BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Saturday Feb 16 and Sunday Feb. 17

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Saturday Feb 16 and Sunday Feb. 17 Reply with quote

This is me most mornings. I have two cups of coffee in me and am hoping it gives me the energy to get things ready for our overnight guest tomorrow. Madison will be coming since her daycare and school is closed on Monday. Of course you know I just hate when that happens, ha ha. We are going to their house tomorrow so hubby can help put a new floor in Madison's bedroom. Their elderly cat has destroyed the carpet in her room and it had to be ripped out.
It is looking kind of gloomy here. Not sure what weather might be headed our way. We had a light dusting of snow this morning when I looked out. It was raining when I went to bed.
I have to figure out what I am going to make with the ground beef I thawed for dinner tonight. My roasted carrots got a little over done last evening and set off two smoke detectors, that has never happened before. They were still good to eat, I forgot to stir them up half way through cooking or they wouldn't have gotten over done.
I feel bad, my best friend called me last night to ask about Nick, I had totally forgotten that I told her I would call as soon as I heard how Nick's Dr.s appt. went. She said she totally understood and offered all kinds of help for when I go to stay with Nick. Not sure when I will do that, but I think I will wait a while. They have help coming everyday for them now. They are in good hands.
So........ what is everyone up to today??

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a great Saturday Very Happy

What was I up to today? Hurting my bank account till the point of bankruptcy. Maybe I shouldn't have done my chores yesterday, cause emptiness...
I got an brochure from my optician about discounts on glasses. So I figured it wouldn't hurt to have my eyes checked again. Last time was already more than two years ago and that was for incorporating reading glasses into my regular ones for the first time. At that time the optician said it would be a good thing to check my eyes in about a year again, cause usually reading glasses needs some adjustment after a year. But I lived happily after, went on holiday, broke my hip, recovered and worked until some months ago when I noticed that reading did get a bit less easy again and remembered that over two years had passed in a blink of time. So having only a few chores today I decided to take on project optician after coffee this morning, resulting in a couple of brand new eye windows and a new frame at a shocking price of 600 Euros Shocked Shocked Evil or Very Mad And only because of the discount, otherwise it would have been 900. Health insurance is going to pay back 100 Euros, so in all I have to pay up 500 at the end of this month.
If I ever do start talking projects again, please be so kind to remind me to stick to household projects? Rolling Eyes For tonight I have sunshine chicken planned for dinner with some carrots I hunted down yesterday at the side.
PattiT, that's so sweet of your friend and luckily she understands you simply weren't up to telling her because of everything happening.

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning ladies. I am still having a few problems with my upper denture. I think I have a peice of tooth that he missed. I have to go back to the dentist on monday. ahopefully he can fix it without too much more pain. One of my dd's friends passed away this week that we have knowj for several years. She was 47 yrs old and had an aneurism. Her dd took her to the er and sent her back hoke and told her there nothing seriuosly wrong with her. The next day she took her back and they said "oh I guess you had an aneurism" So they sent her by ambulance to Vanderbilt. which is about 100 miles aaway. her dd s and brother got to the hospital before she did and they said that she was brain dead by the time they got there. The dr at Vanderbilt said that if she had gotten there 20 minutes earlier he could have saved her. Her kids are going to check into malpratice.
here is a picture of my pants I was wearing and I put them on the other day and could pull them out this far. They were a little big before but not this much. One good side effect of not being able to eat much. j
Hello and hugs to Tango. Pattit. Nubbins. Fan. Debbie. Martha. Carolyn and anyone I may have missed. I hope you are staying warm and getting as much rest and care as you need.
https://fbcdn-photos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/555994_10151316810518207_1188327483_n.jpg

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

It was a nice clear but cold day here in NY. Nothing much going on.

I am gradually getting used to my new teeth. It's really pretty funny. It's as though my mouth forgot how to chew and I have to try to retrain my lips and tongue and jaws on how to do this! It's alot more complicated than it always seemed. I made Shrimp Scampi for Jim and I last night. I could eat the linguini ok, but the shrimp were a challenge. I ended up cutting them into tiny little pieces. Everything is still swollen and healing, but it isn't too painful except when there is a spot where something is rubbing... I have to go in on Monday and have them grind down those areas a bit. But I think it's coming along pretty well. It's just kind of "uncomfortable" not "painful" - and I'm still glad I did it.

Grammadot - Glad you checked in, I was worried about you. Loved your "baggy pants" photo. Way to go!! I've lost 5 lbs so far but I've got a ways to go before anything is baggy!

Fan - That will teach you to fall for a sales brochure! It sounds like such a bargain the way they put it - doesn't it? Did you get bifocals? Well, in your business, you have to be able to read well.... so it will be money well spent. Take a photo and tell us how your Sunshine Chicken came out. I can't wait till I can try it too.

Pattit - Hope you enjoy your overnight with Madison. I know it will be an ordeal, but you can do it! Laughing Don't you hate it when you burn something and the smoke detectors go off and tell the whole world about it?? I do that every once in awhile and I have to run over to it and wave a dish towel in the air to get it to shut up! The kitties get all scared and nervous.

I rented a movie from Redbox at Wegmans. "The Robot and Frank" it was really funny in case you get a chance to see it.

Well.... Hi to anybody else that stops in!
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Patti to answer your ? from Wed. I agree 2 guys in the house is going to increase my cooking but our guest is going to add money to the food budget to cover himself. Should be interesting.

Martha & GMom- Once you have dentures - of any kind - you have to cut up your food in portions you would cut for a 5 year old child. You will find that you will have pieces of tooth working their way to the surface of your gums for years. Even if your teeth were surgically removed. Once they break thru the skin you can remove them yourself with tweezers.

Since I moved my sewing stuff into the living room all I have been doing is sewing. I made more pillow cases today to send to my niece. Need to start another flannel baby quilt for a girl. Neighbor is going to be a great-grandmom by the end of the month. Hope to start on it tomorrow. Mailed them some new baby clothes & a few flannel blankets but they were blue. They are living close to Big Bear Lake CA & they need heavier blankets.
Also made a baby sack out of fleece & faux sheep shearling to bring Little Emma home from the hospital.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{TANGO, CAROLYN, DEBBIE, NICK & PATTI}}}}}}}}}}}}}

y'ALL TAKE CARE...

NUBBINS1
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Didn't even bother to turn the computer on yesterday, didn't feel like it, too tired.

My sister use to cut her food up in tiny pieces when she first got her dentures, plus she was afraid of choking if she didn't. Like Martha said, it's a new experience and have to retrain every thing to eat properly.

Not much new, sent two critters out and we received one late Fri afternoon. I think we are at 9 or 10 critters.

Hope everyone is doing well. Going to get groceries later and kitty food.

Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great day Very Happy

I'd planned on checking in earlier, but just experienced a power outage of over an hour. Boooooring!
Ann-Marie, I made the Sunshine chicken recipe yesterday. Put a pic and some comments on the recipe thread. Sorry to hear you are feeling tired. Girl, you need Spring to kick in. Wink
Nubbins, you sound awfully productive to me on a lazy Sunday Laughing.
Martha, I usually throw sales brochures away immediately. Unfortunately this one reminded me of something that I should have taken care of last year. Yep, I did get bifocals. Can't do without in my job which is 95% reading, but having This is spam. Please don't click. glasses since I was 10 doesn't make it cheap. Glad your dentals are not too painful.
Grammadot, good job on the weight loss Smile. Hopefully it doesn't come back.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: