BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SATURDAY, Feb. 9th & SUNDAY, Feb. 10th, 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:47 am    Post subject: SATURDAY, Feb. 9th & SUNDAY, Feb. 10th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Fan - no plans yet. Too tired today. Two 12-hr shifts and fighting this sinus infection has really worn me out. Sad How about you?? Love the pics!

Talked to Mom this morning, she said Benji is 89% better! Very Happy So happy, knew she was really worried about him. Didn't hear him cough once while we talked.

We have a beautiful blue sky and wonderful sunshine today. Loving it!! Was a crazy weather day yesterday, rain in the morning, snow in the afternoon. Confused Rolling Eyes Glad we didn't get the storm like the Eastern part of PA.

PattiT - did you get any of the snow storm???

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Yep, my cold is back and I'm as slugnutty as a boxer. But I was well taken care of with coffee and male attention at my neighbour's. Laughing Laughing Wink

I did get a batch of laundry done and managed to do a quick grocery run through my street. Now I'm fighting my cold with hot tomato soup Rolling Eyes .

Ann-Marie, have fun today. I'm totally with you in being worn out, it'll leave my Christmas tree still standing for another week I suppose.
But because Spring is around the corner, I took a pic of a tulip at the flower shop. For everybody to cheer up a bit. Hope y'all like it.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls, I got all my work done for the day, laundry done, dinner done, banana muffins made, and the house straightened up. Now I am feeling kind of bored. I made myself stop reading about my sons cancer, too scary. He will be getting treatments at the oldest hospital in America it was founded by Benjamin Franklin. They are very cutting edge in their treatments and clinical trials.
Ann, it was so funny, yesterday they had a two hour delay for school and then a lot of schools sent the students home at 11:30, how much snow did we get............NONE. They cancelled Madison's swim banquet last night also.
I have a feeling that my nephew in Rochester NY probably got a lot.
Fan, that looked like a parrot tulip. Whatever it was, it sure was pretty.
Hope every one finds something fun to do today.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - sitting here shaking my head reading your post about the cancellations. They sure get ahead of themselves, don't they??

Fan - ugh, that cold is hanging on. Sad A good cocktail will fix it!! Wink Very Happy

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!
Well, the weatherman sure WASN'T "crying wolf" about the snowstorm around here!! I'm snowed in for sure!! Yesterday I woke up to 6-8 inches and then it snowed hard all day. I shoveled the driveway around 11am and by the time I finished, it was 2 inches deep where I started! By nightfall, it was over a foot deep and almost waist high along the street where the snow plows keep piling it! And it's only 11 degrees. I gave up trying to shovel after the second time I did it and decided to just let it pile up. It looks so beautiful. The big pine trees in the back of my house are so heavy with snow that the branches are almost touching the ground. (They are normally 6-7 feet off the ground)

This morning when I got up I discovered someone had plowed my driveway! I don't know if Jim sent someone over or one of the neighbors took pity on me. Whoever it was, I really appreciate it..... I spent the whole day warm and toasty in the house. I made a batch of sugar cookies... that's about the only constructive thing I did all day.

Ann - Enjoy your day off. Two 12 hour shifts - WOW! Glad Benji is doing better. How are the outside kitties holding up?

Fan - Beautiful photo of the tulip. The one of the big green bug is actually kinda cute too! Hope your cold goes away... don't worry about the Christmas tree, just hang red hearts on it and call it a St Valentine tree!!

Pattit - Did you hear from your nephew in Rochester? I forgot what area he lives in, but I live near the lake so we always get it the worst. Maybe he didn't get slammed. If he lives south of here he might be better off... but I'm sure he got some snow!

I was up late last night on the computer scheduling my free airline tickets. It's all done! (I only had until Monday before they expired!!) I'm going to San Diego in May for a week. I've never been out west at all, unless you count Hawaii. So I'm excited. It will be an ADVENTURE!! Too bad Shane isn't around anymore. I think that was where he lived before he moved back to Oregon... he could give me some sightseeing tips.

Hi to everyone else - keep warm.
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha - glad you made the deadline for your airline tickets. Wish I could go with you, have an Uncle in CA that I've never met. Be awesome to walk up and say "hey, Unc, I'm Ann Marie!" Very Happy The outside kitties are doing well. Wish we could find them homes though.

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

What a beautiful morning!! Had a gorgeous sunrise!! By the time I got jeans on the sun was full in the sky. At least I got to see it. Smile

Have been making heart coasters for a couple of the girls at work and then a tissue box too with Snoopy and Woodstock on it for someone else.

Didn't do a thing yesterday, my legs were so tired. Felt guilty since it was such a nice day...very sunny and blue skies. Sat and watched a lot of TV, Westerns that we had on the DVD. Today...would like to get outside for a while, in the fresh air which I think would help the sinus problems I am having. Such dry air at work and with the furnace running here at the house...can't get a way from that dry air. Sad

Hope everyone is doing well today.

Take care,
Ann

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a picture of Leo last night:

grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning ladies.
I hope ya'll are staying warm up north. We have had a little bit of cold weather, but nothing compared to ya'll.
I ma trying to get adjusted to these new teeth, but it is taking a while. I should lose some weight before it is all over. Been eating soup, jello and mashed potatoes, mostly. Still have a little pain in my gums and my face is still kinda swollen.
Pattit I am so sorry to hear about your son's condition, my thoughts are with you.
I hope everyone that is feeling bad gets to feeling better. I need to get some housework done today. Still not feeling too good, It will still be there for me when I do, I guess.
I will try to check back in later. Love ya all.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

The weather is holding up beautiful here too. Sunny, dry and crispy cold, but with a wind chill factor, so it feels like freezing. I did go outside to the casher and the bakery, it was really nice. However having a cold already I decided to stay indoors for the rest of the day. Gotta go to the office tomorrow again.
Martha, nice having the miracle dwarfs coming to plow your driveway. Laughing They had plenty of time, cause the snow we had last night is hardly worth mentioning. San Diego in May, sounds exciting to me. I've only been in New York so far.
PattiT, hang in there. I'll keep my fingers crossed for your son.
Ann-Marie, lovely pic of Leo Laughing . Thanks for sharing. I'm glad Benji and the outside kitties are doing well too. Do you go out hiking today?
Grammadot, glad to hear you are getting more comfortable with your new dentals, though it still takes some time. Take it easy on the housework, it won't runaway.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: