BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Happy Thursday 2/28/2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:30 am    Post subject: Happy Thursday 2/28/2013 Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

I've seen a glimpse of the sun today Very Happy . And the snow drops have opened their bells too.

Yet I didn't get to enjoy it, sitting in the office. Sad .
Debbie, I really hope everything goes well at the Dr's tomorrow. Congrats on Tiffany's B-day coming Saturday.
Martha, congrats on the potential buyer. I keep my fingers crossed. Sounds like it really was your day yesterday.
Ann-Marie, 15 critters? You'll be running today. Have fun.
PattiT, next time I'll make Sunshine chicken I will use skinless thighs too.
Have a fun day everybody, I'm leaving the office Very Happy Laughing TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

Just wanted to update
So yesterday I had my own room & had only ONE CHAIR in it. Was way more roomy than the other one. Only cell service sucked in there!! Was right by the in-coming door & everyone coming in had to look in my room I felt like a circus monkey!!! LOL Wasn't so great when they gave me a new Anti-nausea med in the IV made me nausea??? Plus it added 30 more minutes to my already 6 hours?? No THANKS!! Oh & I have a high white count so they put me on antibiotics, some of the side effects are crazy!!! It's Ciprofloxacin 500 mgs twice a day!!
So the GOOD NEWS!!! Chemo is working!!!! Has shrunk the tumor!!! So only have to go thru the rest of round 3, than one more round!!!!!!!!!!!!! So last chemo should be March 28th!! PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Than on to Chapel Hill to find out when surgery is, CT scans, etc.........

Hope all have a great day
Thank you all for the hugs & Prayers!!!!

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango, that's great news Very Happy . I'm so happy for you. I know it sounds weird while you are feeling so miserable because of the chemo, but it's finally some good news. I'll keep on praying for you, hang in there.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Laurie, I am so thrilled to read the good no great news from you!! Sorry about the nausea and hopefully you will have no side effects from the antibiotic. I will be praying for you to keep doing better and better. Hang in there honey.
**Fan, beautiful snow drops. We had the leftover Sunshine Chicken for dinner and we thought it tasted even better today. I hope the weather cooperated and you had a nice trip home. Soon it will be time to have cocktails outside!!
**Debbie, I am so glad you checked in. I sure hope that the Dr. takes your problems seriously. I am very worried about you. I want to thank you for your prayers for Nick. I know you are looking forward to spending time with your grandchildren on their over night visit. They will be sure to bring many smiles to your face and Jim's also.
**Martha, wonderful news from you also. It has to be such a great relief for your daughter to have sold her house. I am glad your dentist was able to get your teeth to feeling better.

I got a call today, Nick's tests are back. They had a consultation with the Dr. and he said that the PET scan found cancer in the left side arm pit, his left clavicle, his left "boob?" and in his groin. He has stage 4B Hodgeskin's lymphoma. He will begin chemo next Friday and will need to undergo chemo for 4 to 8 months. Tina said she started crying when they said Nick had stage 4, but the Dr. said that in this kind of cancer stage 4 is not as bad as stage 4 in other types of cancer. Luckily his heart has not been affected. They gave Nick some mari*juana in pill form to increase his appetite. He thinks it hasn't helped him any, but knowing what he had been able to eat, and what he has been eating the last couple of days I think it has helped a lot. He is going to get a case of Ensure next time he goes to the Dr.s. I am on pins and needles wondering how this is all going to turn out. I am trusting the power of prayer and that God will not let him suffer for too long.

Sorry if I talk too much about this, but you girls have been such a blessing to me in helping me keep my head up through this. Thank you all.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: