BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

WEDNESDAY, Feb. 27, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:54 am    Post subject: WEDNESDAY, Feb. 27, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We've had rain since late yesterday afternoon. Sleet every once in a while hitting the windows. The temp is showing as 38º but as the day goes on it's to get colder and snow.

PattiT - what did you think of the chicken? I loved the orange rice!! Smile

Curious to see what we have in critter count when I go in today.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, make it rock Very Happy Cool

I've been quite busy at the office today, planning and scheduling next week's move and starting to prepare the move after this one. Our facility manager had scheduled a maintenance project involving the whole building just now when I'm about to move materials in and out without telling me. So I had to reschedule my project and discuss it with the project leader in order to keep my projects running too Rolling Eyes .
After dinner I had a meeting with the committee, therefore dinner had to be quick and easy... Red hot curry coconut milk soup with spinach, carrots and chicken.

Ann-Marie, I loved the orange rice too, only my chicken came out a bit on the dry side.
PattiT, how did your chicken turn out?

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had some boneless skinless chicken thighs in the freezer so that is what I used in the Sunshine Chicken recipe. I thought that would be a good idea since others had said the chicken had been on the dry side. The thighs remained moist. We really liked this recipe also. Thanks Ann for posting such a great recipe.
Didn't get too much accomplished today, I was waiting to hear about the testing that Nick had today. The only thing the tests were for today was his lungs, the person administering the test said unofficially everything seemed fine with his lungs. I am relieved by that, but we are very worried about his heart. They haven't done the electrocardiograph yet. Hopefully soon.
**Fan, your work place sounds very stressful right now. Your soup looks beautiful.
**Ann, we loved the rice also. I am looking forward to the leftovers.

Have a nice evening everyone.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everybody!

I went to the dentist yesterday and she put what is called a "soft liner" in my new teeth. What a difference! Now they don't rub anywhere and they don't move around at all. Yay, I guess I'm over the hump! Jim says I still look a little like I have a wad of chewing tobacco in my lip (he can be so sensitive!) but I think that's only because there is still some swelling going on.... even though it isn't bothering me. It's just so great not to hurt all the time.

I went to see the guy who does my taxes today. I'm getting a refund!! I was sure I would owe something!! Oh.... did I tell you guys that my daughter found a buyer for her house? The closing is tomorrow. What a load off my mind. And my daughter won't have to pay the gas and electric on two houses any more!

The weather was terrible today. Rain mixed with snow = slush about 6" deep!! Ugh! It's supposed to be like this for a week or so. Spring... where are you???
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY BIRTHDAY VICKI

Hi Girls....Well, I'm headed into Thursday's time frame as it's almost Mid-nite, but I just now got back in here from this morning. I think Jim and I both have our days and nites mixed up, because we go to bed late and sleep til late! We were talking this evening about how bad my health has gotten this past year and He and I both it's just a matter of time before I end up back in the hospital unless I nip it in the bud right now. So we are going to Get out a try to find some Sunshine and on rainy cold snowy days go to our Mall and do some window shopping, something just to get out. Right now with the heal of my foot all a mess, Jim will need to take my wheelchair, but later on I need to try some walking as I'm very shakey and not steady on my feet! About the foot Dr. I see him again Monday BUT Tomorrow Friday 3-1, I see the Vascular Dr. and yes, it'll be interesting to see what he says about "Why I DON"T have a pulse in my right leg down to my toes"! The wound care DR. wants to order a skin grafting for my heel...not skin from me but skin made in a lab! I can only see $$$$$$ signs.
)n a better note concerning money, Jim did our taxes and last year we had to pay to the State and Federal, this year, just the State. We ALWAYS have to pay State, Jim keeps raising the amount taken out of his check and it never seems to help with the State...made a difference in the Federal! Oh well, the State will get Property tax too and Personal Property tax...which I think is ridiculous!
Tiffany's 31st Birthday is Saturday, so Jim and I are taking her and the kids out for her birthday dinner....restaurant of her choice....she wants Mexican! I find it so hard to believe that she is 31 already, I remember when I was 31, she was just a year old and I can look at her Daughter Avayah look at Tiffany when she was that young...that look that much alike! Jim and I are bringing the kids back to the house , they want to spend the nite Friday nite, Tiffany is gonna pick them up Saturday and take them to the Mall!
I just did a Breathing treatment and sitting here typing I hear kitty noises.....actually it's me wheezing.Sure hope it hurry up and draws all this crap out of my lungs so I can breath.

**ANN, I need to jump over to the Recipe section and get that Chicken recipe. Everyone seems to love it so I let Jim try it out on us! He's my cook now, when he gets a job, I'll have to hire a cook, unless I'm better by then. Still around 9 or 10 on the little Critters? Good place for them though, in where it's warm! I seen where you mention Benji was about 90% better...that's wonderful! Your Mom will be lost if something ever happens to him.

**FAN, OH, I hate that when a Manager thinks that their plans within the office are the ONLY ones that matter. It would have been nice if you were ask if you had anything planned, at least they could have pretended to care, ya know?? Of course if I remember this time from last year...it was a night-mare then too. I'll be glad when it's over for you. Your Soup looks good.....although I'm not fond of HOT stuff (well except Jim...LOL) and I have never eaten anything made with Curry.

**I pray for Nick and You everyday, sometimes multiple times. I so can put myself in YOUR place (because I'm a Mother) with the amount of worry you are dealing with. That has to be a little bit of good news though about nothing found in the Lungs. You know a person seems to take their body for granite and I was one of them that did just that. But it wasn't until I got really sick with one thing and another, that I realized that the body is very Complex. Everything inside you has to work together or should I say needs to work together. Everything from a small little Mineral to the air we breath in our lungs and everything in between ...it all comes together as one to keep us going! Sorry my typing keys took on a life of it's own, I guess what I'm trying to say, most of us only realize this either when we get older or have a loved one get sick. You have by now read your fair share of Lymph -node cancer and know alot more about since Nick's diagnosis! Anyway, Keep the Faith and I'll keep praying for you and Nick!

**MARTHA, Woo Hoo...a soft lining help you a great deal.....wonderful! And not hurting all the time, in a couple weeks you probably won't have any pain! You are just full of all kinds of good news my friend, Getting a refund is awesome...now will that be Vacation money when you go out West. Is that trip still on? Yea! Your Daughter sold her house, took a little while, but eventually they DO sale. My Sister & her hubby had theirs on the market for a few years. I think in that time frame they took it off for 3 months or so. Your wintery slush sounds ucky,,,,we had rain for about 3 days now, but I think it's done, might start snowing Friday though...it's starting to get cold again too. Definitely not my kind of weather either!

Well, I gotta go tinkle, get my jammies on and find the boys and get us all to bed. The dog loves to sleep with us, which I guess is our fault for not stopping it before it got started, but if he'd lay the same direction as Jim and I that wouldn't be so bad, he has to lay crosswise in between us,poor Jim has no leg room and neither do I. I told Jim a few weeks ago, It's either me or the dog and the other nite I told him I was going to get me a bed and make my bedroom in this bedroom where the computer is. Why? You still love me don't you? Yes, But I Have to have some sleep, I'm lucky to get 3 to 4 hrs. sleep through the evening. OK, I'm done chattering aimlessly! Tomorrow is going to be a busy day as Tiffany is coming over to clean and then if it's not raining Jim and I are going to the store.....But I'll try real hard to stop in! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: