BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

THURSDAY, March 14th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: THURSDAY, March 14th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

{{Debbie}} - so glad you are back with us! Smile Very Happy

Martha - nothing special here for St. Patty's day. I found a really good recipe for corned beef/cabbage/potato hash but I can't find the darned recipe. Confused Mad

Fan - it's so satisfying to have a house painted and cleaned up, makes it feel so fresh and so new again. Smile

We sure had some major snow showers yesterday...couldn't see the bay at times. Crazy. Just think 6 more days and it'll be Spring!! Very Happy Surprised Very Happy Easter is early this year so we could still get some snow for that too.

Was busy at work yesterday, 12 critters but I think one went home but they were setting up to get another little critter when I left.

Better get around here, need to leave shortly.

Take care,
Ann

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good afternoon everyone. Yesterday we had a birthday dinner for Madison here. One uncle was a no show, once again, but other than that it was very nice. Madison was funny, she wanted everyone to go in the living room and I would dish the desserts and she would serve everyone.
I straightened up this morning and cleaned out the Keurig. Exciting huh. I talked to Nick yesterday and he sounded like he was doing a little better than he has been. I hope it lasts more than a day this time.
I just got Madison's birthday gift we bought her in the mail. Not sure how I will wrap a rug. I might not bother since she picked it out so it isn't really a surprise.
I was surprised when I took the trash out this morning and their was snow on the lid, no where else??
I got a rather strange looking e-mail from Debbie, did anyone else get one? I didn't open it, did anyone else?
**Ann, seems like the critter count has been staying pretty high. Keeps you busy I bet. My son said he ran into snow shower when he went for his run yesterday. I didn't notice any, but then I was pretty busy.
**Martha, no special food here for St. Patty's day. We have too much turkey to be eaten. I am glad that I had some takers yesterday to take home lots of red velvet cupcakes, I don't like things like that sitting around to tempt me.

Really windy here today, if it is windy where you are be careful not to blow away,

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:22 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

Hell out there is everyone sleeping today been very quiet here.
Its not windy here patti just cold this morning at 0 temp. the sun is out now and about 30d. we keep getting snow and more snow we have more snow now in my yard than i can remember ever. Are drive way is a sheet of ice i would need ice scates to walk on it the sun shine makes it look like glass.
not much different with the family life except for i a lonesome without my grandkids here. to quiet. my dog is pretty much sleeps all day now he has arteritis and has a hard time to walk. he goes in and out just enough to do his duty and wants back in sure not the dog we are used to having very energetic .
Ann looks like your busy at work i need to find a part time job soon.
Deb glad your back and ok you put a scare in us.
Patti glad your son is doing better hope it keeps on. I have not do baking at all in the last month lost my energy besides we dont need it now that the kids a gone. Re velvet cupcakes do sound good though.
Well better go find out whats for dinner .

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

WELCOME HOME DEBBIE Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
I like the sound of your new attitude.

Carolyn...hang in there...maybe you will get used to the quiet in your home.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((TANGO DEBBIE NICK & PATTI)))))))))))))))))))))))))

Had the net repair guy here this morning at 8:30, hopefully it is now fixed. Told him it was sad when you had to put phone/internet repair # on speed dial. Shocked

Y'all take care & be well...

nubbins1
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

It's still freezing cold here with snow in the morning and without snow in the evening. The painter blokes are still busy and my wallet is getting emptier. Rolling Eyes . They even offered to come in on Saturday Shocked . Told them no way, I need my sis and BIL to my self on Saturday. Laughing , even if the house is totally dusty and in a freaking state of disorder. Tomorrow I only have a half day at the office. Hopefully I get the chance cleaning up a bit after they have finished for the day.
Nubbins, so far it looks as if your repairman did his job. Glad to see you posting again. How's living in a plural men's household? Wink
Ann-Marie, my house is far from clean right now. I may have to wait for a good cleaning up for another week Rolling Eyes . I can't wait for them to finish and enjoy a clean house. Have fun at work.
PattiT, I didn't get any e-mails from Debbie. Glad Nick had a better day yesterday. No wind over here, pretty unusual this time of the year.
Carolyn, do you have ice skates? Poor dog, it must awful for him in this cold. How old is he now?
Martha, for the time being cocktails are on Saturdays due to a few people's busy social agenda's. Laughing Laughing
Debbie, how are you feeling today?
Better pack my things for tomorrow, want to make an early start and early go at the office. Besides I'm slowly falling into pieces. Laughing Laughing

知人者智,自知者明
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2013 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO GIRLS.......THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR THE WELCOME BACK......I TOTALLY MISSED YOU ALL!!

~~~~~I HAVEN'T sent anyone any E-Mails!!! Shoot I don't go there anymore!!~~~~~~~~~~

I totally wanted to be here first thing this morning, BUT I must have over done yesterday. I felt weak and was having a pain in the top part of my Lungs and through my back that even Advil wouldn't ease up. Plus I feel very nervous ya know shaky kinda nervous? I'm not sure if it might be some of these new Meds. they have me on for a while. I will ask the Doc. I laid down with the Bi-Pap for an hour this afternoon, so I do feel a wee bit better.

It's a Beautiful Blue sky day here. Birds are chirping and fluttering around looking for nesting areas and stuff to build their nests. I usually start throwing out some lint from the dryer for them to use. They love the stuff, I guess because it's so soft.

I've been brain storming about what to fix for dinner tonite. Yesterday when we went to Kroger we had the Meat cutter guy package us up 2 1ib. pkgs. of Gr. Chuck. The difference in it and the already pkg. stuff is like day and nite. Anyway, I thought I'd talk with Jim and see about Us making some Meatballs and having Spaghetti and a Tossed Salad.

**ANN, I hate that you have been so busy at work. How many hours do you usually work. I know here in our area, it's 12 hr. days. 12 Critters most ALL the time.....must be something in the water....LOL! You were talking about painting...we need to do that too....actually should have a few yrs. back. You know they have paint that doesn't smell now? When we moved in this house it was in Dec and we couldn't open windows if we wanted......never did smell any paint fumes. Good luck!

**PATTI, Bless your heart, I can only imagine how you must be feeling right now. I know you probably wish Nick lived closer to you so you could Hug him everyday!. Glad to hear so far he is tolerating the Chemo Treatment. And Praise the Lord that the Cancer was NOT in his Bones or Marrow!!!!!! Wow, the Power of Prayer never ceases to Amaze me! I missed little Madisons B'Day. I do however have her a card here to send out, hopefully tomorrow. Glad she had a nice party. Grandmas always try to make things so Special. I'm very impressed with her Swim meets. To bad there is that one snotty girl. So how are you feeling? I worry about you too my friend. Just know I am keeping you and Nick in my Daily Prayers! ((Patti))

**CAROLYN, Good to see you posting again. Keep it up and we will call you a regular poster! But really it is good seeing you on-line more. Sorry to hear you are lonely and wanting the house full of Grandkids back...but it the Grand scheme of things that's Not how things are supposed to be. You were there when you Daughter and kids needed you most, now it's time for them to make their own way. Shoot who knows, sometimes you will see them MORE that if they did still live there. After you get accustom to the quietness around you, make time for YOU! There is so many things you can do, from getting a part-time job...that might take your mind off how bad and in how much pain you are in, OR you could find a Hobby, for the same reason OR you could Re-Organize you house. Things will look up, you just have to push ahead and throw out the Negative thinking and replace it with the positive. Hey, that's what I'm gonna do. I will keep praying for you . ((CAROLYN))

**FAN, OH No..did I miss my Fav. Netherlands girl? Are you on Assignment OR Vacation. I know the last time I read your posts you were very busy at work.

**TANGO, How are you doing girl? Are you doing OK with the Chemo Treatments. I think I read a week or so ago, you were feeling pretty good. That kinda news made my Heart sing with Joy! Once again I say "Praise the Lord"!

**MARTHA, I know it's sorta old news by now, but I think I read that your Daughter Finally sold her House! Sometimes it takes awhile, but there is usually someone out there that will love and take care of your home...or at least that's what my Sister says. Corn Beef and Cabbage...not a big fan of Corn beef either. Love the cabbage part though. Matter of fact I bought a small head of Cabbage yesterday. The Homemade Bread sounds sooooo good!

**PAT, Sorry to hear that Oui was sick and couldn't make your luncheon! At least you have it re-scheduled. Rented a VW Bug! Oh does that ever bring back memories. My X had 2, one only had 3 miles on it when we drove it off the parking lot. This was 1973! He was in the Marine Corp, stationed in NC and his best buddy from school was there too. One week-end, we decided we wanted to make a quick trip to OH, and his buddy ask if he could catch a ride. Oh Hell yes, my X said. I about killed him. Not because he let him hitch a ride with us, I'd didn't mind that.....I minded the fact that I, little ole me got put in the BACK with the seat laid down and Our 2 German Shepherds and sat there the whole trip home. But yes, they are a fun little car to drive.

**VICKI, How are you doing? Been spending lots of time with those Grandkids and your Daughter? Tiffany will be starting Cosmetology School next Tuesday and we are supposed to do a Girls day out...lunch and shopping. Jim has a friend he has been wanting to get with about job prospects, so I think they will do do that day too.

Well girls, I really need to get off here. Jim has walk in awhile back and we've already discussed the Spag. and Meatball idea, Jim said he was still pretty full from lunch and my taste buds are off because of the tubing they had down into my Lungs, even my voice is way off....anyway, we'll have something. Hope everyone has a great relaxing evening and I'll be chatting with ya! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: