BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend, June 8&9 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Weekend, June 8&9 2013 Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a smashing weekend.

PattiT, sorry to hear Nick has been admitted in hospital with pneumonia. That's a real set back. I hope he'll bounce back real soon and keep him on my prayer list.
I've been plain lazy today, sitting in the sun, sipping coffee and chatting with people and keeping an eye on Myo. She's a little less sluggy compared to yesterday, but still isn't eating properly. I called the vet this morning and it was another one than yesterday's vet. He wanted me to come in for a second bag of fluid, but the facility in my vicinity is closed in the weekends. So in order to get a treatment I'd have to use public transport to the adjacent village. But 45 minutes travelling up by bus and another 45 minutes to get back on top of the experience of the treatment would totally stress out Myo. I told him I'd rather wait another day for improvement. I really hope she'll pick up tomorrow, cause I have to attend a congress on Monday and Tuesday in Amsterdam and will have no chance going to the vet during their opening hours, let alone going to the facility out of town.
I did by a lot of fish today Very Happy. Plain fish cooked in water to tempt Myo and tiger prawns for my bell pepper soup. Now there's only a bit of smoked herring left, might use that for making a rillette tomorrow.
So what's going on in the USA today? Wink

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Fan and Ann, I tried to add to my post yesterday about the beautiful photos you both had but for some reason it didn't show up but instead I got a double post? I am so sorry to hear that Myo is under the weather. I hope she has perked up some and is getting better real soon. I agree that sure would have been quite a bit of trauma for Myo to get to the vet over the weekend.

Nick was able to call me today, he didn't sound very good. He had to cut our talk short because he um er got sick to his stomach if you know what I mean. He did call me back and said it was stupid to be in the hospital, I think he is being a difficult patient. He did say that he finally got his temperature down from 103.

Not much going on here, Madison and three of her friends stopped in on their way home from the swim meet. They said that they had done good.

Hope everyone is able to find something fun to do this weekend.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Fan - sorry to hear that Myo isn't feeling well. Sad Hope she comes out of it soon. How old is she now?

{{{PattiT}}} - hope Nick snaps back. Pneumonia isn't some thing to play around with. I remember my brother had it, all he did was sleep for 2 or 3 days.

Today starts my 3 days off. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Woohoo!!! It's good to get out and away, need a break from every thing.

Jim and I are headed to the book sale later this afternoon then a stop at the grocery store. Have a craving for rotisserie chicken. So will buy a little chicken and bring it home, throw it on the rotisserie and we usually have enough to make chicken salad sandwiches too.

Found a recipe for Mac & Cheese Gnocchi...the pictures looks wonderful! Might have to buy the ingredients for that too and have it with the chicken.

Does anyone keep in contact with Sheryl or any of the others that use to come here quite a bit?? I wonder about them.

Hope everyone has a fantastic day!!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a great Sunday Very Happy

Ann-Marie, Myo will turn 14 in August. Today she shows a bit of improvement, hopefully it continues. Just read your recipe of gnocchi with Mac and Cheese, gotta try that one. I still have some gnocchi in the freezer. Three days off in a row almost sounds like a mini break Smile . Have fun today at the book sale Wink
PattiT, how's Nick doing?
The sun didn't appear today, but temps were very comfortable and the breeze worked magnificently on my laundry. I made dinner for lunch, since it was still nice and cool in the kitchen. Japanese Karee Raisu, yum.

Tonight I have to prepare for the congress meeting tomorrow and Tuesday.

知人者智,自知者明
nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Patti, sorry to hear about Nick. I'm quite sure that by now he is losing patience with being sick that's why his temper is short. Thank you so much for your card. You always know the right thing to say & bring comfort. P.s. loved the stamp, it was sooo cute.

Fan sorry to hear Myo is ill. Hope she perks back up today.

Was hoping to get GS to cut the grass tomorrow but we are getting more rain. No sense trying to cut wet grass. It just sticks to the mower deck & doesn't cut the grass just rips it.

Got up yesterday & had no water pressure in the house. GS & I walked out the the well & I showed him how to t-shoot for the problem. Usually that fixes the problem. It worked. A bunch of sugar ants had gotten into the pressure regulator box & blocked the points. Brushing took care of the problem. Will have to pick up a bag of DE from Lowe's to sprinkle around that area, it's the only safe way to get rid of the ants & I don't want to put pesticides right at my well head. I was kind of pooped out afterwards, so I sat around & rested the rest of the day. All I did was slowly walk out there & then point with instructions. This recovery is going to take some time.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some wonderful news, Nick is now home. He said he feels much better, I was soooooo worried about him. I told him I am sure he also made his dog happy, he usually is practically glued to him at all times.
I woke up an hour after going to bed and felt so sick, it feels like I have the flu. I hope it goes away quickly. I gave up going for a swim at my sons house, I didn't want to risk making Madison sick this close to the end of school. I made an easy dessert to send along, to use up the beautiful peaches I had gotten earlier in the week.

**Fan, that food looks so enticing. I hope your congress meeting goes smoothly and easily. I am glad to hear that Myo is showing some improvement. Did she enjoy the fish you made for her? We managed to have sun here most of the day, I am glad that I got to spend some time outside yesterday. Too sluggish to even get dressed today. I will have to look up the name of your meal to see what all usually goes into it.
**Ann, I bet you just about ran out of the door at work yesterday, looking forward to having a couple of days off. I hope you have good luck at the book sale. That gnocchi recipe looks fabulous. I haven't had a rotisserie chicken in a long while, so they both sounded good to me.
*Sheryle is still going back and forth between her town and Michael's place. She is doing well and enjoying getting back to bike riding. She said Michael cleaned off the patio and she is enjoying using it as much as she can.
**Carol, that used to be on here a long time ago I think, lost her brother yesterday.
**Tango, has surgery planned for this coming week.
**Danielle, is enjoying cooking and gardening.
**Michelle, has started a new business venture that involves cooking and selling kitchen items etc.
**Kayla, from way back. Recently got married.
That is all I can think of off hand.
**Nubbins, I know it goes against your grain, but you really do need to ease very slowly back into things. I am so glad that you have your grandson. The DE is a great idea for the ants. It is so good to see you back on here posting.
Tummy is acting up, gotta go for now.

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - ugh, stomach flu...blech. Mad Confused Wow, did you learn all about everyone by Facebooking?? Wink How about Karen??

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will have to see if Karen is on Facebook.

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!
I know you've probably all gone to bed by now... but I wanted to say "hi".
It was a beautiful day today, but tomorrow it will go back to "the rainy season"! We have had soooo much rain lately... I'm really tired of it!

Nubbins - Really great to see you posting again. You were so lucky... or you are one tough cookie - probably both!! Good work with the well problem. Your GS is going to have to learn all these little tricks from you! (I would have probably called a repairman and spent a hundred bucks to find out it was ANTS!!)

Ann - Enjoy your mini vacation. Starting with a book sale? Way to go! Hope you don't get this rain to spoil your days off.

Carolyn - Happy belated birthday!! Sorry I missed it.

Debbie - Sorry you're not healing up faster. They were so encouraging at first... I didn't think it would take this long either. Hang in there.

Patti - Glad to hear Nick is back home. Those antibiotics really kick butt. Hope he's feeling stronger now.

Fan - Poor Myo!! Is she on any meds for her kidneys? I hope she got her appetite back by the time you have to leave for Amsterdam. Can the guys at the pet shop check in with her while you're away?

Hi to everybody else out there!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: