BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - JULY 13 & 14, 2013 ~
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:48 am    Post subject: ~ Good Morning - WEEKEND - JULY 13 & 14, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Morning, Friends!

I am so excited to be here... home. I don't have a lot planned for this weekend, but will catch up a little around here. One of these days I'll have more energy. Smile Smile

What are you doing this weekend? Staying home, running in/out, or have something special planned? I hope you have a super weekend!

~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Vicki - just like Dorothy said, "there's no place like home." Smile

It's 77º right now but they are saying around 82º...I honestly think it's there now! Cleaned out the Irises by the back deck, they were getting a bit messy and could hardly go down the steps without tripping over the leaves or stalks. Confused I have one side done, need to do the other side another day. I don't know if it's because I am not outside much or what, but I didn't notice the heat til I came in to get some thing to drink. Now I'm
HOT[/color[color=black]]!! Will cool off then go get into the shower. While I was moving the Irises to their new place ran into an ant nest with thousands of eggs...Y-U-C-K!!

If I have a chance will check back in later.
Ann

Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

Vicki - just like Dorothy said, "there's no place like home." Smile

It's 77º right now but they are saying around 82º...I honestly think it's there now! Cleaned out the Irises by the back deck, they were getting a bit messy and could hardly go down the steps without tripping over the leaves or stalks. Confused I have one side done, need to do the other side another day. I don't know if it's because I am not outside much or what, but I didn't notice the heat til I came in to get some thing to drink. Now I'm
HOT!! Will cool off then go get into the shower. While I was moving the Irises to their new place ran into an ant nest with thousands of eggs...Y-U-C-K!!

If I have a chance will check back in later.
Ann

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a great Sunday Laughing

Vicki, Grandpa and grandma took the kids out for a BBQ in a public [doggy]park. Laughing Kept us quite busy.

And the dogs...

the bugs...

and the coals on fire.

Stayed until we almost turned into BBQ-food our selves for the mosquitos. My legs are still itching Sad .
Ann-Marie, it was hot here as well. Got a mild sunburn on my shoulders from working in the yard. Managed to set up the table again. Today I plan on finishing the laundry and clean up the rest of the yard. Still need to pull some weeds and clean the chairs.

知人者智,自知者明
Ann_Marie_PA
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls,

We have a beautiful morning here...the sun is shining and the birds are singing. Smile We also have a slight breeze and it smells really good in here now.

Fan - ugh, mosquitoes - blech. They are bad here this year too because of all the rain. And boy, when they prick the skin it's like getting stung. Sad Your BBQ looks wonderful, love the pic of the kabobs, yum!

Jim is home today and we are to go over to Elk Creek for a little bit. This will be our first chance to go swimming. Smile

Take care,
Ann

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - What a fun time with family. And, a delicious meal. Smile Except for the mosquitoes! Shocked So, do you typically get sunburn? (Haven't been outside enough to be sunburned, which I typically get.)

My husband finally put the air conditioners in. Hot (90+) planned for all this week.

Ann - Sounds like you have lovely weather today. As I said, our weather should climb later today and be hot and sticky all week. Enjoy your trip to Elk Creek! Smile

~~Vicki

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ann-Marie, that sounds soo cool Cool . I could do with a swim today, the sun is blisteringly hot.
Vicki, luckily not our "kids" Laughing Laughing . Yep, I do get sunburn quite quickly. Most of the time because I'm not in the sun very often and when I do I tend to forget about using a sun block.

知人者智,自知者明
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all. Had a busy week and got a bit behind again...just a bit this time! Embarassed

Went to the first shower yesterday, and it went really well. It's not that I'm anti-social, just anti-crowd scene, so I'm usually found hiding in the kitchen at these things keeping myself busy helping out, but I managed to have a great time actually engaging with everyone yesterday.

I just wished the weather last week would have cooperated with my baking better! I baked one tray of butterhorns (walnut crescents) that I had such a hard time with, I actually threw them away. I made a second batch after practically freezing the dough solid so I could work with it in this heat/humidity! I baked sugar cookie cut-outs of wedding dresses, rings, and cakes to decorate, and I had a hard time with those in this weather as well. They came out super cute though. I also baked that Chocolate-Toffee-Almond Paklava, and that got a little "chewy" because of the humidity rather than staying nice and crispy. I also made a noodle pudding that I didn't end up taking at all. For some reason, there was too much exposed noodle on the top, so there was too much "dry" and I wasn't pleased. Of course, that means I get to pick at it for the next few days. Wink

Everyone was raving over the cookies and paklava, and someone actually asked if she could hire me to make paklava for an event she has coming up. That was nice. Hopefully the weather will be better then, but apparently nobody seems to know the difference LOL.

Fan - Sorry about losing your temp. I can definitely imagine you and Myo at a session together - too funny. And yah, if the dentist had charged you for that second visit, I'd be re-thinking the garlic for when you go back for the permanent. Wink Looks like a great BBQ. Yup, I definitely would have been dessert for the mosquitos. They just love me for some reason. Soooooo thankful I'm no longer allergic to them. Baby bird seems to be getting on well. Too cute!

Patti - Hope you had a wonderful spa experience over the weekend.

Vicki - I'm with you on the AC. I always tell people that anything over 68 does a number on me - sad but true - but I had managed to hold out on the AC until Wed last week, then I just couldn't take it anymore! I was so hot and swelled up so bad yesterday, I ended up going home after the shower. We had plans to go see a local production of Les Miserable, but I was sooo swollen it felt like I had a super-gnarly case of arthritis in all my joints, and not being familiar with that theatre, I wasn't sure how much walking around might be required, stairs, etc. Came home and propped up my feet instead!

Ann - Sorry about your close encounter with the anthill! Gotta say, I never thought about ant eggs before, but that sounds pretty gross. Hope you had a good swim today. I haven't been swimming in forever. Could have used a pool to jump in yesterday, that's for sure. Then it was weird because it seemed cooler when I got back to town, but after I took a little nap with my feet up and got up to go run a quick errand, it was like hitting a brick wall when I opened the door. The temp had shot up, but more so the humidity, and it was around dark then, so it should have been doing in the other direction. That was a little odd. Anywhoooo, thankful for AC.

HR wants me to create some new company documents with/for her and asked if I could come in on Tues and Wed. I usually only go to the office on Mon and Fri still, so that's good. I could use the extra $$. I often get work mid-week when someone has a project going on, but this is two full days. Starting to get nervous about the new healthcare laws if I don't end up full-time one of these days!! Don't know how I'll swing that on two days' pay now that I'm in the apartment, etc. With my luck, that means my car will die around then too LOL.

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chris - Talking about your baking with the heat can be frustrating. BUT, everything you bake sounds so YUMMY. No baking for me yet. And, the AC is feeling wonderful.

~~Vicki

dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fan - I often forget about sunblock, too. I'm either white or red. Shocked

~~Vicki

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: