BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

December 18th 2012

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: December 18th 2012 Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

I've been up and about since 6 am this morning. Made a trip to the office before breakfast to check up on a delivery of new stacks. Everything went okay, so I could go home after two hours leaving my office buddy in charge.
Made it in time for coffee at the pet shop and gave my neighbour a share of my "snert".
Martha, "snert" is the Dutch word for whole meal soup of green peas, onions, leeks, celery, carrots, parsley and pork meat. It's a typical soup for winter and in older days it marked the end of the butchering time in Autumn. The craps and lesser cuts of the butchered pig was cooked up in the pea soup. Once cooked it looks like a thick green soup in which the peas have completely dissolved.

Nubbins, if the weather is dry and sunny at your place, I might Wink
{{{{Tango}}}}, hang in there.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning, another very foggy day here. I am glad hubby is off today. I hate to think of him driving in this weather. He is going to decorate our bay window for Christmas today, while I finish up (hopefully) the wrapping today.
**Fan, I would love snert. It is a soup hubby and I love but our children always hated it. Now that we are empty nesters no reason not to make some this winter. Glad you got your errand done in time to catch coffee with your neighbor.

My coffee of choice this morning is white chocolate raspberry, very tasty. I wonder how Laurie is doing. I hope she checks in soon.
Crazy weekend, we left the house while it was still dark and returned when it was dark. Madison did so well at both meets. I hope she is able to keep improving. She won all her races but did not improve her times at the last meet. If she breaks one more record she will be the first one in over 20 years to have that many records. She is so hard on herself, we will have to work on that.
She had to go to the school counselor yesterday with a few of her friends, they were upset about the CT. incident and were feeling afraid. Her mom said Madison told her she was fine after school when she got home. I am glad that they have counselors at school for times like this.
Hope everyone has a pleasant day.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - that does look good!!

Martha - uum, no. Willow gets nervous when he comes in and Leo was really jealous this time. Their house! Very Happy Don't want another one in the house anyway...or another one to take to the vet. Confused Rolling Eyes

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{TANGO}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Fan-yes it sunny & warm here & dry. Come on over.

I would love to get rid of both these vehicles but unfortunatelt until I pay off all dh's bills & my lawn mower I can't afford to make a payment on anything.

In the mean time I will use Big Blue for running around town & going to Lake City & will rent a car to go see dh. Wish I had thought about renting a car earlier, helps do away with a lot of stress.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checking in I promise to update y'all soon but I'm just so overwhelmed I can't think straight!!

Thank you all for the love, hugs & support!!

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI GIRLS.....Sorry I've not been here since the Friday, I just have had no energy at all and seems all I get done is sleep! I haven't cooked a descent meal for a good while, just enough so we don't starve to death. Like tonite I have Bacon ready and I'm going to make some Oatmeal when Jim gets home. It's 7 and he called about 115 mins ago, said he was stuck on a job. Kujo is looking at meal, as if saying "can't we just eat without Dad?" Well the tree got up on Saturday. I had told Jim since it was only a week til Christmas, just to not worry about the tree, I sure didn't feel like dealing with it. Jim said No we have to put up our tree. So I told him that when he got the totes out that had the ornaments in them, NOT to get others out as I wasn't going to do full blown decorating. So ALL my Snowmen are still packed along with my several different pieces of the Manger scene and various other pieces, all the things I put on the dining room when I dress it for Christmas...BUT it looks better than if I would have done it....then there would have been nothing. I got a soft tearing feeling in my chest as the tree was being decorated. Tiffany had left the kids here while she went to work out and so Jim and all 3 kids did the Tree. Papaw gave them some Not expensive ornaments and told them to put those on the tree and he went ahead and put the Radko Ornaments on, anyway, all 4 of them working together looked like a Norman Rockwell picture!
Tiffany and I went shopping Monday. I had ask her when she thought she'd have time to take me to do Jim's, plus everyone else's I had to do. I really didn't feel like going but I knew I had too. Got most of Jim's except for a Lathe he wants, it was out of stock, But that's something I can get him for his Birthday January 8th! I do still need to pick up a Jim Shore Christmas Angel for Jim's Mom and finish up his Dad too, Toys R Us for the kids and then I think I'm done...well except for Christmas Day dinner.

**FAN, Sounds like you have been super busy. Got all your "To do List" done, some yummy looking Snert made, that Pasta looked good too. Does MYO lay under your Christmas Tree? Our cats used to loved to lay under the tree and this evening I walked past the living room and just happened to look in and there was Kujo laying right in front of the tree, I so wish I had our camera...the batteries are dead on both. NOTE to Self: Get Cameras ready for Christmas pictures!

**ANN, Aww, poor Little Toes, He wants to be part of the Family and be in where it's warm and full of life and love! Crying or Very sad Glad you were able to get rested up on your days off, get a walk in on the beach and get your shopping and tree up too. You were very busy, probably be busy at work too. Oh I hate to hear that about Benji. Your poor Mom will be so devastated IF she has to make that decision to put him down. If it's a smashed Trachea and can be fixed that would be wonderful, but 12 yrs. old is kinda getting up there for a surgery, is that how it would be fixed? I will pray for the little guy and your Mom too.

**PATTI, Be sure to let us know what the doctor tells you about your tests. Our nurse Did NOT call us back with a Time and Doctor to go to for his tests. I told Jim I'd call her back and he said don't bother because I'm not going anyway. Madison is doing an Excellent job on her Swim meets. She's a little perfectionists and that's the reason she is so hard on herself. I swear, I can see her in the summer Olympics someday! How wonderful that you all can be there to show your support for her. You mentioned your son James and how he all a sudden got upset at the meet...seeing all the small children and knowing about all the sadness surrounding the devastation at Newtown Conn....it probably brought his wanting children to the for-front. Poor guy. This Tragedy has affected so many people, I know there are probably hugging their little ones a little tighter and those poor young teachers that stood to protect those children, the families they left behind. You know they say you're never supposed to ask WHY, but you DO and still no answers! Is Madison any better since she went to see the counselor? I know there are alot of schools across the US with an Police Officer on the school grounds.

**PAT, Good idea about renting a car. Tiffany did that one time when she lived several hours away....she did it because her car always left her stranded somewhere. Hope your Dear Hubby still recognizes you. You know my FIL's doctor was giving that Alzheimer's medicine to him and he was doing really well with remembering things and all. Then Jim's Mom thought he was acting funny so "SHE" took him off it. We all told her that doctors were supposed to do that.

**MARTHA, I bet you can actually breath a sigh of relief can't you? With the worry of getting your Mom's apt cleaned out and getting her settled in the Nursing Home and the cherry on top is the fact that she is actually happy there. Don't stress the small stuff as far as Christmas goes...what you get done without exhausting yourself you get done. Like you said a few days back, what doesn't get done , there's always next year! By the way, Thank you for stopping in here as busy and tired as your are.

**VICKI, I love your Holiday Graphic Not too much longer you won't be able to hear yourself think for all the chattering going on! I'm so happy for you. I know you've been looking forward to the family get together for awhile now. I like the Family Picture tradition you all are going to start. It'll be nice years down the road to see how much everyone has changed and the little ones grown up. Don't worry about No Christmas Cards, might NOT be any from Us next year since Jim will be without a JOB come the end of this year! Crying or Very sad

**TANGO,Awww sweetie, don't worry about that right now. When ever you are ready, we are here to listen and to help in anyway we can! I can only imagine how confused you must feel. We are all just praying you have family there with you all the time and that God will see you through this ordeal! So stay strong and positive and you'll make it , OK? Love Ya! ((Tango))

Well, I'm headed for bed. I had to step away from the computer to finish dinner, then the Voice was on and watched it in between naps of course. But I wanted to finish this chapter before I lost it. One o'clock in the morning and I'm headed for dreamland! Good-Nite and HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: