BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

S&S February 23rd&24th 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 7:21 am    Post subject: S&S February 23rd&24th 2013 Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a smashing weekend:D

Last weekend of February and it's still freezing cold today. Overheard some people talking about ice skating this morning Laughing I got out today to pick up my new glasses Very Happy The prescribtion had changed slightly, so it'll probably take one or two days to get used to them. When I got home the big blue tax envelope had arrived too Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Crying or Very sad It's tax season again.
So what are you all up to this weekend?

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO EVERYONE…..Sorry I have been MIA all week, but I have been feeling terrible, plus, no foot dangling off the side of the chair, it’s NOT healed any at all. Go back to the Wound Care Doc once a week and this coming Friday I go see a Vascular Dr. as there’s No Blood Pressure in that foot at all. Something positive better happen soon or I really start worrying. Jim and I are Both somewhat concerned as the Dr. and the nurses that we have had take care of my foot so far, seem to NOT to know what they are supposed to be doing. Plus the contradict each other too. Anyway Jim said one very important thing is to keep it elevated as much as possible so we can get the swelling down and it might start healing if it wasn’t always draining…plus now I have another spot on my leg. Jim has been doing most all the cooking. I did make a Meatloaf, But Jim had to bring me everything I needed and I sat at the dining room table with a big Cutting board. Made Potato Soup at the table the other day…it was very good…I surprised myself, I guess because If I feel bad, seems like my cooking suffers too.

Haven’t felt too much like doing much of anything. Jim has offered to take me out to dinner and I tell him Thanks, but not today. My 3 Grandchildren haven’t spent the nite for awhile. Cody did a few weeks ago and I told him not to look for me to inter-act with fun things as I was weak and sick. He loved staying and taking care of me!

**FAN,I’m excited…..another year of watching Sea Gull Babies grow up! I enjoyed you up-dates and pics. Of them last Spring! My golly ALL your meals through-out the week looked very good. Of course they always do! You have Daffodils blooming already? How cool is that. When we first moved here, we had a lot of Daffodils around, but the Squirrels or Deer or Both ate all the bulbs one year. I had to chuckle at myself as I was going to ask you if “Eye Windows” were “Eye Glasses” which I figured they were, then I seen where you mentioned them as glasses…I kinda like them being called Eye Windows!

**ANN, Got some Cold , Snowy and Windy weather I hear. Good if you can stay in and enjoy it from the warmth of your home. I’ll tell you, it has definitely been a weird winter…..a few days offspring like warm days and then a blast of fringed winter weather. I love to watch the kitties stretch out and bask in the warm sun. Andy use to follow the sun in the mornings…it was cute.

**PATTI, Well hello there “Special Grandma”. To hear Madison tell you here story about her friends must have made you smile from ear to ear. Like you said it’s always nice to know that they DO appreciate everything you do with them. Cody is ALWAYS telling me he loves me and I’m his favorite Grandma! Sorry to hear that Nick had to have more testing. I so will pray that when he and you get those results they will be clean and the Cancer will only be in that one spot!! ((PATTI & NICK)) Please keep us up-dated. Sorry to hear that you and your Sister are having a mis-understanding. Is this the Sister that you do things with…shopping, lunch ? That’s a shame you have apologized on your end and she’s not going to budge. I know exactly what you are going through. I have lots of sister and brothers and as far as I know I only have 1 sister and 1 brother that I’m close to……the others carry way to much un-necessary DRAMA around with them. Hey Cool about the house next door to you up fro sale. I pray you get good neighbors and they bring the house and property back a nice eye appeal! Sometimes it’s scary when you can’t pick your neighbors!

**CAROLYN, So sorry to hear that you have troubles around you. Tracey and her kids….is she staying with the looser Boyfriend? He more than likely Over-dosed so she would stay with him. She needs to start thinking of what is GOOD for HER and the CHILDREN. Then Sherry and her kids and the Divorce….her also needs to put HERSELF and the CHILDREN first. You and Charlie will be better if you stay strong and put yourselves first too. As for the bills and NOT having enough money to pay them or not eat..can’t do both. Does your State not have programs that offer low income families something like Food Stamps or help with doctors ….you know things like that? You need to check into it. Also with Everything that is wrong with your health, maybe you should try to get on Disability. Wouldn’t hurt to try. ((CAROLYN))

**MARTHA, Whistling wind, blowing Snow, 4iches at that….sounds like a day to stay in and read a book, watch the Marathon of some sit-com or bake cookies!Glad you are doing so well with your new teeth. My Jim needs his upper teeth done and I told him to get it done while we still have insurance….I might make him an appt.

PATTICAKE, You’re doing good with your new teeth too. Sounds like a really nice meal you ate a t Logan’s with your new teeth.

**VICKI, How wonderful that you were able to spend some time with the family. Doing some Grandma cuddling on that new baby? I always love having my Grandchildren around, unless I’m really sick. They bring so much love and joy to the home. Hope to see you here again soon. I know I’m gonna try harder.

** Hello to TANGO and NUBBINS. I think about all my friends here on BakeSpace and surely wanted to do a shout out to you girls too. Tango, Hope things are going as well as can be expected with your treatments. You seem to be keeping busy, so that is good. Nubbins, what’s been keeping you busy?

Well, I need to get off here, Jim is home from going out a getting us a Sub from Subway oh and a Lottery ticket. I would die if we ever won something big! Have a good week-end everyone. I love each one of you dearly! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Fan, I hadn't thought about it being the last weekend in February. It is a grey gloomy day here. I didn't do much today serious tummy troubles. I got some warm food in my tummy a little while ago and feel a little better. We really need to start figuring out our taxes soon, we don't think it is going to be good. Crying or Very sad
We are trying to figure out a good time to visit with Madison and family tomorrow.
Almost forgot, Nick only got two tests done yesterday and won't know the results until next week. He will be getting more tests done then also. I am really worrying about this all getting done, what seems to me to be so slowly.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

Gloomy and grey here. The temp is hovering right around freezing, so it's been rain mixed with snow. Ugh!

Fan - So how do you like your new glasses? Are they different frames than you had before? Whenever I get new ones, it takes me awhile to get used to how I look in them.... every time I walk past a mirror I do a double take and think "Who is that?" Did you get to freeze dry your laundry?

Debbie - Glad you stopped by - I worry about you. I can't believe the doctors are treating you like a non-urgent situation! How can you have no blood pressure and sores and pain in your foot... and yet they can't see you for another week??! I just don't get it! By the way, tell Jim to go ahead and get his upper teeth done. The uppers were a piece of cake... they felt fine after about two days and never bother me. The lowers are the hard ones to get used to and to "break in".

pattit - Sorry the testing with Nick is moving so slow, but that's just the way it is. It must be so nerve racking for you to wait! They haven't started any treatments yet? Did you work things out with your sister when she visited?

Grandmadot - How are you doing? I go back to the dentist on Monday... I'm hoping they soft line mine like they did yours. Are you eating normal food yet?

Ann - I know you hate this icy damp weather as much as I do! How are the outdoor kitties holding up?

Well, Hi to everybody else! {{{{Tango & Nubbins}}}}
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good evening all or should I say good morning. It is after midnight and am just now going to bed. Jeanna and I are at Krys's house working on 2 cakes. One is a small wedding cake for some friends of my gs Jimi and the other one is for a birthday tomorrow of 1 of Krys's friends. We are getting paid for them. Jim is at Jessica's house ( well our old house) He is helping his brother Buzzy work on the house. They have been redoing the kitchen. New flooring. cabinets. windows and lights. hopefully they will get a job close enough to there after Marc graduates so they can finish buying it from us.
I am staying at Krys's until monday. then she is taking me back up to jessica's.
Martha- I am still having problems eating solids. I have to cut things into really small peices. I have tried to take a bite of even a banana. Not happening yet. Seem to have more trouble with the tops of mine. I thought I was going to lose them out of my mouth the other day when we went to Logan's. lol
I told Jim if I ever get Alzheimer's I fould just take my teeth out and then I would know who I was. They have my name on them.!!!.
I have lost about 15 lbs so far since I got my teeth pulled. I am tickled!!!!. I bought a pair of size 12 skinny jeans today!! Whoo Hoo!!!! Last year I was wearing an 18.
Debbie- Yiur Jim should defintely do it while he has insurance cause it is not cheap. Hope you get to feeling better.
well I had better get some sleep. gotta help Krys decorate for that party tomorrow. Hello to everyone else.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Was a busy week at work, had critters come and go, think we are at 9 or 10.

Leo hasn't been feeling good the past few mornings, throwing up. He eats so fast then drinks a gallon water, nothing sets right. Sad We've got several spots that we need to hit with the rug scrubber, don't want it to leave a mark.

Martha - yeah, same weather sounds like. Rolling Eyes So ready for Spring!! But I think we got spoiled since we haven't had bad winters for the past few years, warm and rainy. We actually got cold weather this year and snow.

Debbie - sad when we are treated as a number at the doc's office. Sad Mad Hope you can get your legs/feet figured out and why you are having so many problems.

Talked to Mom earlier, she is doing well and she said Benji is doing 90% better. Very Happy

Helped the neighbor yesterday take care of a few things at his brother's house, moved stuff out, threw a lot of stuff out. His brother passed a way a week or so ago.

Hope everyone keeps warm today, looks to be about 27º. Brr!

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a great Sunday Laughing

I got the evening creeping up on me. Got up late, showered, hid a couple off eggs with salami in puff pastry
Wink, started a first round of boxing with my tax forms Twisted Evil , forgot about lunch and because of that making a dinner of roasted bell peppers, zucchini and chicken for an early dinner at 4 pm.

Very Happy . Now I still have some dishes, a batch of laundry going on and probably a late night snack.
Ann-Marie, are you going to take Leo to the vet? Glad to hear your Mum and Benji are doing well.
Grammadot, that's an awesome and thrilling side effect of the new dentures Laughing . Now you only have to make sure it stays off, I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Martha, it's a different frame allright. Checked my records this morning and noticed that I had been using the old frame since 2001 Laughing I did manage to dry freeze two batches of laundry. Only today's batch has to hang out indoors, cause it has been snowing and raining on and off all day. And I think it's exactly the kind of weather you had yesterday.
PattiT, hang in there. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.
Debbie, so glad you checked in. I was really getting worried about you. I sure hope the Vascular Dr. will be able to sort your feet out. Please take good care of your self. Keep your feet elevated, but don't forget to stand up and walk a few steps at regular intervals for a few minutes. There's always the risk of thrombosis if you are only sitting down with your legs elevated.
Gotta go for now, I still have a questionaire about the parking facilities in my street waiting for me. Better get that out of the way. TTYL.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: