BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ St. Patrick's WEEKEND - MARCH 16 & 17, 2013 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: ~ St. Patrick's WEEKEND - MARCH 16 & 17, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I'm seeing a lot of green this week... including the downtown river. Are you having Irish themed week or weekend? Due to a sale this week, we've already enjoyed corned beef and potatoes. What fun incorporating the leftover corned beef into a few other meals.

Have a great day!
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for typing the wrong dates for this weekend. Then, I headed out the door finish errands before Adam, Melissa, and family arrive this afternoon. (There is no way that we were still in February!) Rolling Eyes

~~Vicki

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Vicki and everybody els hopping in, have a smashing St Paddy's weekend Very Happy

No corned beef and potatoes here, just cake and cake and cake.... Today I've been buying lots of cakes, for the pet shop, my sis and BIL and since I was in cake heaven any way I bought an apple cheese cake for taking to the office on Monday Laughing . But it all leaves me without appetite for dinner, so I'm going for a Börek and a bit of salad. Managed to squeeze a bit of cleaning too. Tomorrow I plan on finishing my taxes Twisted Evil .
Vicki, what are you going to do with the leftover corned beef? Sounds like you are in for a fun weekend.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fanmajie wrote:
Vicki, what are you going to do with the leftover corned beef?

Fan - Do you celebrate Saint Patrick's Day with cakes, or are the cakes used for a different celebration?

Regarding the leftover corned beef:
-- breakfast - onions, potatoes, green peppers, corned beef, and eggs
-- lunch - sandwiches: corned beef, Swiss cheese, and cole slaw

The remaining leftover corned beef is now frozen for Reuben Soup in a week or two.

~~Vicki

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, Saint Patrick's day is not being celebrated in the Netherlands. The cakes was just to celebrate my sis and my BIL coming to see me and the fact that he'll be seeing Abraham in another three weeks. Laughing Laughing But once I started buying cakes I kind of went bizirk, I guess.
I'd love to try the sandwiches with corned beef. They really sound yummy.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Been busy working around here, spent so much time fixing up the back room that the rest of my house kind of went to pot. Thought I was going to need a shovel to remove the dust bunnies.

MMMMMM corned beef ... I buy 3 each month ... cook it in the crock pot - cover with water add some extra Pickling Spices & let it cook on low all night.

Get out the Jewish seeded rye & mustard and GS & I are in heaven. I love it with cabbage & potatoes too but a sandwich is my favorite. I have noticed lately tho that they are getting smaller & the price keeps climbing.

Fan-will let you know later about the joys Shocked of living with two 20 somethings. Let the newness wear off & reality set in. Laughing Been watching a vet show on the National Geographic channel. He is from your country. His name is Jan Pol, seems like a great guy & a fantastic vet. His brother & his wife visited a few shows back & his name is also Jan Pol a retired farmer.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TOP OF THE MORNING TO YA.....

Wow, I beat the Roosters up this morning! I've been keeping myself very busy for the past few days, that I have been going to bed by no later than Mid-nite. Friday, I washed, hauled and froze a flat of the Sweetest Strawberries ever. Bought them off the boys for their school. I'm going to take a quart of of the freezer this morning, put just a wee amount of sugar on them (only because I want some syrup) Make a Strawberry or Vanilla cake and some Vanilla Ice Cream and that will be dessert today! I've been ordering these Petite 4 oz. Sirloin from QVC.....so tender and Delish...so Jim will fix those for diner,and we'll split a bake Potato and he makes the worlds Best Steamed Broccoli too.

Kujo has been very sick for the past couple weeks and Jim and I had discussed putting him down...well let's say I discussed it. Jim said as long as he's in no pain, he couldn't make that kinda call. I ordinarily couldn't either, but with Jim NOT working and money will be getting tight, we really couldn't afford a huge Vet bill. So I told him, let's take him to the Vet and see if they can find out his problem for a reasonable price and go from there. So with almost $400.00 in a Vet bill, and lots of testing, we Still don't know why he stopped eating, drinking lots of water. All his test came back OK, and we still have a test to do this Friday....one for like Liver cancer. The Vet, bless her heart , you can tell that she really has a Passion for the Fur-babies, Right now he is on Meds for Nausea, anti-biotic and a Steroid and a Bland diet of Cook Chicken and Rice, that of which I made him yesterday morning. This morning I'm going to fix him a scrambled egg, just to change it up some.

Today I have a SAD Heart, as it's been 5 yrs. ago today that my Mom passed away! I still miss her as much as I did, but know that she is not suffering any longer. Our loved ones really Never leave us, oh the do in the body form, but we still have such wonderful Memories of Mom and all the things she loved, especially her Family! Anyway, I'll go to the Cemetery, been needing to go there anyway, just been to sick!

Tiffany and the kids spent the day with us yesterday and I had soooo many things to do in the kitchen that Cody, Avayah and myself kept busy most all day. Blake played with his DS...so I started to delegate him a few chores to do....for the simple reason as this comment that Avayah said. I told Tiffany how good the kids were yesterday and how helpful they had been to me and Avayah pops up and says..."Does that mean you are going to pay me?" NO! Back up real quick to fixing Kujo the Chicken and Rice well you would had thought those kids had never eaten before.so I gave them each a bite of chicken and I saved about 1/2 bag of the Success Rice, put some Butter, salt and pepper on it and if I say so myself, something so simple sure DID hit the spot. So I tell kids I ought to make some Rice for lunch...they were all for that, so I fixed the Last 3 bags of rice and believe it or not it was all eaten!

**VICKI, Your ideas of what you'll be using your Corn Beef reminded me of my Grandfather....he loved his Corn Beef and Ruben Sandwiches on Rye! Have a nice visit with Melissa and the children!

**FAN, Cakes, Cakes and more Cakes! And the Apple Cheesecake sounds divine. I bought one of those at our Sams Club and it was to die for, and to this day I keep checking on the case wondering if they are ever going to get another in....so far NO! Taxes...Yuck I think I hate them. But ours are done and paid for finally!

**PAT, So updated me if you will....new house guest? One of your Grandsons friends? I sure hope they don't take advantage of you. Twenty something huh? Now that could prove to be interesting.

*** To anyone else I I may have missed I try and stop back in today! But Hello to you all too.

I guess have been on the computer long enough, it's day break now and time to go take my Meds. I'll let Jim sleep some as it's was 2:30 before he came to bed. Hope everyone has a great day! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

My taxes are finished and done, I probably still have to pay some Evil or Very Mad But my dining table is decluttered Laughing .
Nubbins, I'm watching that show too. Smile I don't know him, but his appearance does have something Dutch. Something in his body language tells me he is Dutch.
Debbie, sounds like you are going to have a busy day. Poor Kujo, I hope the vet will be able to get him back to his old self again. How old is he know? I know what you mean with a sad heart. Last october it was 12 years since my mum passed away and in April this year it'll be 12 years that her dad, my granddad, passed away. Talked about it with my sis yesterday.
Myo is a happy trooper today, no men around and her "mummy" all to her self. Right now she cuddled her self up under the plaid, totally off this world.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: