BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Dec. 29th & SUNDAY, Dec. 30th, 2012
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Dec. 29th & SUNDAY, Dec. 30th, 2012 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Fan - had trouble getting on too, glad Babs got it fixed.

{{{{{TANGO}}}}}

Took Mom home yesterday. Sad We've tried to talk her into staying until the New Year but she said with the weather getting colder she worries about her water pipes. She told me it was nice to get out of her house for a while.

Snowing pretty good right now, guess we are to get snow showers all day, snow squalls tonight and lake effect tomorrow. WOOHOO!!! Very Happy People need the snow for their wells.

Jim and I talked about going to a couple of parks later this afternoon, today will be a good day to do it since it's snowing.

Hope everyone has an awesome day!
Take care,
Ann

monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING FRIENDS……Finally waking up to an accumulation of Snow on the ground. It’s one of our first and really nothing near what surrounding states have been getting! I’d say we have about 3 inches on the ground but it’s still snowing. I must watch the weather here shortly so I can see what they are forecasting!

Went yesterday to get me a new Bi-Pap mask, Kujo ate the one I had and I had to go back to an old stand-by that leaked something awful, kept Jim and myself awake all through the nite. I couldn’t believe that stupid thing costs over $300.00. I don’t know what we are going to do when Jim loses his job and insurance here in a few days!

Sorry I haven’t been on for a few days. I went back and read all the posts from when I was last on, so I’ll make a few comments to those. We had a really nice Christmas , starting with Christmas Eve and the kids coming over to open their gifts we got them, then off to Jim’s Parents to celebrate with them. On Christmas morning I woke up feeling a little over-whelmed or something…kinda hard to explain and by the time Jim and I finished opening Our gifts to each other and I and I had put a Spiral Ham in the oven I was feeling like I wished I could go back to bed. I even told Jim I didn’t really feel up to going, but I’d hate to disappoint anyone. Went over and ate a bit, offered to help clean up and thankfully they said just set there and play Queen for the day , I was so happy to head Home. We were supposed to go out to Tiffany and Mat’s and see their tree and se what the kids got for Chistmas and eat finger foods with them, but I called and told her I wasn’t able to make it. If it wasn’t for the fact that I hate Hospitals, I would have had Jim take me over to the ER! Still felt punky for a few days later and it was just today that I actually felt a wee bit better. Even managed to write out some checks to pay some bills.

Not sure what’s on the agenda for today….I know I’ll be staying in. Need to see about something for dinner tonite. We just now finished up the last of the Ham from Christmas…oh man was it ever good! Tiffany has invited us pout for Lasagna tomorrow nite, if the roads don’t clear off and the temps get a little warmer, I’ll stay home for that also. I think I’ll make Sloppy Joes for dinner tonite.

**ANN, Took your Mom and Benji home huh? I'm sure she does worry about her water lines freezing and bursting...what a mess that would be. I bet it was nice to have her home for a nice visit! Hope you were able to get off work a little early on Christmas day! A day at a couple Parks would be fun...I'm too chicken to go out in this weather, I'd hate to end up back in the hospital! Be careful if you guys do go.

**PATTICAKE, What a Special way Jimi had to ask his Girlfriend to marry him. Especially in front of all those people! Your Family is quickly growing by Leaps and Bounds…with New Births and New Marriages! Is Jim feeling better? You mentioned he was feeling bad the other day>

**PAT, HAPPY BIRTHDAY my FIREND!!
It’s a day late, but I wasn’t here yesterday, sorry So did you do anything Fun? How was Vernon when you went to visit him? Did he realize it was Christmas?

**PATTI, So I seen that you survived all the hard work you did for Christmas…especially the last few days of it. How are you really feeling? What did your doctor say in that report? Have you brought yourself to looking yet? Glad your other son is doing okay…you did say he was sick right? Sometimes I have a hard time remembering or making out my notes too.

**FAN, Nice way to start the Holiday at the Pet Shop! Then off to your Auntie’s. I’m sure you had a nice visit with the Family., along with a lot of Good Food too. Sorry to hear you picked up a Cold. Sometimes I think Colds make one feel just as bad as the Flu with no Throwing up! Get well soon.

**TANGO, Thought a lot about you over the Holiday. Hope you were able to get out and spend time with Family! Hear anymore about the next plan of action for you? I will always keep you in my prayers. I have several people here put you on their prayer list too. ((Laurie))

**MARTHA, Yikes! Lots of Snow! Sounds like you were a BUSY girl right up to the end! Have you given thought to doing a Cookie Exchange Party? That way you only end up with 1 dozen of each kind of Cookie. See if anyone wants to do it next year. So you were Babysitting Sarah’s Fur-Kids and yours too. I bet that kept you busy!

**VICKI, I’ve been seeing that you all have been getting hammered with the White stuff! How many inches have you gotten total? I bet those road conditions are horrible. I bet you all were scared to death that that Pick-up truck coming sideways down the road was going to hit you. I have a BIG Ham BONE with lots of pieces of ham still on it…..I’m going to make Jim his Fav. ….Soup Beans and Cornbread!

Well, I guess I had better get going. Time to take my morning Meds! Any of you girls having to be out in the snow or drive in the snow, Bundle up and drive safe. HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning ladies. sorry I haven't been on much.
We had a nice visit with the girls. They had a rough flight though. Both of the kids got sick and threw up on the way in. They felt better the next day though.Jim fell in the tub on Christmas day and has been hurting ever since. Stubborn man wouldn't let me take him to the dr then. just suffered with it until yesterday.After we took the kids to the airport and saw them off we went to the VA hospital ER at 3:30 and didn't get out until almost 10:00. He broke a couple of ribs. They were worried that he had a punctured lung too but that checked out good. He has been coughing quite a bit and it just about kills him every time he does. They don't really do much for broken ribs just pain pills and rest.. but at least it wasn't any worse.
Both of the girls were sick before they left for the airport. I hope we don't get what ever they brought with them.
On thursday night we had a big party with all of the kids and gks plus my brother and his family and some cousins and friends. It would have been more fun if Jim and the girls weren't sick.
Jessica do not click on this link by herself though. John was sick so Marc stayed home with him. The dr said that he had RSV. Jim kept saying what else can happen?I told him not to even think about anything else happening. Jinx!!!!
We are still here at Krys's. She drove us to the airport and then to the hospital in her car. We came up in the van that we just got and I am not used to driving it yet. and didn't want to practice doing it in downtown Nashville in the rain. I don't think it will be big change from driving the little truck but it is just so big and long. Jim can't hardly turn to look out the window so it was not a good idea for him to try to drive again.
my gs Fred(Ira and Jeanna's son) is getting married on New Year's Eve. his fiance is in the Army and is leaving for traing right after for 10 weeks. They just decided to do it last week. so it is a rush job to get everything done that quick.
Jimi and Taylor are not getting married until next year sometimes.
Debbie-glad you got to go and let everyone take care of most of the work. That is what family is for.
Ann-glad your mom got to visit with you.
I guess I had better get off of here and get some coffee.
I hope all the rest have a good weekend.
((((Tango)))

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone. My one son took me to the gastroenterologist appt. Yesterday, he explained what was wrong, which turned out to be something that COULD turn into cancer if I don't get things under control. That is much better news than hearing that I did have cancer. Problem is, most of the treatment plans he suggested I have already tried. He said to try and not eat trigger foods, which are the ones they suggest that you DO eat?? I also have to take large quantities of Pepto Bismol, he said it really is the best medicine to try. He wanted me to try Asacol but I told him I had done that many years ago and it didn't help. Next he said he would put me on steroids and he saw that I made a face. I told him that last time I did that my eye pressure went way up and the eye Dr. told me not to take them or I could go blind. Any way, I go back in three months and if I am no better he said he would try the steroids at a low dose and see how I do.
My family Dr had told me that I have a para thyroid problem that will more than likely need surgery. The symptoms are pretty much everything that has been bothering me, the worst being that they are sucking the calcium out of my bones and that is one reason I might be having the bone chips in my spine happening. One of the other side effects is hair loss, which my husband keeps saying he doesn't know how I have any hair left, good thing I have a very thick head of hair. It also contributes to memory loss, it would be great if I can get that to be better. Any way, lots of bad things if I don't get that under control. The scary part is that the surgery would entail a 7 to 8 inch incision across my neck!! Yep, that has me pretty scared. I had read that they are pioneering a new way that is much less invasive, so I will see if the best hospital in our area does that and if not I might check out Philadelphia. Funny thing, the para thyroid has nothing to do with thyroid problems. Well now you all know more than you probably wanted to know. OOps I did get one good piece of news, the problem in my throat that was one step away from cancer has healed almost completely.
I have been a busy beaver with a new project, I hate to mention it here but it does involve another website that will be opening to the public in January, they offered me to join before the public. Now I am in a rush to get my stuff inputted before they have a big flood when it opens to the public.
It is snowing pretty good here today, hubby, my sons and Madison have a trip planned for tomorrow so I hope the roads are better. I know they will go anyway but I don't want to have to worry about them all day.
My youngest son is no better yet, the scary thing is that I have figured out it has to do with his heart. The medicine they have him on is making him very tired so he sleeps a lot. His heart just doesn't seem to want to slow down any. He runs the salon at the Ritz and he is having trouble keeping up I think. I sure hope he doesn't lose his job, he said she is not very understanding. I think if he would just tell people what is wrong people would be more understanding. It was funny to see Tina watching the sodium he was eating. She was also watching out that he didn't drink caffeine, she came out the one morning as he was drinking coffee and shot him a mean look. I could be wrong, but with all the clues I picked up on, I am guessing it has to do with his heart, especially with his resting heart rate being 110!
I will be taking it easy today, I need to make some phone calls to family members who are sick, what a time of year to be sick. Madison had a fever of 102 but when I talked to her she sounded perfectly fine. Her Dad on the other hand, it sounds like he may have the flu. I sure wish I could have talked them into a flu shot! My sister is still dealing with shingles, not a very nice Christmas present there either. I guess our family is a mess right now.
**Martha, sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas, almost like a progressive dinner, moving from house to house. Now it seems like you are almost playing vet, taking care of all the animals.
**Debbie, girl, maybe if you went to the DR. soon, they could straighten things out so you wouldn't end up in the hospital, where as if you keep putting it off you might end up there. I will be praying for you and Jim to be able to find insurance. My hubby is not having much luck, with you being on Medicare it will be a lot easier for you than Jim.
**Fan, that girl in the Santa suit probably brought in extra customers to the pet shop and naturally the bunny was cute also. I used to have a pet rabbit. They can be cute and cuddly but if they are mad or scared they can scratch he heck out of you with their back feet claws. In honor of the yummy cocktails you have been having, I might just have me a pumpkin pie mudslide this evening.
**Ann, I bet you are having a great deal more of snow than us. I actually ventured out to see some Christmas lights on Christmas eve. which is way out of my comfort zone. I was scared, but I am glad I went. I bet it was wonderful to have your mom and Benji spending time with you at your house. I imagine you will get some beautiful snowy pictures today if you are able to get to some of the parks. Be careful.
**Vicki, you are way braver than me, I would not have gone out with the roads being that bad. I am sure you had a good driver though.
**Pat, sorry I missed your birthday, I hope your visit with Vernon went well yesterday. Did your grandson go along? Did you have to freeze some of your turkey, or did you get it all used up?
**Laurie, still praying day and night for you. I hope you are holding up okay. Did you spend some time with relatives over the holiday?
**Carol, I hope you holiday was not too hectic and that you were able to enjoy it.
I just know I am forgetting someone, if I did I apologize, and hello to you.

Gotta go clean up the coffee dishes before lunch time.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of 11:05 the heavier snow has tapered off, now we are getting the finer snow.

PattiT - There is one park that I would like to go to, but don't know if they keep the roads good or not. Might skip that one for the time being, go to ones where I know they keep the roads good because of the fishermen.

Grammadot - sounds like you had a nice Christmas even tho the kids weren't feeling too good. Poor Jim!! Did they tell him not to move around much for his ribs?

Debbie - Mom called me this morning, said it was snowing so hard down there she couldn't see her neighbors house. Shocked

Took the tree down, got tired of getting after the kitties not to bother it or chew on it, especially Leo. Plus I go back to work Monday, wouldn't have time to do it next week.

Later,
Ann

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-no they didn't say very nuch about what to do. He isn't feeling like doing too much any way.. I haven't even been home in 3days so all of my decorations are still up.
Pattit- I hope you are feeling ok today.
well I had better get busy. we are planning the cake a recption foods for Fred's wedding.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted pictures to the site I have linked at the bottom of my signature. I am thinking it is really pretty, looking out at it. Definitely not going anywhere today.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

I'm still under the weather. And the weather outside was sooo nice today. Yet I had to stay indoors for most of the time, looking for hankies and making hot drinks. Sure hope I'll be feeling better tomorrow, cause I have to go to Delft and visit my cousin for her B-day.
PattiT, that's quite a lot of things happening to you and your family. I'll keep my fingers crossed for all of you. Pretty pics of the snow too. I so wish we would get some as well, but alas so far temps are being to high for the time of the year.
Grammadot, I broke a rib once, when a cow wanted to be nice to me Laughing . And there's really not much you can do, apart from not coughing and not laughing. I had to cut down on working hours then and take a rest in the afternoon to get my self through the day. Laying on your back, trying to relax your muscles with breathing exercises does give some relieve though. Most of the time I ended up falling a sleep.
Debbie, glad you made it here today. Sorry to hear you didn't feel very well over Christmas. Sure hope you'll be able to pick up.
Ann-Marie, enjoy the snow for me this afternoon. I still have my tree and all the decorations and they'll stay till January the 6th. Myo luckily stays away from it Wink
Nubbins, I missed your B-day as well. Happy belated B-day, I hope it was a good one.

{{{{{Tango}}}}}

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - nice pictures!! Could be postcards! Smile

Fan - I only have one day off next week, decided to do it now. Will leave all my snowmen up for a while yet.

They are running a marathon of "Charlie's Angels" on CLOO...fun to watch. Cooked supper "Chicken Dijon"...pretty good.

carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Hi all Reply with quote

Saying hi to every one been very busy and will get very busy on monday as i will have my family here my Daughter had to work christmas so she is coming home for new years. have a big meal planned for then.
She is moving out of her house this weekend so I guess the divorce is ahead sad.. i feel for the kids been at one house and than another. As for Christmas was ok went to see my dad and my sisters on Christmas eve and charlies mom on Sunday.
We have snow on the ground but not getting any new snow i hope until the kids come home. I dont like them driving in a snow storm.with deer on the roads to.
Did ed up making a lot of cookies again for give away they all enjoy them. hope everyone has better health for the year a lot of us have been under the weather this year. Not going into detail on that subject any more some people say i need to quit talking about how bad i feel sorry if i upset anyone on here to, did not mean to. I am not a bad person and am very friendly as i can be. I would give my whole self for someone that needed me to help them.
Tango I think about you daily as well as Deb, ann Marie, Patti both patties as well as Fan Martha , Nubbins and the whole crew we used to have. love everyone. I did cry when i read a facebook post from someone i care about that befriended me because of my way of thinking i am sorry for that. so much stress at this time of my life but some dont understand it.well better go get some sleep as i have not sleep for a few nights. have a great new years eve to. I will be leavng my decorations up until Charlies birthday on the 4th of jan, most likley.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: