BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, July 1st, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:52 am    Post subject: MONDAY, July 1st, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

2 more days left on my vacation. Sad Sad Went by quickly, as always. Have nothing planned, whatever comes, comes.

PattiT - I also got bit right in the crook of my left arm. Saturday it was so itchy it drove me up a wall. Sunday I put some witch hazel on it which seemed to help. This morning it is a bit itchy again. Have no idea what it was that bit me either...with all the places we were, hard to tell. It's red too.

This morning looks like it could pour at any moment! The sun came out for a few minutes, sun shined through the little window and now it's gone.

Was thinking of scrubbing the carpet here in the TV room but need it to be a nicer warmer day for that.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a brilliant start of the week.

Ann-Marie, enjoy the last 2 days of your vacation as much as you can. Did you go to the Zoo today?
I'm preparing Myo for her sedation tomorrow. I'll be happy when it'll be all over and done with. She hasn't eaten anything during the day, so she's obviously in pain. I took her food bowl away, she needs to be sober tomorrow morning. Hopefully they won't find anything serious.
So what else is happening in the USA? Heard about the wild fire victims in Arizona Crying or Very sad Sad . My thoughts are with their families.

知人者智,自知者明
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been over here in so long, I'm surprised I remembered my login! Glad to see Vicki posting again, even if she's not home yet. As for the rest of you, yup, I'm still alive and kickin'. I was hoping we'd pick up on Facebook and communicate there like we had been here, but that never happened. For one thing, some of you aren't on FB, and for another thing, we all live such different hours. After "chatting" with Vicki a week or so ago, I've decided I really need to spend a day over here just reading posts to catch up with you guys, then jump back into the pool so to speak. I MISS YOU!! My having gotten frustrated with the site, etc. should not have prevented me from keeping up with you guys. Mea Culpa! Embarassed I have missed you!!! I'll try to do better.

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, lovely to see you back again. You have been missed too. How have you been? Glad you had a good chat with Vicki Wink Will some tortellini with braised mushroom be of any help in keeping you here?

知人者智,自知者明
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL - quite the opposite. I'm EXTREMELY anti-shroom. I can find a tiny spec of mushroom mixed into Chinese food or on a pizza. There's just something about them. I really wish I could get used to them though, they're so versatile, and good for you! Your dish certainly LOOKS delicious. Laughing

All is well here. Not much has changed with me. Still plugging along at work, etc. with no sign of it going full-time. I'd cut my losses and run, but a full-time gig elsewhere would still be worse than part-time here, except for possible benefits. Family is fine, etc., although my Mom did get into a car accident last week. Couldn't have been all that bad since she didn't bother to get checked out. I keep telling people not to do that! You should never turn down medical at the scene of an accident like that. Half the time, once the adrenaline wears off, you realize you actually were injured, but if you delay getting treatment, the insurance company will deny coverage and claim you're faking.

Weather here has been crazy with flooding, etc. I was concerned about my apartment - when I moved in last fall, I was having some dental work done at the time and my dentist led me to believe my complex is known for flooding. If I didn't get it last week, I don't think I need to worry!! Phew...

Gotta run, still at work, but I'll try to read and catch up in the next few days. Bye for now... Very Happy

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - nope, no zoo today...it was raining early, even heard some distant thunder. Sad The first of July and it's this cool -- 68º. Crazy. Confused

CHRIS!! So good to see you back posting. Yep, you've been missed!!! Very Happy Very Happy

Went over to the store and had some prints made of the pictures I took over at the lagoons, can't get over how expensive they were. Oh well, at least Mom gets a set.

Hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Take care,
Ann <-- one of the ones that doesn't have FB

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back Chris. I hope you will be a regular again, that would be so nice. I miss so many that have quit coming here.
Madison will be coming to spend the night tonight. She has a swim meet tomorrow afternoon when both of her parents will be at work so we are going to take her. I really have to wonder who sets up some of these meets!? We will have to get her dinner and then rush to get her to softball practice.
**Ann, vacations go by so quickly don't they. I was wondering also if you were able to make it to the zoo. Did you find any recipes in your latest cookbook that you just have to try soon? I had heard that witch hazel was good for bug bites but have never tried it.
** Fan, I love mushrooms! That looked so good to me. Poor Myo, it will be good when her suffering will be good. I guess if she needs surgery it will be a while until she feels better.

Have a good evening everyone.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PattiT - had stopped at Family Dollar on the way home, bought some Cortizone cream for the bug bite. Not liking the looks of it. Thinking if it don't look better tomorrow might be calling my doc to see if he can take a look at it. It's red all around the bite plus there is a small rash around it too. Confused Mad
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh oh Ann that doesn't sound good. Hope the cortisone helps. If it doesn't look better maybe you better call your Doc.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: