BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Good Morning - Saturday May 25th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 8:54 pm    Post subject: Good Morning - Saturday May 25th Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!!!

I feel like I haven't talked to you guys in months!
So much has been going on, but without a computer... I feel so out of it.
I went on vacation to San Diego. It was beautiful. Great weather, got a sun tan (!) Did alot of walking and saw so many interesting things and places.
A little boring, traveling alone, but I had fun. I love flying....

And I have a "new" car. It's new to me, but it's actually a 1999 Jeep. So I'm still getting used to that. It sure guzzles gas faster than my other car!

My computer bit the dust. Burned out motherboard and disk drive. So now I have a "new" one that my future son-in-law built for me. It has a newer version of Windows on it and none of my old programs.... so it will take some getting used to!

Came back home from vacation to 80 degree weather.... but now it's cold again. We had a frost last night!! Shocked But at least it's not a tornado.

I will try to get caught up on old posts..... good to be back.
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning Martha and everybody else, have a smashing Saturday Very Happy

Martha, you are as bright and early as me today Wink . Glad you had such a good time travelling Cool . But I'm afraid your sun tan is about to freeze off in your area. Mine is already gone since we are experiencing the coldest Spring since 50 years.
But today the sun started early, making temps getting close to freezing point. Nevertheless I decided to make the best of it, so I got up at 5 am and started the laundry. Now by 8.30 am I pretty close to have finished all of my household chores breaking a teapot included and the laundry hanging outside in the freezing sun Laughing .
Need to open the pet shop in half an hour, have coffee and after that I may go out for a walk and try to find some "bug" activity. They are very late this year due to the cold. Haven't seen any bumble bees yet.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha - glad you had a wonderful to CA! Yeah, crazy weather, last week we were in shorts and it was 80º+!

Fan - we have good bike riding area here, we aren't really in a big city, so that makes for better riding. Smile

We are up to 21 critters again. Crazy. Busy all day long yesterday, didn't really quiet down at all...day went quick!

Not doing much today...will try to do laundry and clean up the kitchen floor. If not, will do it Monday.

Headed down to Mom's at some point, want to take her out to dinner for a very belated Mother's day.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!
Take care,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No bug activity today, the sun kind of disappeared behind the clouds. And not many flowers yet. Sad Everything and everybody seems to be waiting for warmer temps before wanting to come out.

Tomorrow the Leiden Marathon will be held. Two of my colleagues will have a go on the 21K (half marathon) and the 5K will pass through my street. Might take some pics of it.
Ann-Marie, have fun with your Mom.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls. Had a busy day today. Cleaning up for our family picnic tomorrow, then Tina and my son came to spend the night. My sister-in-law dropped by, she brought me a beautiful bouquet of roses that was red white and blue, on each rose! We think they injected the colors up through the stems, I have never seen any thing like it. We all made a trip to a fruit stand and got some strawberries and rhubarb. Now my son is taking a nap. He was here a long time until I could figure out why he looked different, he has lost his beautiful eyelashes. When he was born the nurses commented on hi beautiful eyelashes. I guess they will grow back. He is so silly, he went out and laid in the grass in the back yard, and posted it on face book.
My guests need my attention see you all later.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: