BakeSpace.com Member Forums
Welcome to the BakeSpace.com forums. Please email us at babette@bakespace.com once you have register so that we may quickly activate your forum account. Please provide us with your username so we can find your account. Thank you!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

~ Good Afternoon, FRIDAY - August 2, 2013 ~

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dutchmom4
Pro Chef

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:47 am    Post subject: ~ Good Afternoon, FRIDAY - August 2, 2013 ~ Reply with quote

Good Afternoon, Friends!

I went out for one activity. One of the Dutch stores had a big sale, but I only bought a little Gouda cheese and whole meal rusk. Yum, yum! Smile

I have tried to sign on to Bake Space before I left, and the page wouldn't show up. Sounds like more of a problem with my computer. So, here I come, and here I go. Smile

Hoping you can sign in.
~~Vicki

http://bakespace.com/?dutchmom4
pattit
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Vicki and anyone else who checks in today. I have a little time to check in today. Madison and her Pop are at Hershey Park with my son James and his nephew and niece. It seems like they are going to have great weather for it. Tonight Nick and Tina are coming for a visit. I had to get the guest room ready for them and move Madison into the room with me. Tomorrow is a birthday party for my twin sons and me so we will just keep Madison tonight and return her tomorrow. It will be sad to see her go. It won't be long until we are all on vacation together so that will make it easier to say goodbye.
**Ann, in my prayers and thoughts.
**Debbie had to be taken to the hospital again the other day. Her hubby said the MERSA in her foot is pretty bad. She was also having trouble breathing. They wanted to keep her but she insisted on going home.
**Vicki, funny you should mention the Gouda cheese, I just tried to use that word in scrabble. Glad you were able to get out and about a little today.

http://photostosharewithbakespace.shutterfly.com/pictures
fanmajie
Pro BakeSpacer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everybody, have a smashing day Very Happy

Can't believe I survived today. It was 90F today in the coastal areas and 99F in the eastern part of the country. Left home early today to be in time for a siesta. Smile Now by 10pm it has cooled down considerably, but the heat is still in my house, feels muggy.
Didn't make any plans for the weekend. With T-storms forecasted it is hard to plan any outings and there's still the shed that needs some attention.
Vicki, glad you got to go out for something fun today. Yum rusk, with Gouda, strawberries or chocolate sprinkles?.
PattiT, you sound like a real party animal Cool . Go get swinging Laughing and have fun. Thanks for keeping us updated on Debbie.
{{{{Ann-Marie}}}}

知人者智,自知者明
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woops! I just added on yesterday's post about Debbie where Gramma/Patti was asking about her. I was still a day behind and didn't realize PattiT had updated here.

Vicki - Sorry you didn't score big at that sale, but at least you didn't come home empty handed. If you didn't get pinged about the updated post, I added those recipes you were asking about.

Patti - Celebrating your b-day late this year, or STILL celebrating your birthday? Wink Your family sounds like ours too many b-days falling around the same time. Unfortunately that happens for me around the holidays, so buying lots of b-day presents on top of X-Mass presents.

Fan - 99?!? Yikes! Soooooooo much worse when it's muggy out too. Sorry about that!

OK guys, now since two of you mentioned it, I have to go look up rusk now LOL.

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

Martha
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Everybody!

We had a thunder and lightning storm this morning, but now the sun is shinning and it's 77°. We needed the rain.... glad it hasn't been as hot as it was last week. This is more like what a normal summer is in upstate New York.

I went this afternoon for my pre-admission exam at the hospital. I guess I passed because they said to come back next week for the surgery. Laughing Can you believe they want me there at 5:30 AM !!! ( I usually go to bed about 2:00-3:00) I told them I might just come in around then and stay in the waiting room until they call me!

Jim has gone to Vermont for a family reunion and to play golf. He is the "baby" of the family used to have 2 sisters and 5 brothers... now all he has left are 2 brothers and a few nieces and nephews. So I imagine the party won't be as wild as it used to be!! Laughing I made him a big batch of Sugar Cookies (his favorite) to take along and munch while he's driving.

OK.... I want to know what "rusk" is too!

{{{ANN}}}}
{{{{Debbie}}}}

Hi to everybody else out there. Happy Weekend!!
Tyler's Aunt
Capo di tutti Capi

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Martha - Glad I'm not the only one. Seem like more often than not nowadays it's starting to get light out before I get to sleep! Just make sure you check in with someone when you get there so they can wake you up - wouldn't want them to call for you and you're asleep, so they think you skipped out on them. Wink

As for rusk, it appears to be like Zweiback toast for babies. Wish I knew that when searching for Zweiback for an almond cake we love. Had a hard time finding it.

BLOG: http://hyethymecafe.blogspot.com/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    BakeSpace.com Member Forums Forum Index -> The Breakfast Club All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: