BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - JUNE 15 & 16, 2013 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 6:22 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - JUNE 15 & 16, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

Do you have several days when you much more planned than you have time? The last couple weeks I've been trying to finish projects, help with babysitting, etc. Yesterday, we visited my son-IL, daughter, and family... even went to Lake Michigan.

This morning, I'm making freezer strawberry jam and freezing sliced strawberries. With rain showers in the forecast I have plenty of inside work to finish the rest of the day.

Have a blessed weekend.
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Vicki and everybody else, have a rocking weekend Very Happy

My day started slowly with dark clouds and rain, and I was about to postpone most of my laundry chores except for one batch. But right after coffee time the wind picked up to storm levels, chasing the clouds away as soon as they appeared and really blow drying my laundry in about three hours. So in the end I managed to finish three batches, and meeting up with an new old friend in between Laughing Laughing

Even made a walk to the market which was packed wit people.

Lovely to have a storm with lots of sunshine and no rain. That hardly ever happens. Tomorrow will be "paying the bills" day Sad .
Vicki, I always have more plans than days to execute them in. Time always seems to slip through my fingers like sand Rolling Eyes And sometimes it takes some of my plans with it too. Occasionally I can find time, but only because my plans have slipped through my state of mind Smile Yum, strawberry jam. That would be so good on a Holland rusk.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls. This weekend has turned very nice for Nick and the rest of us. His Dr.s. told him it would be okay to leave his house so Tina's Dad and step mother talked us into joining them in Atlantic City. We have had the most amazing food in the fanciest of restaurants and we just. To back from a concert by Air Supply. There was a mix up and we were given seats that were not up to what he usually gets so we were moved down near the stage and the two singers came down and serenaded her step mother, found out that her Dad had proposed to her from the stage at an Air Supply concert. We are staying at the Tropicana and I won $110.00! I certainly did not expect the weekend to be like this. Nick is doing pretty good today, he even had a bit of an appetite.
Yesterday nick was quite agitated for lack of a better term. Tina said he is usually like that the day of chemo, he just feels so full of energy that he just can't seem to sit still.
**Fan, a beautiful rosé you posted yesterday, and a cute bumble bee today.
**Vicki, slow down missy. You sure seem busy. Glad to see you stopping by.
Kids went out to the boardwalk for a little while and it is past my bedtime, will talk to you all when I get back.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
monkeybusiness
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GOOD MORNING GIRLS.....Wow has this week flown by. Jim has threatened to take me to the hospital if I don't snap out of this slump I'm getting into. We Both recognize the signs of way too much CO2 and I tell him, "I don't understand, I wear my Bi=Pap when I sleep." Any way that's about all I've been doing is sleeping for 2 days ALL I did is sleep, even at nite...sure helped my legs feel better. Speaking of legs...the Wound Care doctor said they won't be putting anymore Skin Graphs on my foot, it doesn't seem to be helping. So what is the next plan of action....oh just be patient and keep it dry and STAY OFF the foot except to pee. Well shoot I already about do that now. I talked to a man in the waiting room and he said he had been coming there for 7 years now. I'll go out of our city area to find a better doctor before I go that long. Shoot I don't know if I will or not.....we paid for another month of Insurance (JUNE at just shy of $1000.), sure can't afford that again. Jim cashed in a couple 401 K's a few weeks ago and we just got the money the other day. Plan on using it to pay off the house and our only small bal. on a credit card. That way we will be left with just Utilities and food and some Misc floating around. Well not counting Taxes and Insurance on Vehicles and House. Jim is planning on selling the Url motorcycle (the one with the side-car) I told him I wish I had some things that were worth some money to sell. Also told him he is going to have to get a job. He's going to ride out his Unemployment because he makes alot more on it than what he could to work a start up job. Anyway, We Both know that cashing in the 401 K was not the best of answers, but it well be kinda nice not to have a house pymt, We'll worry about Retirement and getting old when it comes....which isn't too far away!

Well today is Father's Day...you girls tell your guys I said happy father's day! I guess we are going over to Jim's Parents, as Jim's dad is getting to weak to do much traveling, especially over our way...lots a Mall traffic! We'll have a Cook-out and eat outside, so I can stay in the Wheelchair and Not walk on the foot. Guess all we are bringing is Ice Tea and Lemon-aide! Offered to do easy thing like Bushes bake Beans , so I guess we'll pay 1/2 on the Hamburger s and 1/2 on the DQ Cake. Jim and I went shopping for his dad yesterday and He is getting hard to buy for as he has no Hobbies and I think we have bought him every Gospel tape there is and same with the books. So this time we pick him up a Word Search, Adam Sandler DVD Jack and Jill and a big Box a Danish cakes for them to eat with their coffee. You know it is really hard to find any movie that has no Violence, Bad Language or This is spam. Please don't click. in it. I think this will be a funny movie though.

**FAN, Glad Myo is back to loving those tummy rubs. Appetite picked up yet? I still love to see what you fix for dinner and also the flowers and bees and such. Speaking of Nature, my Sister had 3 Black Snakes (non-poisonous) about 10 ft. long in one of her flower beds and they were making babies. She's quite the animal lover and said it was very interesting. I told her now she will have an over abundance of snakes in her yard.

**ANN, Like Patti said...while you are collecting Cookbooks, I'd like to find a way to sell mine. Most haven't had a page turned in them. And now that the kitchen is no longer mine (for awhile at least) I know I'll not use them. Too bad they are too heavy to ship. I know you get alot of enjoyment from your finds though....just like my Mom use to. Speaking of Mom's ...how is your Mom and Benji too? Speaking of House cleaning....I know where you're coming from when you are so busy from work and you come home so tired, the house seems to not get the attention it deserves. I ask Jim to run the Vacuum and dust the other day and told him I tend to get Groocy when it desperately needs done. He said will all you need to do is ask and you know I'll get it done. I'm thinking can't you see yourself...I mean your end table by your recliner is so full of junk, it falls on the floor. My man and daughter don't clean like me.

**PATTI, Happy to hear that Nick is having some good days. How many more treatments? Wow that was an awesome trip to Atlantic City! With the wonderful food and Hotel and winning 110.00, then the Concert of Air Supply and better seating......glad you had a good time too. You needed some good things happening for you. All this worry about Nick and all.

BIG SHOUT OUT to NUBBINS, How are you feeling since you've been home. Don't over do, let GS help with what he can, the rest don't worry about. CAROLYN, Sorry your having sever pain in your Arms. I have that too and also in my legs. It about drives you crazy, I know. Hope the doctor can help you feel better. MARTHA, Hey are you STILL planning a vacation to CA this summer? You haven't mentioned it or maybe I missed it when I wasn't here. VICKI, Thoughts of you daily, how are you doing. Watching the Grand babies? How is your other Grand-Daughter doing? And ANYONE else I may have let slip through my feeble mind! Laughing Laughing Laughing

Well, it's after 7 and I need to go make up Meds for the week and then get things a hoppin' around here......12:30 will be here sooner than we expect! Wishing everyone a Blessed day and I'm Thankful you ALL are mu Friend! HUGS!

A clean house is the sign of a broken computer.

http://bakespace.com/?monkeybusiness6
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day and happy Father's Day everybody Very Happy

Debbie, so great to see you posting again Very Happy . Sorry to hear the skin graphs are not helping Sad and that you are having problems with your CO2 levels again. Nevertheless I hope you both have a fun day at Jim's parents.
Myo was picking up nicely, but since last night she's having problems again. She threw up 3 times this morning and has been going on and off on the litter box. She also stopped eating and drinking again. If she's no better by tomorrow morning I'll take her to the vet's again.
This morning I made a small bike ride through a very quiet city, taking some pics on the way.

It was wonderful being outside biking. Very Happy

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: