BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friday July 19th

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 5:31 am    Post subject: Friday July 19th Reply with quote

Good morning girls, I tried to get my outside stuff done early, whew it is hot already. Our outside temperature was 99.9 yesterday! I think today is supposed to be hotter. My flowers are all dieing in all this hear. I have a sprinkler on them now. For some reason when I water my hanging plants the water goes right through them and I don't think it is doing them much good. I hate to see all the pretty stuff not looking so pretty. I got one cherry tomato and 1 squash out of the garden this morning. This is the longest my squash plants have lasted in years. I am getting plenty to share with everyone. Usually I get on picking and then the plants die.
**Ann, I am worried for you, I hope you check in soon and let us know how things are going.
**Debbie, same for you, you haven't checked in in a long time.
**Carolyn, how did you make out at the Dr.s?
**Martha how are your gardens doing in all this heat?
**Fan, I saw an interesting show the other day from Amsterdam, they were explaining that houses are so narrow and have several floors because the taxes used to be based on "road frontage" for lack of a better term. The people were looking for a place without stairs and were having trouble finding anything.
What is your dinner plan for today? We have so many fresh veggies that I will be cooking up a lot of them and a small ham loaf to go with it.

Have things to do, I will try and check in later to see who has visited.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
grammadotcom
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello strangers, LOL.
We have been gone from home for almost 2 months. We went to Cookeville and have working on the property up the. Jim had to redo the sewer lines, and we did some cleaning. Jessica and Marc had a 4th of July party and we helped with that. Then he had to work on his tractor that has been in the shop for over a year, that man that was supposed to be fixing it was in no hurry. So Jim decided to just go in there and do it himself. It cost us over $1000.00 because of the sugar getting put in it last year. We brought the bigger tractor back home. We just got back yesterday afternoon. I have so much work to do on this house and the yard, it is going to take me a another month to get it back to my standards!!! Our guy that was staying here to "help" out, has been just helping himself to what ever he wanted. He was supposed to pay us some money when he got his student loans, but instead since we weren't here to take it as soon as he got it, he blew it all in about a week. He made a big mess here with drinking and crap. Never washed his dishes, I was disgusted with this place when I came in. He drank all of my liquor I had in my candy making cabinet, took all of my pain pills that I had put up from my kidney stone episode, and then on top of that he had some girl over here and got into an argument with her and told her to leave but she wasn't moving fast enough for him so he called the cops to to get her out, and ended up getting arrested himself for domestic assault. He is still in jail and keeps calling here collect, but we aren't accepting them. He has another thought coming if he thinks he is going to come back here. We have just had to much drama from him.
I had a good visit with Jessica and got to spend a lot of time with John, he is growing so fast. He got used to me being there, and asked about me when Jessica would pick him up from daycare.
I hope everyone is doing good. I need to go back and read the posts to see what everyone is up to. I have only had my kindle while I have been gone and it is a pain to type on some sites.
Pattit- it is getting hot already here too. I need to get outside and water my plants too, and Jim has to mow. Cody has been gone a week and I don't know how long it had been since he watered them before that. I had to call him and remind him all of the time.
Jeanna told us to come over to their farm and pick a bunch of veggies.

I had better get busy before it gets too hot out there. TTYL

https://picturesforbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi:)

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing day and stay cool Cool

I've been moving archive materials while it was very hot and off course didn't think about drinking water. Something very stupid with temps close to 85F. So I came home feeling slightly sluggish, but liquid and a good rest in the shade in the street perked me up. Even so much that a got involved in the bricklaying activities in my street.
The electric company has finished their work today, but the bricklaying company which was supposed to repair the street didn't show up. A couple of shopkeepers wanted to have their shops wheel chair accessible again before the weekend shoppers decided to do it them selves.

Others didn't care that much and started giving "useful" directions Laughing

Was fun, but delayed dinner time, so I opted for frying a bit of köfte, making a chicory salad and French fries from the take away Wink It still was too hot for playing in the kitchen.

PattiT, luckily the taxes have changed over the centuries Laughing But it's true, the width of your house and the fact of having a front door in the main street were important factors for the amount of tax you had to pay.
Grammadot, long time no see. Glad you checked in again. Not so glad about the bloke who was house sitting. Does he still expect you to bail him out after all this?

知人者智,自知者明
Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody! Sorry I haven't checked in for awhile. I was having trouble with my computer again! Evil or Very Mad and this is my NEW COMPUTER!!! Something messed up the registry and I had a bunch of errors. I called Avast and they were able to fix it.... for now anyway!

It has been so hot lately, but you all know about that! It has been in the high 90's and today it says 102 on my deck!! I've been trying to keep everything watered. Poor flowers... they wilt and droop down, then I water them and they perk up until the next day and I do it all over again. Patti, I know what you mean about the water running right out the bottom. That's because they're sooo dry they can't absorb it. Let them sit in a bucket or tray of water for 15-20 minutes and they'll soak it up. After doing that, the next time you water them do it slowly so the soil soaks it up before you give it some more.

We've been eating out or getting take out.... it's too hot to cook! I miss making Jim dinner... but not THAT much.

Grammdot - That's terrible about your tenant!! What a jerk! You're right not to take his calls!!

Fan - Nothing like a new computer system to set you back a ways! Once you get the hang of it and they get "the bugs" out.... it will probably be great. How is your baby birdie doing?

Hi to everybody else out there! Stay cool!!!!!!!!!
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tango, you sneaked in while I was typing. How have you been?
Martha, our birdie is doing fine. Took a pic of it the day before yesterday trotting along besides his mom.

Glad you are able to join us again in the digital dimension of this world.

知人者智,自知者明
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: