BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

It's the weekend, May 11th&12th 2013
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:54 pm    Post subject: It's the weekend, May 11th&12th 2013 Reply with quote

Wakey, wakey everybody, have a smashing weekend Very Happy

Join me for a breakfast of yummy strawberries on Holland rusk with coffee Very Happy

Today I'm gonna start with the newspaper followed by coffee at the pet shop, need to get some clay litter box clumps for Myo.
Yesterday's party was lovely. Quite a few patients, former patients, colleagues and shopkeepers from my street showed up. They had wonderful snacks and lots of smoked salmon and smoked eel. No need to cook any dinner afterwards Wink .
Ann-Marie, glad you had such a good time outside yesterday. Our weather should improve a little in order to do that. Today has started with very dark rain promising clouds. Rolling Eyes Hopefully it get better after coffee at the pet shop.
Better start with today's news. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 4:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

The rain arrived yesterday and will continue today, perfect for cozy indoor activities... making muliti-bean soup, sorting clothing (warm/cold), ironing, etc... However, I'm keeping a few sweaters handy. Due to low temperatures in the 30s' tonight and Sunday night, I'll cover the freshly planted herbs.

Fan - I just showed Karl your picture of rusk with strawberries. Strawberries and rusk will be on our table soon. Did you put butter, cream cheese, or something else under the strawberries?

Ann - How nice that you had a relaxing day off. Lilacs are now blooming here, too. How do you make a canvas flag? Do you weave the yarn through the plastic canvas?

Weekend greetings to Carolyn, Debbie, Martha, Pat, PattiT, Patti (gramma) and to anyone I've missed.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning ladies.
We are going to a Civil War Reenactment today here in Linden. Jeanna and Ira are in it. It is the burning of the courthouse. http://www.buffaloriverreview.com/contentitem/257149/1257/2013-civil-war-event-includes-school-day . It will be a lot of fun watching it.
Then next weekend we are going to a joint 60th birthday party for my high school class. Most of the people from my class turn 60 this year, but some of us are ahead of them(me)'. I am making the cake for it. Trying to come up with a cute design. Am thinking of an "over the hill" theme, with dentures and stuff like that.
I hope every one has a nice weekend and stays dry. I need to get my day started. I will take some pictures at the war. TTYL.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 5:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, I used plain butter. But you can use cream cheese. Just make sure it has a mild taste in order not to overpower the sweet strawberry taste. A ricotta type of cream cheese is delicious with strawberries.
Grammadot, where have you been? Glad to hear you are in for a fun weekend Very Happy . Is it a costumed reenactment?

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Patti (gramma) - I hope you share pictures of the reenactment as well as the cake you make.

Fan
- I rarely have cream cheese on hand, but usually have butter. Can't wait to find strawberries on sale.

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - our weather is dipping down a bit for a few days but they are saying by next weekend warmer again.

Vicki - the flag will be sewn with "tent stitches." Have been making my friend some thing for every holiday, she told me this time she wanted a flag. Smile

Ok...16 critters when I left Thur, they had a boom yesterday ---> we are back up to 21!!! Shocked Shocked

Later,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-Marie, we are in the midst of a big drop. It rains, storms and is cold. I'm keeping my self warm with a glass of Pinot Blanc. Wink No forecast mentions warmer times yet. Have fun at work. Smile

知人者智,自知者明
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello ladies. We made it back home. I dressed up, but didn't get any good pictures of me. I couldn't get Jim to dress up though. Jeanna had a dress for me to wear.
I will put a link to the pictures in a bit. Still uploading them.
Speaking of Jeanna, she finally got her 100% disability from the VA. She has been 10% since 2007 and they told her that she wasn't healthy enough to continue to serve, but only gave her 10%, which was only $125 a month. I don't know how they expected her to get a job if she wasn't healthy enough for them. Anyway she has been fighting with them ever since. Last week she finally got it with back pay for most of the yrs. She was really excited about it. She bought a new Jeep wrangler yesterday.
She told me to make sure I was at home either monday or tuesday, so I could be here for a delivery of my Mother's Day present. She wouldn't tell me what yet. I am intriqued at what it might be, cause she said that it wouldn't fit in her car.

well here is the link to the pictures for FB
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151450048013207.1073741829.520743206&type=1
here is jeanna sitting with a lady at the tea.

She has been making all of their costumes.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL I don't know why it posted twice??

Yall are talking about having the heat on. I turned my AC on last nite I was melting!
I went to ekkkkk Walmart early this morning to beat the crowd!!
I made chicken cutlets with fresh lemon juice squeezed on top, was really good!! Oh & I made my own bread crumbs out of bread I needed to use up!!

Hope all are having a great day!!

Last edited by tango on Sun May 12, 2013 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: