BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MONDAY, July 8th, 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:31 am    Post subject: MONDAY, July 8th, 2013 Reply with quote

Morning everyone,

Went to Mom's on Saturday, spent the day with her. Didn't get home til 8 or so. Had a t-storm chase me home. Didn't rain til an hour after I got home, really didn't want to drive in heavy downpours but it actually was a shower. Didn't last long.

Yesterday we went for groceries, came home and crashed for awhile. We ate lunch then about 3 or so we got ready and went for a ride. Found a new place to walk in Elk Creek. Smile Was wonderful there, took 134 pictures!! Shocked Very Happy We didn't get back til almost 7. The creek had a lot of flat limestone so was nice to walk in the water. I'd say to Jim, "let's see what's around the corner then we'll turn back." Very peaceful, loved it.

Fan - wonderful pictures, I also liked the rose.

Martha - yesterday was the ONLY day we haven't had rain...sure looked like it could pour at any minute when we were over at the creek.

Oh, too funny...Leo scared me and when I jumped I scared him!!! Laughing I was concentrating on what I was typing, didn't hear or see him come over, he started scratching their scratching post, I jumped! He jumped and ran then jumped again when he came to Willow's red ribbon. Too funny.

Better get around here, Jim needs to take me to work then he is stopping at the garage, the car needs new front brakes, the sway bar links needs changed out and the fuel filter too while it's there. Always some thing with these vehicles, huh?!!

Hope everyone has a wonderful day,
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ann-Marie and everybody else, have a brilliant start of the week Very Happy

I could be bathing in the sun, it's still hot and sunny. But alas I'm cooked up in the office, with carpenters and colleagues, the smell of wood and the sounds of carpenter's equipment and a vacuumcleaner. Hard to focus on my work. Luckily I'm finished here in another half an hour.
Tomorrow I'll get to see my new dentist Wink Laughing Crying or Very sad . His first job will be crowning one of my molars, I'll be the queen in the chair, I suppose.
Gotta take a straw to the office tomoorow, might not be able to drink properly for a couple of hours due to the sedation. Laughing
Ann-Marie, sounds like you had an amazing hike yesterday. Very Happy I took a look at some of your pics from over a week ago. Loved the deer pic. You sure have beautiful hiking spots over there.

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everyone. I better get busy soon, I saw that "The Call" was available On Demand and watched it this morning. It was very intense Halle Berry (sp") was the star.
I am leaving Thursday to stay with Nick until Sunday. My son James will be taking me again. I will have to get suggestions from Nick about what he would like me to cook for him. I think he has lost about 19 pounds in the last month!! he got a fever the last day he was here for a visit. Thankfully he told me it went away.
We are making hamburgers on the grill for dinner and I think I will put some potatoes on to make some potato salad. I also need to make some sweets for hubby to take to work. I am thinking chocolate whoopsie pies with peanut butter filling.
I have lots to do but had to check in here first.
**Ann, sounds like you had a wonderful day. I miss being able to go on walks like that. I hope you will be sharing some photos with us.
**Martha, sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th. It is so humid here being outside for any amount of time hard to take. You seem to have shared some of your rain with us yesterday, thank you.
**Fan, any sightings of the chicks lately? Is Myo feeling like her old self yet? I am full of questions aren't I. Looking forward to hearing what you will be making fir dinner.

Hope every one has a terrific day.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

**Fan, I guess you posted will I was typing away. Sounds like you might need earplugs at the office today to keep from getting a headache. I hope tomorrow's dentist visit is pain free for you. I can't quite figure out what kind of flower that is! What a gorgeous color!

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi PattiT, not grilling tonight and no garlic tonight. I have to be kind to my new dentist Laughing How wonderful James is taking you to Nick again. Make sure he eats his veggies and make him gain a few pounds Smile . Ben & Jerry's maybe?
The office chick is having a hard time. Probably because of the long cold Spring he is the only chick this year. And he has already survived quite a bit. One of the rooftop ornaments came down close to the nest. The chicken obviously in shock fell down the roof and landed in the grass. Lucky bird. Some co-workers did pick him up and not realizing he came from our part of the office building, they put him back on the wrong roof with the wrong seagull parents who furiously started defending their own chick and tried to kill him. So they took him off the roof and were told it was our roof's chick. So finally it got reunited with the right parents. But now it has become skittish and is not wondering around with a cocky attitude anymore. And on top of that on Wednesday two of our carpenters have to go up close to the nest for some repairs. So I haven't really had the opportunity to take nice pics.

知人者智,自知者明
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, no shower yet - one is this weekend and the other next weekend. I was asked to make my Chocolate-Almond-Toffee Paklava, so I'll definitely be doing that, even though I think the weather is too humid for it. Patti, thanks for the suggestions re: the pies, but her mother already has some other fruit stuff going on, so I was trying to leave that to her, although I'm now considering either some raspberry or lemon bars for travel/weather purposes.

I picked up some bridal cookie cutters, so I will attempt to make an iced cookie and play with that. I don't have much experience with icing, but I had fun doing snowmen a few Christmases back, so we'll see. Again, with the humidity, I'm concerned about that, so I'm thinking of maybe doing some Butterhorns (walnut crescents), a Kugel (noodle pudding - everyone loves but never thinks of it), Simit (Armenian sesame seed cookies/crackers), and I'm stuck for what else.

I was thinking of cheesecake pops, eclairs, caramel apples (using grapes), or heart-shaped s'more bites - graham hearts with marshmallow between dipped in chocolate, but those all go back to the heat/humidity issue. I don't want to be jammed up on Friday night doing them all so the weather doesn't get to them. Sad

For the shower next weekend, I was asked to make a Kadayif, which is that cream filled shredded wheat or coconut-looking Armenian thing I do. That one will be easy, even if the weather is bad. I can refrigerate it to firm up so I can cut it and transfer to liners, and by the time it gets there, it will be warmed up again.

Fan - I bet your dentist would be happy to know you forewent the garlic for his sake LOL. That's awful about that baby bird being returned to the wrong nest and receiving a rather nasty reception. Good thing it worked out in the end. As always, I'm envious of your photo skills. Did you save me any of that Thai Chicken dish by any chance?????

Ann - That's the joy of digital cameras nowadays. You can take a bazillion pictures and it doesn't matter. I was recently trying to explain the old flash bulbs to someone. They had the gall to look at me like I was ancient! Shocked

It's STILL raining here if you can imaging. I'm surprised we haven't had more flooding. It's getting to the point where I'm getting annoyed by all of the weather alerts popping up everywhere. We get it, it's raining!!!! Actually, there was a nearby tornado the other day, so that one was OK, but they can stop with the rest of them now!!

Have a great afternoon.

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: