BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Jan. 12th & SUNDAY, Jan. 13th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:42 pm    Post subject: SATURDAY, Jan. 12th & SUNDAY, Jan. 13th, 2013 Reply with quote

Afternoon,

Wow...it's a bit quiet in here.

Had worked every day overtime since Wednesday, will look good on the paycheck but today...I'm tired. Rented the new Ice Age movie, will get the chips and salsa a little later to watch it. Smile

Fan - the legs are tired...haven't walked or stood much -- other than when we went to Thrifty Shopper after getting our hair cut, found some good cookbooks. Smile Very Happy How are you feeling today??

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. It's like
61º right now! Shocked Love that January thaw!!

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Ann-Marie, I'm still tired and have headaches caused by a lingering cough, but otherwise I'm quite okay. I have accomplished more than I thought I would today when I got up. I'm dry freezing my laundry in cold crisp and frosty air Very Happy . Temps stayed around freezing point today and will be below for the coming week. We have a January frost.
I've had a free lunch of mussels at the fish monger's in my street Very Happy . Really yummy. And since I was there anyway I bought my self some delicious smoked mackerel. Gonna use that for a rillette.
Are you off today? What cookbooks did you find today? I still have some gift cards to spend, so I might get my self some cookbooks too. Is the Thrifty Shopper a warehouse or a food store?

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, off today then work for the next 4 days, off Thur.

The cookbooks I found:

The Best of Mr. Food Home Cookin' in a Hurry
The Cake Mix Doctor
Good Housekeeping Cookies
Magic Chef Cooking (1948)
Cookies
Beta Sigma Phi International Gourmet Cookbook (like a community cookbook)

Thrifty Shopper is where every thing is donated and then the money is used to help homeless people or people that are addicted to drugs.

Gonna go take a shower then watch my rented movie.

Hope everyone has a good night,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Ann, I stopped in earlier but I needed to work on trying to get insurance for hubby. It has turned out to be a nightmare trying to get insurance for him. I can be very glad I am on Medicare or I would never be able to get insurance!
Is there anything you can rub on your legs to make them feel better? I am allergic to most of those type of things unfortunately.
I love the cookbooks you were able to get, especially the Mr. Food one. I wish I had more of his.
**Fan, don't your fingers get very cold hanging out the laundry? I remember having that job when I was a child, brrrrr.
I tried mussels last year when I was on vacation and was pleasantly surprised. I never thought I would like them. Although dripping in garlic butter almost anything would be good.
Didn't you say a cooking goods store was opening near you soon? Is it open yet and could you use your gift certificate there?

Didn't do a heck of a lot today, dusted, put some errant items where they belonged and worked at filling out insurance forms. Seems like insurance is going to be my full time job now. Not much fun dealing with all this stuff. Had the leftovers from dinner last night for dinner tonight.

Tomorrow we have to be at Madison's swim meet before 9. The last meet we had there people were rude and would not give up seats so that others could watch their swimmers even after several reminders over the loudspeaker. I will not be a happy camper if I don't get to watch Madison. It will be exciting to get the program, Madison beat the school record last year so her name will be in the program as the record holder.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everybody,

Has anyone noticed that you have to sign in each time to Bake Space? I know I ticked the "keep me signed in" box...but the last few days I have to sign in each time. Weird.

PattiT - we use the BioFreeze that we got from the chiropractor, plus Jim bought me a heating pad/massager for Christmas and I use that. I didn't yesterday...guess I was too lazy to get up and plug it in. Confused

Headed into work shortly. We should have about 16 little critters.

Hope everyone has a good relaxing Sunday.

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a wonderful Sunday Very Happy

Ann-Marie, I have no trouble staying logged in at home. I will check it on my office computer tomorrow. Nice job on the cook books, the Magic Chef sounds fascinating.
PattiT, my fingers get totally numb, but the smell of the laundry when you get it in makes it worth the trouble. The fish monger had a range of sauces to try with the mussels, but no garlic butter. Nevertheless they were all quite yummy. The cooking store in my street is basically a studio where you can take cooking classes or reserve for small party dinners. Luckily they are not selling stuff, cause I'd end up in a state of bankruptcy at the end of each month. Have fun at the swim meet.
Today I only made a small walk to the bakery, it was very cold this morning. After breakfast I tried to sort out my paperwork (tax season coming up soon) and paid some bills. Then chilling out on the couch with Myo and with lots of coffee, newspapers and other stuff to read. Or as some may say "being plain lazy" Wink

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

It's 66° outside today! Shocked Needless to say, the snow is all melted.
This crazy weather drives me nuts!! By the end of the week, it will be snowing again!

I have been trying to "use up" all the stuff I have leftover from the holidays. I finished up the last of the ham I had in the freezer (from Christmas) by making pea soup and I made pumpkin spice cookies to get rid of the pumpkin spice Hersey Kisses. And I made Chicken French to use up some lemons. Pretty soon I'll be able to wash out the refrigerator and stock up again!!

In my spare time, I'm trying to talk Jim into going to Texas and visit his brother and I'm thinking of taking a trip to either Florida or California ....someplace warm! We have those free airline tickets that we got for volunteering to get "bumped" last February and we have to book the flights before Feb 15th!! I don't want to go with him to Texas, but I can't decide where I would want to go alone either. It's a great opportunity, I don't want to forfeit the tickets!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: