BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, March 11th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: MONDAY, March 11th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Wow, what a beautiful day we had yesterday!! It started out a bit cloudy and had a quick rain shower but the rest of the day was wonderful. We went to Elk Creek then over to Asbury Woods so we could walk and I could take pictures. Lots of green things popping up through the ground but no flowers yet. Wink Smile

Fan - Spring starts on the 20th of March here in the USA. But we could still get a good snow for St. Paddy's day or even for Easter. I do remember an Easter when I was young, it was hot in the church they had to open all the windows, doors and even turn on the ceiling fans. Shocked

If anyone is still getting blank emails from me, please let me know. Don't know if it has to do with my server or my antivirus. They updated and now I keep getting an error when my computer starts up. Rolling Eyes Remember if they are blank, don't open just delete. Thanks!

Better get around here, need to leave shortly.

Take care,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Ann, I got a blank one a while back and then three when I checked my e-mail yesterday. I opened them all, I hope nothing bad happens. Sounds like you had a nice day with going to Elk Creek and Asbury Woods. We had a really nice day also. I got out to empty my compost container and that was about it. Been having terrible pains under my rib cage on the right, will call the Dr. when I get off here.

I wanted to make sure to let you know that I saw on FaceBook that Debbie might be coming home today. I sure they have solved some of her problems before they send her home!

Nick had a "good" day on Saturday. Not himself, but so much better than last time I saw him. I heard Sunday was a bad day for him though. I know that there will be more bad days than good for a while. I just hate to see him struggling with this. Tina has to give him shots in his stomach, was there for the first one of those. She said I give my dog insulin shots twice a day, but this was way different. She didn't like doing it, but like with everything she has been doing whatever he needs done. I told her last night that she is a God send. I sure couldn't have picked a better person to help him through this. She has read all the literature they give her at the hospital and makes sure he eats everything he is supposed to, makes sure he is getting outside everyday. Got him a silk pillowcase and has her mom knitting him a cap that looks like a beard is attached, so funny. She said the Dr.s and nurses expect to him start feeling really bad on day 17 after the chemo. We discussed sleeping arrangements when I come to help. I am going again on the 23rd and will stay overnight. I had my bags all packed to stay this last time but it seemed like he was doing alright so I came home. He has a side effect of hiccups already, but upon reading about it Tina said it is a good thing, it means he will have less nausea and vomiting. I will keep my fingers crossed that it is a good thing. I think he might end up getting sore from it. Okay enough about that chapter.

**Martha, I somehow think you are not done with snow yet. I have heard that cats will act like that if the other cat is a male, but with females they are much friendlier. They don't want to compete with another male in their territory. Good to hear that your mouth is feeling better and better.
**Nubbins, I hope they get your internet fixed, that would be very frustrating. I did enjoy my visit with Nick, he hugged me a few extra times. He is very frail though. His nickname used to be Nick the Stick because he was so skinny and he told me that he had lost 20 pounds on his frame, that is a lot. On mine.........probably wouldn't even notice.
**Fan, yummy food pictures again. We are having eggs for dinner tonight. I bought some yummy sourdough bread at Trader Joe's in Philly. That was our last stop as we were leaving Philly. I told the clerk I wished there was a Trader Joe's near us and small world she used to live very near us.
**Gramma, is Jessica and family doing the remodeling themselves? I am always envious of people that can do things like that. I bet it will feel good to be home after being gone for so long. But the down side will be that you will miss Jessica.
**Carolyn, hope things are improving on your homefront.
**Laurie, hope things are going well for you. I think of you often.
Sorry if I missed anyone.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

good morning Ann, Pattit, and whoever else comes on today.
We are back home now, Jim was getting low on his meds so we had no choice but to come on back.
I could have stayed a little longer. John is getting so big and smart now. He recognizes more now. He saw my picture on FB and said "Gma" and as soon as I walked in the door the other day he said it too.with a big smile on his face.Had to give me a big hug and slobberry kiss when we got ready to leave.
Pattit- sounds like Nick has some good help and support system. I know you want to be there with him the whole time though. I know I would.
Yes Jessica and Marc are trying to do all of the work themselves except the electrical and they had Lowe's come in and replace the windows and the back patio door. Jim and his db helped with the countertop and sink while we were there. They tred to get the lights working that her and a friend tried to install but didn't have any luck with so they will have to call an electrician, which they should have done to start with. They are putting in recessed lights instead of the florescent ones that were there.
Ann-I got a few from your email too, I didn't open them since they didn't have a subject like you usually send though.
Martha- everyone has been telling me I sound fine most of the time, but I think I sound wierd. I have an appt next monday for my next checkup and probably another soft liner put in. I hope so, cause they are feeling loose again. I am eating a little better now, but still have problems with biting down on things. I have lost about 20 pounds now.Still could lose a little more. I am trying to get Jim tostart walking everyday, so maybe that would benefit us both. I don't want to start gaining it again.. He is having some issues with getting out of breath very easily. He could stand to lose about 20 or 30 lbs too.
Hello to Fan, and anyone else I may have missed.
{{{Debbie}}}
{{{Carolyn}}}
{{{tango}}}}
I had better get busy , just laying around so far this morning.

Here is Jessica and John in her kitchen, She still has to put the doors back on, I thought this picture was cute. John was trying to get her to come into the living room with him.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grammadot, wonderful pics. You look good having lost weight. Keep it of by walking and get your man with you. Indeed it'll benefit both of you, if it's not for the weight loss, consider the improvement in physical condition, balance and coordination. And the chance to talk things over in a relaxed atmosphere.
PattiT, how wonderful for Nick having Tina around. She sounds very capable in dealing with Nick and at the same time informing you about things going on.
Ann-Marie, I was getting blank emails too. Nothing happened so far cause I rarely open emails, most of the time the preview mode tells me enough whether it needs opening or not. Spring starts March 20th in Europe too, but as setting the clocks for Summertime we are waiting till the last weekend of March. Today we had quite a bit of snow in the east and south of the country which is unheard of for March. I have no recollection of any snow close to even an early Easter. But I do remember warm sunny weather at late Easter having coffee and a picnic at the waterside as a child. Even had a sunburn once Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read on the Avast website lots of people were having problems with it since it updated - more the mail shield not working properly. Hoping that's all the problem was. Did run an antivirus scan and a Spybot Search & Destroy scan yesterday, nothing showed up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: