BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, Dec. 10TH, 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:58 am    Post subject: MONDAY, Dec. 10TH, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We have been getting some rain since yesterday afternoon, seems a bit windy too. Tomorrow snow showers. Shocked

Debbie - nope, didn't get any cookies baked. Went to the grocery store to get a few things, then came home and we played Scrabble for a little bit, watched TV for a while then Jim made us pizza. It's a really simple recipe, I think I added it to the recipe & review thread, don't know which one though. Sad

Grammadot - I see you are hard at work baking. Your pics made me want to lick the screen! Laughing

Have the laundry started, should be done shortly.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!
Ann

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Grammadot - I see you are hard at work baking. Your pics made me want to lick the screen!

LOL!! thanks Ann.
I plan on rolling out some cake balls later today to put in the freezer. I am going to make some pumpkin spice ones, chocolate fudge, and crème brulee.
and whatever other flavor I come up with. I use the flavored coffee creamer in them instead of all of the frosting a lot of recipes call for.
We made pizza for dinner the other night. Last night we had a salad with chicken tenders added to it.
I have some cordon blue chicken in the freezer, I will probably cook tonight. Jim and I are going to go to town today to pay some bills and I am going to the dr to see about my sore throat and swollen glands.
Hope you all have a good day.
It is raining here and supposed to get colder. The weekend was in the 60s but it is dropping now.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't get good news at Drs. Sad

I'm going to go throw up!

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{{Tango}}}}}}. OMG.
Grammadot, hopefully everything is okay with you. Ann-Marie is right, I'm not much of a cookie or cake eater, but even I was very tempted.
Ann-Marie, are you off today?

I was off today, but spent half of my day in the office preparing for tomorrows last day of class. After that my vacation really takes a start. Posted the Christmas cards this morning, now there's only a small part waiting to be sent.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Tango, I am so very sorry. That has to be the scariest thing to hear from a Dr. Where do you go from here? Please keep us up to date, you know we all care. (((Tango))) I wish there were something I could say or do to help you.

After that, I feel badly that I thought I was suffering. No sleep last night and I am sure tonight will be the same. I don't remember having to do two nights of laxatives before, yuck.
I sooooooo much enjoyed my visit with Madison and her Mom, they have not been here in a long time. Seems like we always have to go to their house. At one point Madison said Mom when are you leaving? She said she thought that was why she was here, because her Mom had an errand to run. Her Daddy is in Mississippi on a job. He is rushing to try to be home by Saturday, Madison has two big meets this weekend, one on Saturday and one on Sunday. Hubby will be picking up 60 soft pretzels for the meet and I am going to make some kind of baked goods to sell at the concession stand.
I get hungry every time I go in the kitchen, and of course half of my e-mail pertains to cooking. I am glad that I only have to be on clear liquids one day. This time of year is especially hard to avoid food related things.
**Gramma, you are a busy woman. I hope your Dr.s visit turns up something not too serious. I enjoyed your pictures even if they were a bit of torture. Those trees were especially pretty. Your coffee creamer idea with the cakepops sounds like a great idea.
**Debbie, your yesterday is kind of like mine today. Since I was up and down all night I kept dozing off, so I finally went and laid down in bed and slept for about two hours. I feel much better.
We watch Amazing Race, those twins were just so annoying. I thought I would be rooting for them just because they were twins, but um no. A surprising ending, wasn't it. I would not have picked them to be able to win.
**Ann, rain and fog here also. I am hoping to get some cookies baked this year also. Playing scrabble, I wish I had someone to play that with. Gary doesn't play any games any more, he says it gives him a headache. We do play pinochle with our friends from Philly though. I got some laundry done today also.

Think I will go finish reading the Sunday paper, never got a chance to read it yesterday.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I have aggressive bladder cancer & they are sending me to Chapel Hill. They will tell me if I need to have my bladder removed or chemo.
So Chapel Hill has just called & I have an appt on Thursday at 8 for scan than a 10:00 appt to see the Dr., I'm freaking out!!! My Mom is gonna take me, we are going to leave on Wed. afternoon spend the night at their housing, grab something to eat. This way we will be able to find it in daylight. They sent me by email some papers to fill out & bring plus directions there.

Oh I upgraded my phone today so been trying to figure it out, keep my mind busy!!

Thanks for being there y'all!!!

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{{Tango}}}}} - will be saying extra prayers for you.

Fan - yep, off...was wonderful, really needed to get a way for a day. Jim and I went to Kraynak's and seen all the Christmas decorations. Shh, even brought two snowmen home. Wink Smile Some of their plush were 25% off, got a good deal.

PattiT - thank you for the Christmas card. Smile We are to get snow tonight or tomorrow, just a few showers. They were already putting some fluid on the roads already in OH. We crossed over into OH to go to Waffle House for supper. Smile

Guess I'll get around here, want to put my pictures onto my flash drive. Don't trust this old computer much.

Later,
Ann

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

{{{{Tango}}}} I wish there was something I could do for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers.
I went to the dr, and had to sit there for hrs it seems. He said that I had the start of infection so he put me on some antibiotics and told me to drink lots of warm fluids.
Then we went to WM and got my meds, and groceries. I needed some more baking supplies too.So I didn't get anything else done today.
Ann- loved the pictures of Kraynak's That looks like a place I could spend all day in.
Pattit-sounds like you will be busy with that concession stand. I have done that before. You are right about it being a bad time of year to avoid food. Glad I had mine done in Oct.
Fan- Thanks. They are tempting, I do have to try my new flavors, but I have been good and not eating too many of them.
Well I guess I will get off of here and watch tv with Jim, Hope you all stay warm. It is dropping to 27 tonight. Crying or Very sad

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
axellf
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Greetings all you wonderful people from around the world and from around the block,

It has been truly a Great Day!!! Margje hoop dat jij een heel prettig Sinterklaas feest hebt gehad. Here in California Dutch Club Avio celebrated Sinterklaas feest, and also the Dutch Schools of Southern California.

From now until Christmas we will be busy baking. In fact tomorrow we'll bake six pineapple cream cakes and will bake 900+ cookies before Christmas.

Have a Super Day!

Aloha ke Akua,
Axel & kathie

http://www.bakespace.com/AxelLF

http://www.facebook.com/AxelLaFontaine
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: