BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, May 20th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:37 am    Post subject: MONDAY, May 20th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend...I know I did! Very Happy Saturday was a do-nothing-day, was too tired really. Jim had asked about going to Walmart, I did get cleaned up, sat down and that was that. He asked an hour or so later, told him I really didn't feel like going anywhere so he went by himself.

Yesterday we ran errands and then had a picnic with the neighbors in the afternoon. Was nice since we didn't get to see them a lot through the winter, sat and b.s.'ed for quite a while.

Today is an 8-hr day so not too bad, it will go by quick. Curious to see how many critters we have, hopefully they are dwindling down.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!
Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing start of the week.

I'm still off today and trying to rack my brains and limbs together for a relaxing day with the help of a freshly brewed pot of coffee and mini ricotta pies for breakfast.

The weather is heavily overcasted, but no rain so far. Leaves a tiny bit of hope getting a bit of sunshine this afternoon. Don't know what to keep my self busy with today, coffee first
Ann-Marie, glad you had fun grilling last night. Have a nice day at work.
TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Saturday, our Michigan family enjoyed a Mother's Day picnic at a local park. What a wonderful time with my children and grandchildren!

Today, the heat/humidity will climb again. Grilled brats, corn on the cob, and vegetable lime jello salad are on the menu for dinner. The vegetable salad is definitely a blast from the past. I've always liked it, but have never made it. Now, we'll see if my recipe tastes like the one I recall. Smile

Ann
- You definitely needed that break this past weekend. Smile

Fan - Your ricotta pies look delicious. Wishing the clouds will break up, and you have sunshine. Smile

Waving to everyone who checks in!

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Hi everyone Reply with quote

It been a little while in between postings for me not to much going on here the weather has warmed up a bit and rain has been pretty much to. thinking of my garden and what to plant this year. I have been doing a little babysitting here and there for a couple weeks just to get out of this stress hole i have been in for months.
i have artheritis and tendenitis in my shoulder and upper arm so been putting up with pain a lot. and swelling so ice and heat a lot. thats what i get for being a working fool years ago now paying the price.
Deb glad to see you posting again to hope things get better for you.toit makes it hard when you cant get around the way you want. I know i have a friend that fell and broke her leg yesterday she was small boned and fragile so now she is suffering with that.
Vicky my daughter went to the tulip festival in holland mich I which i could of went but 7 hours away makes it hard. My grandaughter who is 7 was in the cheerleading comp there yesterday and she took 3rd place what a set heart she is. I miss outon a lot with some of my grandkids because of the distence between us.
I posted her picture on my facebook if you want t see it anyone that is friends with me can se it. so proud of her.

Ann see you had a few days off to nice to do nothing sometimes not like me who does nothing a lot of the time.

Fan been looking at the pictures of food you been posting and makes me hungry for it. i dont have half of the stuff to make it though. I have not even decided on dinner yet. and its 4 so better get at it. have a great next few days until i get back here again.

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicki, fat chance. It's been raining since noon Sad and it's pitch dark by now.
Carolyn, glad to hear from you and see you posting again. Sorry to hear you are still in pain and that things still are not going very well. Any chance of getting some help out of the garden this year? Hang in there.
Thanks for the compliment on the food pics. Wish I had a food fax to send you some of it.

知人者智,自知者明
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please check the May Recipes thread. I posted my Vegetable Lime Salad, but something seems to be missing or quantity of ingredients may be off. Any ideas?

Carolyn
- I hope you can visit your daughter during Tulip Time next year.

Fan - We had rain and hail. However, approximately one hour before dinner the skies cleared... grilled brats, delicious!

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good afternoon ladies, We had a great time at our reunion on saturday.
2 of our classmates were on their way to it though and was in an accident. I haven't heard anything else about them so don't know how badly they were hurt. We spent the night in a motel and then on sunday morning we went to visit my bf from high school and her dh. They had steaks, onions and corn grilled and then we had strawberry shortcake for dessert. Fresh strawberries from their garden. Yummy!!They sent us home with 2 qts we went and picked. We are going to have to visit them more often. They have a big pool too. I told her she was going to have to pry me out of there!!!We stayed until about 2:30 then headed home.
Here is my cake I made for saturday night. Everyone got a kick out of it.

Glad to see Debbie and Carolyn posting again. I hope you all get to feeling better soon.

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: