BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Valentine's Day 2/14/2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:49 am    Post subject: Happy Valentine's Day 2/14/2013 Reply with quote

Prayers out to all!!!

I have chemo at 10:30 today Sad this crap makes me sooooo sick Sad I hate it!!!
I made this for the nurses so hopefully they will forgive me for being so CRABBY last week!
I didn't use the nuts cause a lot of people are allergic to nuts??

Saltine Cracker Candy
40 salted saltine crackers (or enough to line your pan)
1 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
(optional) 3/4 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 400.

Line a 9x13-inch pan with aluminum foil. Line pan with saltine crackers in a single layer.

In a small pot combine sugar and butter. Bring to a boil and continue boiling for 3 minutes. Mixture should be a deep caramel color. Immediately pour over saltines and spread to cover crackers completely.

Bake for 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over the top. Place back in oven for 1 minute. Remove from oven and spread melted chocolate chips over crackers. Top with chopped nuts. Allow to cool and break into pieces.

tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann Marie Thank you so much for the cards!!! Made me smile Very Happy

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Tango. sorry to hear that your treatments are being so rough on you. I could use any tips you have for my son who will be having chemo and radiation soon.
My coffee did not look like the one you posted, but it was good all the same.
**Pat, do you think you will be sewing more now that it will be in plain sight? I have a desk, and a cabinet filled with scrapbooking stuff, but unfortunately it doesn't inspire me to do any scrapbooking.
Two youngsters in the house, I am thinking your food bills will increase greatly if they are anything like my boys were/are.
**Ann, it is so nice that Jim takes an interest in cooking, that chicken dish sounds so so good and I know we would love it.
**Fan, it is good to hear that you are feeling better. Your pictures are amazing so of course you would get lots of hits. I haven't checked it out in a while, need to hop on over there soon.

We had some snow last night. It was rough getting home last evening. The snow was coming straight at the windshield and made you queasy trying to look where you were going. I am so glad that hubby was doing the driving. It was quite "interesting" driving without being able to see the lines on the road. Madison had a half day of school so we picked her up and took her shopping. She loved it hubby just didn't understand why it took so long. Men! Ha, ha. We went for shoes, but it turned out to be a workout outfit for her to wear for gym days. She looked quite cute in it and of course had to put it on the minute we got to her house. We bought her her first "bra" without calling it that. She didn't need it, but liked the way it looked under her workout shirt. Her mother saw the price tags and about fainted. (We got it on sale.) I told hubby that I couldn't imagine anyone paying the regular price.
No big plans for today, although I might make a dessert for hubby for Valentine's day. We decided we show each other love everyday, and don't narrow showing it down to just one day.

Hope everyone finds some sunshine and love in their day.
Welcome to the forums if you found your way here Brian.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, make it rock Laughing

We had a wonderful day, storm, rain, sleet, dark clouds, a bit of snow, lots of crashed cars, traffic jams, train delays and a shop screen covered with ice Laughing . Then there was me having to be the first one in the office to open up the joint today cause three of my five male colleagues deserted, leaving us three women in charge of the rest of the men. We sure were in lack of muscle power today. On a happier note they had a good run today serving coffee to us.
Tango, your coffee made my mouth water Wink I tried to pretend my coffee from the machine was as tasty as yours. It didn't happen. Sad I'm so sorry the chemo is giving you such a hard time. But I bet the nurses will love your Saltine Cracker Candy.
Nubbins, your place comes to live again. Just make sure you keep the remote control of the tv firmly in your hands Wink
PattiT, it must have been so nice to go out and have some fun with Madison. Glad you had such a fun day.
Ann-Marie, I already bought the oranges for the dish today Very Happy

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

We are up to 12 critters this evening. Day has gone quite fast.

PattiT & Fan - you both will have to let me know what you think of the chicken dish. I am already hungry for it again, can't get over how good it was.

{{{{{Tango}}}}} - that was the idea. Wink

Hope everyone has a peaceful evening,
Ann

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Valentine's Day!!

My daughter and Jim each dropped by and brought me flowers and cards. I feel so spoiled! Wink

Weather has just been cold and grey. Snow is melting a little, but more expected in the next few days. Nothing huge.

I'm recuperating from my dental work I had done. It's all Grandmadot' s fault!! She got me motivated to go do it and now she hasn't been on here for a few days... I hope she's doing OK. It's not easy, but I'm really glad I did it. I've been wanting to have them "fixed" for so many years.

Tango - Hope your treatment went well. I'm so sorry you have to go through that, but it will be so worth it!! How sweet of you to bring goodies for the nurses! I know they're lovin' that!

Pattit - Sounds like a fun shopping trip. You went for shoes and came home with a workout outfit... that sounds about right. You're training her right! I know what you mean about the price tags... isn't it crazy? I bought a tee shirt at Kohl's last week that said the orig price was $48 and I got it for $3 ! Who the heck pays $48 for a tee shirt?????

Fan - Your weather sounds yucky. But your day of outnumbering the men at the office sounded like fun. Put them to work serving coffee? Way to go!

Ann - 12 new customers on Valentine's Day? What a sweet present.

Nubbins - So you're going to have another man in the house? Sounds good to me..... especially if the new one is as sweet and helpful around the house as your grandson. Just don't spend all your time spoiling them.

{{{{Grandmadot}}} How are you doing? Are you OK?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: