BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FRIDAY, July 5th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: FRIDAY, July 5th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

We had lots of booms, pops and crackers around this area last night. Went to bed around 915, ended up waking up around 945 to fireworks. Sat on the side of the bed and watched them out the window, pretty. The kitties didn't like them, they ran to the basement. Willow did come up after a while (towards the end). She kept looking outside and watching the colors...then it was the finale and she ran, poor kitty. Was so darned cute though when she was standing half on the bed and half on the window sill watching the fireworks -- talk about a perfect picture!!

Raining again, no big surprise, right?!! Confused Hope it's nice tomorrow, have plans for the day.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Take care,
Ann

Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had to chuckle when I saw that, even though she's not back full time, Miss Vicki just had to dip her toe in and set up the monthly recipe post. Very Happy

Ann - I was shocked late night when it suddenly occurred to me that it was after 10 and I hadn't heard any fireworks. I heard a few thunder boomers earlier, but that passed quickly, and there wasn't much rain, so either they were postponed in anticipation of bad weather, or I'm more insulated than I realized in this apartment. Living up on the hill, I used to see/hear them from towns all around the Mohawk Valley. Kinda like one-stop shopping for fireworks. Wink

Fan - Sorry to hear that Myo had to have some teeth yanked, but if it helps, it's well worth it!

Martha - I'm with you on the rain. Enough is enough! I was shocked by the local flooding here, but VERY thankful it didn't affect me personally. I know some people who were flooded, pulled their stuff out to clean and dry off, only to get flooded again.

Nothing exciting for me yesterday - spent a quiet day to myself. Did experiment with a mac & cheese. I was looking in the pantry and saw a container of stuffing next to a box of pasta and thought hmmmm, so I made a Turkey Baked Macaroni and Cheese with some dried cranberries thrown in and the stuffing replacing bread crumbs on the top. Turned out pretty good, but nothing to rave over. I had planned on boiling the pasta in turkey broth, but I apparently used up my stash and forgot.

I've got two wedding showers coming up that I need to make desserts for, but I'm stuck on ideas. Between the weather, menus, and transport, I keep talking myself out of everything that comes to mind lol.

Have a great day!!

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good day Ann-Marie, Chris and everybody else, have a smashing day Laughing

The weekend has started for me. It all started cloudy and quiet this morning. I was being watched as I walked to the office...

Passed safely, but ended up in a street fight close to the office...

They got hold of somebody's lunch, luckily not mine Laughing
After that things got hectic, a VIP in the office...

Work, lunch, walking in sunshine, catnap on the couch, grocery run, vacuum cleaning, no mushroom dinner .... Wink

Dishes, laundry and a phone call to my oldest brother who turned 56 today. And from the sound of it his place must have been in a state of despair Rolling Eyes. His youngest daughter has a slumber party with her classmates, 10 girls "sleeping" in tents on the lawn. That'll be quite a breakfast for him to cook tomorrow morning. Laughing
Ann-Marie, Myo is scared of fireworks too and yet very curious. It's fun watching them when they try to figure out what it's all about. As for the rain, come over. This part of the world is bathing in sunshine from this afternoon till at least next Tuesday.
Chris, Myo is improving by the day but she still has to work out how to eat properly with what's left in her mouth. I told her about the bill, but she wasn't impressed Rolling Eyes .

知人者智,自知者明
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate the shroomless dinner. Laughing

Man, having commented on the weather earlier, it's coming down like CRAZY right now. I might work late just so I can hold back and see if it passes - it's that bad. Had to turn the radio up it's so loud!! Good thing I'm the only left on this side of the office today - most people turned yesterday and today into a mini-vacation.

Wonder if the birds wrestled that away from someone of if they had dropped it. I'll take a drive up the street and park somewhere to read during my lunch on office days, and they are forever walking up to my door and squawking at me for something, but I'm not eating anything in the first place, so why all the interest?!?! Sheesh ...

I can empathize with Mayo with all of the dental work I've had over time. The latest was a crown that fell out and wouldn't go back in all the way, so I have a gap under it and am always afraid I'll get something caught on it and break it. Once that goes, I'm told I'll need either an implant or a bridge - not looking forward to either, so I'm trying to be very careful. Confused

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris, I know. Gotta go for my second crown this year. Had a bridge two years ago and already had five crowns before that. Confused There's already two very luxurious holidays parked in my mouth

知人者智,自知者明
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear that! I swear I've put my dentist's kids through college by now! This last one was really weird though - we couldn't figure out why it wouldn't go back in where it was. He tried flushing it out, drilling it out, etc., but whatever is in there just ain't movin! I can't imagine what it would be other than a piece of the cement that was in there initially. You would think the drill would have gotten it. Oh well ...

nubbins1
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 05, 2013 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Y'all:

Hope everyone had a safe, great July 4th. Did nothing here, just loafed around the house.

We used to boat to the outer side of Ft. McHenry & anchor each 4th. From there we could see the Baltimore fireworks up close & 3 more celebrations from a distance. It was nice not having to fight traffic to get home. Just pull up anchor & cruise on home. Miss using the boat & being out on the Chesapeake.

Y'all take care...

nubbins1
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: