BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Weekend, July 20th&21st 2013

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:14 am    Post subject: Weekend, July 20th&21st 2013 Reply with quote

Good day everybody, have a great weekend Very Happy

It took a long time for the sun to appear today, which was very nice. It was cool and comfortable after a week of high temps and with another week with temps close to 90F ahead. I'm preparing for it by cooking a big batch of pasta sauce and freezing it, so I can make up some quick pasta meals after work on hot days. And for tonight I made some Lhaksa with shrimps.

I also totally cleaned out the backyard, in order to have my morning coffee and breakfast outside again. Cool If tomorrow is cool too I might start cleaning out the shed. If not I'll be trying to escape the heat indoors.
So what's happening on the other side of the pond?

知人者智,自知者明
carolyn
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: well well Reply with quote

Another week has gone by and another tragedy for my family. my grandson and his best friend were swimming at the beach and it was very strong wind current and his friend could not make it back to shore and got washed away it took them 5 hours to find him. my grandson tried to save him but he could not because of the strong wind current. he was only 13 years old he is taking the loss very hard and blaming himself. very sad day today. than my daughter traceys boyfriend have severe back surgery on his vertabrays and has been out of it for 2 days. and when it rains it pours my daughter has a court custady trial on monday so have to head to grand rapids for that 7 hour trip. not sure about my ct scan yet will know next week on the 30th if i need surgery or not. july has been the worst month this year so far. i sure as hell need some good news for once. well have a great weekend everyone else

pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello girls, we spent the day at a swimming event and have another one tomorrow. There was no air conditioning at the meet today. Unfortunately we found out too late that if we wanted air conditioning we had to ask for it. So the swim team paid $1,000.00 for the use of the building and everyone was miserable.
We went back to my sons for a while afterward. Gary got in the pool but with the water near 90 degrees I passed. We had some ice left over from the snack bar and the girls got quite a laugh out of us putting it in the pool. I told them that way we might find an ice berg, ha ha.
Tomorrow we get to do it all over again, at least tomorrow it is supposed to be the younger swimmers going first so maybe we wont have to be there all day.
**Fan, you are being very productive. My son Nick would love that meal you prepared. I hope you are able to escape the high temps tomorrow.
**Carolyn, your family has been having the worst luck. I am so sorry for all the bad things that have happened. I will say a prayer for you all.
**Tango, I hope you will stop by and let us know how you are doing.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
tango
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope to update soon!!
I have no internet Sad
Typing on the phone, ugggghhhhhhh

fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning everybody, have a smashing Sunday Very Happy

I'm trying to stay cool, the temp has gone up to 85F and without any sign of the wind it's hot. Spent the early morning hours making cole slaw and avocado soup. So I only need to warm up things and combine it with the cole slaw for the upcoming heat wave. It's by noon now and the kitchen will warm up in the afternoon, I'm glad to have everything finished before that. Can you imagine me ironing in the back yard at 7 am?
Carolyn, hang in there. You are on my prayer list. Sorry to hear about your grandson's buddy. I sure hope he'll be able to put the accident in perspective after some time and finds the strength to coop with the loss.
PattiT, how long did the iceberg last Wink . Hopefully today the airco is working at the swimming event.
Tango, can't wait to have you back here. I sure hope everything is okay considering the circumstances?
I think I'm gonna nap away the hottest part of the day now. TTYL

知人者智,自知者明
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The swim meet went swimmingly, sorry I couldn't help myself. It was air conditioned in the staging area and in the stands. Madison qualified in all 3 of her events so she moves on to the finals in Hershey, PA. She is going to go to Hershey Park after the events are over. She is going with a friend on Saturday and then with her Pop and her Uncle the following week. We had gotten 4 free tickets, it has gotten so expensive so we were very happy to get the free tickets.
I worked on trying to bring some of my flowers back to health. This heat has really done a number on them.
**Tango, it will be nice to hear how things haven been going for you.
**fan, glad you were able to get so many things done in the morning. How has Myo been doing? The ice berg didn't last very long at all, ha ha. They did say the pool temperature went down a little. We should have went to their house today instead of yesterday.

We stopped on he way home and got some corn on the cob and a beautiful tomato and had b.l.t.'s and corn for lunch, now I am not hungry for dinner.
I might just munch on some popcorn later, in the summer, that can be dinner. Hubby is having a salad with hard boiled eggs, cucumbers and the last of the lettuce from the garden. I need to go cut up some things for his salad.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: