BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Dec. 8th & SUNDAY, Dec. 9th, 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:06 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Dec. 8th & SUNDAY, Dec. 9th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

PattiT - by the sounds of it we have all encountered gay men/women, have worked with a few and liked them for who they are not what they were. Have you talked to your son since that phone call???

Has been busy at work (still!), sending critters home, 2 yesterday and possibly 2 today so should be 17 critters by this evening. WHEW!!! Shocked Had a critter boom over the past few weeks!!! Very Happy Very Happy Crazy.

Tango - please keep us updated on everything.

Had the office call about my mammogram from last week, said they need more pictures on the left breast, said they "seen" some thing in that one. Told her I'm not surprised, had to go in for extra pictures a year or so ago. So have an appointment next Tue for more pics. The doc that came in and talked to me a year or so ago told me it was calcification's.

Better get around here, need to leave shortly.

Take care,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. Once again, foggy here. Hubby is hunting with his family, not sure how they will see a deer? It lifted briefly then rolled in again. I think I will attempt to do some gift wrapping today. May just try to find some last minute gift shopping on line. No disasters with my meal last evening, for a while there I thought I lost my cooking abilities.
I have one big weight off my shoulders, I made a decision about health insurance and mailed in my application. It was making me crazy with everyone saying they knew of a good plan, I would check it out and it wouldn't be available in my area or was not as good as the plan I was choosing. Maybe my blood pressure will go down now.
*Ann, I got a message from my son on Facebook, he is on a cruise ship and can't use his phone. Not sure that it makes me feel any better but he said the Dr. on board said he was having an anxiety attack and gave him some medication. Now I am worrying why he would have anxiety when he is on a cruise? I told him he should be relaxing and enjoying himself.
Sounds like some very busy times for you at work.
I have to have mammograms every six months because I have calcifications that they are keeping an eye on. I am due again right now. I will have to make an appt. for a day my hubby has off. Hope your repeat mammo shows no difference from your former mammo. I go to a center now where you talk to the Dr. and he explains everything right away, does away with the painful wait for answers. I will keep you in my prayers which unfortunately has a lot of BakeSpacers in them.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

After being in Holland last night, I have a very busy day planned out today.

Last night, we saw Sinterklaas. As the town crier went down the street ahead of Sinterklaas, one child shouted excitedly: "There's the pirate." The parents' response: "Shhh! That is the town crier." Smile

Then, we headed to the Museum for hot chocolate and cookies, and a visit with Sinterklaas. One woman who brought a Dutch flag for her picture. My 2-year old granddaughter wanted nothing to do with him, until the other children had left his lap. Look at her big smile as Sinterklaas reaches out to her.

I hope to catch up with everyone next week.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO GIRLS.....Boy I missed a Big get together the other day. I guess I shouldn't have slept ALL day! It sure way good to see some old friends stop in!

The kids spent the nite last nite. They were glad because we had Nachos and Mexican Rice, then we mad Cupcake for Bedtime snack! I didn't get a wink of sleep last nite. We went to bed at 12:30 and when I walked in the bedroom, Kujo had torn the sheets and blanket off the bed, plus managed to find my Bi-Pap and chewed up the mask! I did have one but it was a full face one (which I hate) and it was stretched out and let air seep through into my eyes! The durn dog kept trying to sleep on the bed and wouldn't go to sleep and Jim did everything short of getting in the crate with him to settle him down. About the time he FINALLY went to sleep about 3, I had to go tinkle which I knew would wake him up! What a nite, I just decided to stay up and went in the living room and watch a Christmas movie and some other movie. I had promised the kids Ham and Cheese Omelets for Breakfast and actually got them done and got the kitchen back in shape. My stupid Skillet was sticking and it's never been used! Go Figure. I thought I'd stop in here and say hello and then go fry up some Round Steak for Bake Steak, that and Mashed Potatoes and Gravy and Corn is on the menu for tonite. Beside Jim and I, Tiffany, Mat and the kids are going to be here.that hasn't happened for a long time.

**ANN, Good to see you stopping in. I can only imagine how exhausted you have been. Seems like your send some Critters home and twice as many come to visit! Laughing I'll pray your 2nd Mammogram is nothing to worry about...my Sister use to have 2nd testing all the time because of Fibrous...non-Cancerist. Big Nativity scenes are fairly expensive, unless you find them on sale...might want to have one picked out and go back and get it after Christmas!

**FAN, Yuck, you got some of that White stuff! So far we have been lucky, It's too warm to snow here...temps running in the 50 and 60's! Now up by the west side of the Great lakes they are getting snow. I worked on my Christmas cards all last week-end and I still need to get stamps. Tiffany is stopping at the Post Office to get some for me today!

**PATTI, You're getting there little by little with your decorating. I bought Jim's Mom's gift yesterday, but I still want to pick her up a Christmas Angel by Jim Shore. Silly Jim STILL hasn't given me a list yet and he MIGHT just get a couple pieces of West Virginia COAL! Laughing I still don't have my tree up yet and If it gets any later, that's ALL they decorating 'll do. Now about your Son Nick! Please do not feel like we would judge you or him. We are your friends. You know I have a Niece that is Gay and I would so love to talk to her about it, about all the snide remarks that people give to her. I think that Gay people seem to have more Compassion. I also have a good Guy Friend that is gay and he is very Domestic, bakes Cookies, Quilts, the whole 9 yards....kinda cute! To be honest I think it is the old generation that doesn't understand, because nowdays with ELLEN and alot more Celebrities coming out, it starting to feel like the Norm. Not sure what the Bible says about it, But like one of the other girls said, ALL we want is for our children to be happy.

**NUBBINS, Glad your GS's friends feel at home at your house. I feel sorry for the one 21 yr. old that gets grounded by his Parents for missing something like one of his chores. Sounds like he's pretty much taking care of the whole house. Get ole Blue running?

**TANGO, Oh My, what a shock for you! I am Praying that God puts His healing hand upon your body and makes you well! Keep us posted if you feel up to it.

**KAREN, My oh My...I sure did miss out on chatting with you. I can't remember who, but someone ask about you the other day. I'm sure you must be a busy girl, but would Love to see you at least once a week. How's the family? Are the girls going to be there for Christmas? I'm so sorry to hear of your Brother's early passing. So many lives lost in the early years.

**MARTHA, How's your Mom? Is she getting settled in? Poor woman I know she probably hated to leave her home and I know you hated to see it come to this. But when they get to where they can't do for themselves, it's like lifting dead weight to help them. I know we tried to take care of my Great Grandmother. Sounds like you have more decorations out than I do. I'll check out your Cookie Cookbook sometime this week-end, probably have to be tomorrow.

**PATTICAKE, Cute cake...took a long time to make it too. How you made your money back on it. Speaking of money.....Congratulations on the settlement for the wreck.Oh how wonderful that all your family from out West are going to be home for Christmas.

Well, I need to go start browning off the steak and getting lunch too. I'll be exhausted and my legs will feel like I'm walking on stones by the end of the day. But at least I'll be spending time with my family! Wishing you ALL a great rest of the week-end! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Vicki, Sorry I missed you earlier, but I needed to hurry up and get that Round Steak ready for the oven. It's been in there for a good couple hours and oh my, it sure smells really good! Sounds and looks like you had a good time last nite. I could almost swear you and Fan have the same pictures..... Laughing

Well, I had better run as Tiffany brought me some stamps so I want to get those ready for the mail! have a good rest of the day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

I guess I'm running late again Wink . I spent most of my day outside hanging around and chasing Christmas cards. The weather was sunny, dry and extremely cold. So we decided upon some cocktails to end the week, mango daiquiri cause the sun had left us for the moon Laughing
Vicki, that's such a sweet pic of your little granddaughter.
Ann-Marie, I'll keep my fingers crossed. Have fun at work.
Gigi, soo good to hear from you. Please pop in more often.
Debbie, the white stuff is almost gone by now and we are waiting for a fresh batch maybe tomorrow Wink I still have to start with my Christmas cards, but I did find the light for the Christmas tree by accident today. I have put them in a flower vase for the time being Laughing . I'll try to get my tree from the attic next weekend when I hopefully have finished my Christmas cards. Your household sounds like a hectic place to be this weekend with Kujo destroying the place and kids and grandkids over for lunch.
PattiT, I can imagine you are glad to have this thing done and over with. I still have to make some similar decisions in the next couple of weeks too.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was playing with the camera, and what better subject then some pretty kitties. Smile

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Seems like we are to get rain for a few day, then I think Wed we are to get some snow showers. Hoping and praying we have a white Christmas this year...tired of seeing the ground and the mud. We don't have to have a lot, just enough to make it white...a few inches would be awesome.

Funny, when I went down to Mom's a couple of weeks ago we got to talking about the first year we moved up here, she spent Christmas with us. When we went to bed there was an inch or two on the ground, when we got up there were several feet!! Her and Benji, Jim, me and at the time I had Shelby (collie)...we all went out and played in the snow! It wasn't super cold and it was so much fun to watch Shelby and Benji...Shelby plowed the snow for Benji, he would hop into her tracks. When we came in, had to put Benji it in the sink to get the snowballs off of him. Very Happy Laughing

What's your favorite Christmas memories?? Mine would be growing up, we would go to Christmas Eve services come home, snack in front of the Christmas tree. All the lights were turned out except the Christmas tree lights. Mom & Dad would tell stories about growing up and their Christmas memories. Love those memories.

Not much planned for today, might go over to the grocery store and get a few things to bake cookies. Just wanna hang out today, would love to rent "
Brave"...looks like such a good movie.

Guess I'll get around here, head up to the shower or tub, haven't decided yet.

Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a smashing day Very Happy

I've been in a Christmas mood today, despite of the snow having melted away and stormy weather with high temps, rain and ice pellets Wink Had my Christmas tree lights on and all my candles burning, while a was writing Christmas cards. My dinner table is a big mess because of it right now. But I got about two third of them done and ready to get posted tomorrow. The other third can wait till Wednesday to be posted since the addresses are all within my own postal area.
Ann-Marie, really cool pics of the kitties. Leo almost seems to be flirting with the camera. I can't recall a favorite Christmas memory, as a child Sinterklaas on the 5th of December was much more exciting because of all the jokes and pranks that came along with it. I wasn't impressed by having to performing the role of Maria in the play at Christmas Eve services either when I was 6. Although my grandfather said he could see my mum's pride making the church radiate while I was performing. Wink Probably I was a bit too young for playing a major part. But I always liked Christmas morning coffee with the family and the neighbours hopping in. And luckily at Aunt B's they have kept Christmas morning coffee tradition too.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HO HO HO Y'all:

Patti thank you for your card, it is so cozy looking.
It has never meant any nevermind to me what a person's proclivities were whether partner choices, religion, race etc. I have always tried to treat others the way that I would like to be treated. I am glad your son is so much happier since his declaration of being gay. Life is way too short to be miserable.

Tango I will say an extra prayer for you that your doctor is wrong. If you would like someone to listen, PM me & send me your number. I have free long distance so I would be able to listen & support you as long as you need.

I ordered new ink cartridges for my printer a few days ago...ordered wrong ones. Luckily they are for GD's printer so I just turned around & ordered the RIGHT ones .

Went to Wally World the other night for soda & spotted a 4'6" fake tree that looked pretty good for 20 bucks-with lights, so I bought it. Just spent the last hour going thru boxes in the shed to find my decorations & bringing them to the front porch using the riding lawn mower. My other fake tree is 6' tall & really wide. Don't really have anywhere to put it in the house.

The smaller one is cute, will probably put my ornaments on it today.

Went to see DH yesterday. Using Big Blue it took an entire tank of gas to get me there & back home. But, I had no problem staying awake. It is not as comfortable as my Blazer so that helped. He is doing about the same, they were getting him into his wheel chair when I arrived so when they were done I wheeled him out front to sit & talk for about 1 1/2 hours. It was a beautiful day yesterday. Temp was perfect, light breeze & sunny.

A week ago I called Dish & took my subscription down to just basic service trying to save money. Last nite I couldn't stand it anymore so I used my DVR to go back to the service I had before. I didn't realize how missing so many shows was making me cranky. It made me realize that the TV is the only "entertainment" that I have. Plus I have started working on a new quilt that I can sew on by hand in the living room & watch tv at the same time.

Making Tyler's Ultimate meatloaf for supper tonite. It is GS's favorite.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: