, then yesterday it just quit charging too. Jim redid the cord for me and it is charging again now.
Jeanna and I spent the first part of the week at Krys's house working on a cake for her new charity magazine called Give a Little Nashville
http://www.nashvillemusicguide.net/give-a-little-troop-aid-concert-ensures-hundreds-of-u-s-troops-have-gifts-to-open-this-holiday-season/
http://www.givealittlenashville.com/
It took us 4 days to do this cake. It is Broadway st in downtown Nashville with the iconic buildings. The Ryman, Union Station, Tootsies. Ernest Tubb records , plus a few more, It was a lot of work, but everyone loved it. No money for it, but it was for a good cause, plus we have a wedding cake to do in Jan from someone seeing it.
http://www.nashvillemusicguide.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Commemorative-Cake-768x1024.jpg
Pattit- I know a few too. My sil's brother, and Jessica had a friend when she was in middle school that hung out with her and her bf all of the time. He used to go shopping with them. No problem!
Tango- glad to see you checking in, sorry you are having so many problems. Hopefully you will get good results.
Fan- you can keep that snow over there. Although it is pretty.
Hello to everyone else that stops in.
I stlll have a lot to do between now and Christmas, Jim's dd, sil and gks and his older dd are coming in on Christmas day from CO and TX, and leaving on the 28th.
I finally got my settlement from the car wreck finalized. Not as much as it should have been, but more than the rest of them got. They still are trying to get Jeanna's and her mil's done, but her dh Ira, got part of his yesterday, like me and then in 6 days we are supposed to get the rest. I am hoping to put a small workshop here at home for my cakes, instead of opening another full store front, since we didn't get as much as I thought we would.Well I had better get busy again. TTYL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see some more BakeSpacers checking in.
**Tango, thank you so much for letting us know what is going on. I will be praying that the Dr. is wrong and that it turns out not to be cancer. If it is I will be praying for the Dr.s to be able to cure you quickly. I hope someone is staying with you, I would hate to have you there by yourself right now.
You are right about gays being good friends, I should have know when he was in school, he had so many girl friends and they all loved him to death. His room mate Tina is the same way, they are the best of friends. She looks out for him, which I am so glad for. Thank you for your kind words.
**Fan, love the snow pictures but not ready to be seeing it up close and personal just yet. Did you get the pictures taken at the fruit and veggie stand? You also had some very kind words about gays, thank you. The difference in my son is like night and day since he came out.
**Martha, I definitely will check out your cookie recipes. I hope to be able to bake a few more than last year, of course, insisting that everyone takes some home with them. Don't need that many calories laying around. Hubby requested some molasses cookies today, hoping maybe you have a recipe. I haven't made any in ages.
I can't imagine dealing with all you have on your shoulders right now. Maybe outside decorations will just not get done this year, and that will be fine. You have enough other things to take care of.
Kind words from you also about my son, it was a very weird conversation. He messaged me from Facebook that they think he had an anxiety attack. Not sure that it makes me feel much better. He said they gave him medication for it and that he has not touched a drop of alcohol since returning form the Dominican Republic. That is one less worry. You are right, the only thing I want for my children is for them to be happy.
**Patti, that is an impressive cake. I bet it did take a lot of work. Sounds like you will have a wonderful family gathering for Christmas.
You are right, my son loves to shop with girl friends.
Thank you all for making me feel better.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Pattit,
Hi Martha, You and I were posting at the same time. I will have to check out your cookies. I am planning on doing some baking and candy for gifts. But first I have to finish getting my house organized.
here is a close up picture of the Ryman Auditorium cake, after the rest of it was gone.

amd our Goo Goo cluster billboard.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot, that's cake is awesome.
Martha, hang in there. It must be awful trying to get everything organized in such a short period.
PattiT, I did take the pictures of the veggie shop today and gave them to Mr. Peeters. He's already talking about a reward. I told him that wasn't my goal. Tried to explain to him that I hadn't finished yet, and that he should scrutinize the pics first and contact me again if he had any suggestions about adding some more close-ups or detail pics. I can take pics, but the image he wants for his shop on the internet is for him to decide.

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patti - I do have a great Molasses Cookie recipe:

http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/search/results/1/8930500/

Grammadot - That cake is amazing! No wonder it took you so long to make it!
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks Martha and Fan, My daughter Jeanna is actually the artist. I did help with a lot of it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: