BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, Janaury 31st, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:30 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, Janaury 31st, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Wow, the last day of Janaury --- already. Sitting here shaking my head, can't believe how fast this month went...but being so busy at work does make time go fast.

VERY windy here...woke me up during the night a couple of times. Felt like the wind lifted the house then sat it back down again, creaking and groaning. Weird feeling especially when in a deep sleep.

We have 12 critters. Smile A good round number. Very Happy

It seems Erie set a new record for such warm temps in January, the high at a certain time was something like 63º.

Hope everyone has a good day!
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Ann, that is funny the way you explained the wind, when it gets windy here it sounds like it lifts the kitchen roof and then it slams back down. Not sure if it is because it has a metal roof or what. Of course that isn't really happening but it scares me that someday it will. Have fun with you little dozen, it may have changed since yesterday though.
**Gramma, what is the yellow around the tree branch, daffodils?? Still no word on our truck, the longer we don't hear the more I have a feeling it will cost?!
**Carolyn, more unsolicited advice, the granddaughter that goes through so many clothing changes, if she is young tell her that she can't, if she is older then tell her she can help with the laundry, that may change her mind. I always tell hubby that the washing machine is one of those things that I will not do without. I can't even imagine your going so long without one. I hope your repairman gets well really soon. When I was young, with twins, I had to use the laundromat and I vowed I would never do that again.
Counseling would probably only work if everyone went and would that even be a possibility?? My heart goes out to you with all you are dealing with. My one friends husband had a heart attack and several strokes and he is a completely different person. Dealing with that alone would be a good reason for counseling.
**Fan, I guess the wacky weather isn't occurring just here but everywhere. Our basement is taking on water once again. Thankfully hubby got everything up off the floor yesterday.
No word yet from my son, he promised to call as soon as he knew anything. I am surprised that one of the tests showed that he has a staph infection but they have not put him on antibiotics yet. He said they wanted to wait to see what they are dealing with.

Hope everyone has a good day.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning ladies.
pattit-yes that is daffodils. they bloomed about a week ago. and they will probably be dead today. These temps are crazy here. Yesterday it was in the 70s and now it is 33 supposed to be in the low 20s.
We are heading back up to Krys's tomorrow for the weekend. Jim has a dr appt tomorrow morning. Then I will be working on a baby shower cake for sunday. So we are staying until monday morning and stop in Columbia for my dentist appt. It is about 50 miles from our house anyway so it makes more sense to do it this way.
I saved us around $1000.00 yesterday. I was looking at the dentist's website and saw something with coupons on it. There was a 20% off one on there. so I called the office and asked them about it. Even though I had already agreed to their price. he applied the discount to it. Jeanna told me that her mil got her dentures for only $500.00 but I can't find anything that cheap. and not sure I would want them. I am getting some that have a 7 yr warranty on them. Most of the cheaper ones ranged from 3 yrs down to 6 months. They are costing us around $4300.00 now.
nubbins-did you have a lot of trees down too? We were lucky that was all that fell. There was a lot of damage across the state.
ann- we have a tin roof too. and when the wind is blowing like the other night it sounds like a freight train coming through.

carolyn- my thoughts are with you through all of this. I used to have boyfriend that lived with me several yrs ago. He had a mild stroke plus he was diabetic.aso I know what you are going through..I agree with Pattit about the gd. If she is old enough to do the laundry make her do her own.
Hello to everyone else. I need to start getting our things together so we can leave early in the morning. His appt is at 9 am and we have to go downtown Nashville. It is an 1 1/2 hr drive.
TTYL.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing day.

Today is our Queen's B-day, the Dutch flag is in top on every public building, including my office. Smile . Her abdication this year is still trending in the papers and news. Some people are already speculating about the gowns.
Grammadot, poor daffodils. Sad . Congrats on the denture savings. I had no idea they were that expensive, I'd better start saving too.
PattiT, are your feet still dry? I'm not surprised the antibiotics are not prescribed right away. Bacteria can easily get resistant to them, when they are exposed to antibiotics regularly. So they want to determine exactly which bacterial string they are dealing with in order to provide the most effective antibiotics.
Ann-Marie, when I was a child we lived on a farm in the middle of grasslands and pastures. The only trees in the area were the ones planted on two sides of the farm. In summer they were whispering to each other, but in stormy weather they were groaning and the barn was answering to them while the wind showed her excitement by howling around the corners of the farm. As long as the sounds were there it was quite comforting, the only weird moments were when you would wake up and every sound was gone because the wind had totally died. Cool

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

I am having the same weird weather as the rest of you. It was 64 yesterday (a new record high) and today is 27 !!!! Snow predicted for the rest of the week.

Not much else going on. My daughter's house still hasn't sold. Crying or Very sad There have been several interested parties, but they can't seem to get the financing. I'm scared that with this freeze-and-thaw weather happening, that the pipes will freeze! That's all we need!

I still haven't cashed in those free airline tickets. I can't decide what to do.... I may just go to the airport and take the next flight and see where it takes me! That would be fun if Jim was going too... but by myself, I guess that wouldn't be too smart. (?) I only have until Feb 11th !!!

Gramadot - Good luck with the dentist. I'm going through the same decision about having mine out. The price they gave you is about half of what they quoted me!

Fan - Sorry to see your Queen go, but at least it's an excuse for some elaborate celebrations in your country. That should be something to look forward to, eh?

Pattit - Good luck with your truck. I hope it won't be anything too big! And I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your son.

Ann - Have fun with your "little critters". My daughter was having a problem with her car that sounds the same as yours. Sometimes she'd have trouble starting it and sometimes all the lights and power would just go out all of a sudden. It turned out it was a ground wire that wasn't connected properly. Check that.
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Patti-I know they own the Stouffers brand. BTW I ranted about Nestle but as far as water offenders Pepsi & Coke aren't innocent. During an extreme drought in Georgia Pepsi was bottling thousands of gallons a day from the municipal water system of Atlanta, while ordinary citizens were on water rationing. Shocked The common remark seems to be that they remove water from the lakes & replace it with discarded plastic bottles. They do not (except for one company) post on the ads or bottles that the water is coming from a local tap & not a mountain stream. The way they avoid FDA regulations is that they bottle & distribute the water in the same state- ie..Georgia bottling plant water is only sold in Georgia. Interesting....they take your states tap water (that you get for nothing)......put it in a bottle (made of carcinogenic chemicals) & sell it to you for a buck or more a bottle. Confused Confused Am I crazy??? Or is there something just not right with this picture. Buying bottled water is as stupid as having to pay to watch tv in our own home.....that we used to get for free & were perfectly satisfied with.

I'm just sayin' !!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{TANGO}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{CAROLYN}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{GMADOT}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

And Yup I have a lot of trees down in my yard, also a lot of limbs. I also have a Grandaddy Oak out back that is humongous with 30 foot branches coming out all over the place that has just about reached the end of its' lifetime.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: